WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Holy Shit @ Newegg!

Descent

Hella Constipated
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814125156

Newegg said:
Descent
good card for the money. I bought it about 6-7 months ago and thought it was the best thing in the world. Now it dropped price and i already outdated. In Battlefield 2 i can barely get away in medium
good card for the money. I bought it about 6-7 months ago and thought it was the best thing in the world. Now it dropped price and i already outdated. In Battlefield 2 i can barely get away in medium settings as it gets choppy at times and in world of warcraft it get extremely choppy(especially in ironforge) because it only has 128mb of mem. while my friend has a x700 pro (with almost the same set-up besides the video card) and it doesn't get choppy (but in any first person shooters mine beats his by a couple frames per sec.) PLus if your thinking about SLIing 2 of these together, forget it. you might as well just get a 6800gt and then save up to SLI that (or even switch to AXX and get a x800 if you have no preferance between the manufactures). Plus the brand new drivers mess up in Halo, the colors get changed around and the picture is all buggy. Overclocks nice though im running 590mhz core and 1.3ghz memory.
The fucked up part? This guy ain't me. The really fucked up part? I just used this EXACT same card in a build for a friend on Saturday...

Holy shit, when worlds collide.

wow he definately needs ram. that card is way more than enough for WoW. and BF NEEDS 1gb mim.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Empacher said:
wow he definately needs ram. that card is way more than enough for WoW. and BF NEEDS 1gb mim.

um i can run bf2 at 1024 x 768 at all medium at like 75 fps, and i only have 512 MB....

but back on topic...ZOMG who would be so original as to use descent as a name?!?!

/sarcasm

You know everytime I meet someone named Mike it FREAKS me out! The fact that more than one person can have the same name OMFG I can't even think about it. :rolleyes:

jamesp

In Memory...
dull_bullet said:
um i can run bf2 at 1024 x 768 at all medium at like 75 fps, and i only have 512 MB....

but back on topic...ZOMG who would be so original as to use descent as a name?!?!

/sarcasm
With the wuality settings all the way up it uses slightly over one gig of ram.

Descent

Hella Constipated
dull_bullet said:

/sarcasm
Hey hey hey buddy...It's more unique than "UNNANMED PLAYER" or "KILLER."

Besides, mang, I named myself this because Descent is my all-time favorite game, and there's actually a story behind it. When I got my ID stolen back in 2004, I requested Jason to close my old account and I installed a new one. I used my user name as a key to "clue" people in as to who I was.

And it stuck.