WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Home-made Taser

I just got home from work, had a shower, came on wtf.com, looked at that, and am now going to the shops to buy a disposable camera. I'll let you know how it works out ;)

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
i remember when me and my friends did that, seeing who could hold onto it the longest being shocked. then the battery died...

Stupid shops where i'm at dont have any. Going to go catch the bus to the huge mall and buy one.

And i seen and heard about this agesssss ago, but i couldnt understand what the instructions meant considering the diagrams were the most chat pieces of shit i've ever seen.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
:thumbsup: you can also make one (a mini one) out of the piezo-electric element from a BBQ grill, or a lighter. Not quite as potent, but barrels of fun in a crowd.

Blaze

Pyromaniac Extraordinaire
:thumbsup: awsome! i always support jackass behavior. naturally, if ya wanna go for the gusto, why not stick a fork in a socket and have a blast :yikes: .

party! :jig:

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
Pretty cool, but he basically could have said "take batteries out and disassemble, cut the the flash off, and reassemble w/ the batteries in" and could have saved us the "instructional video".

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
LiberatioN said:
Pretty cool, but he basically could have said "take batteries out and disassemble, cut the the flash off, and reassemble w/ the batteries in" and could have saved us the "instructional video".
But wheres the fun in that?
:thumbsup:

Completed.

Thank you twist for the video. I have finished making it and yes it works very well. I used a kodak disposable flash camera.

I never realised taking it apart and fucking with it was that hard. Unlike in that video, this camera didn't have wires connected to the flash, but the flash was soldered to small bits of metal on the PCB. I shit you not, i got zapped at least 5 times making it. The first two times was the worst, i musta touched the soldered points to the capacitor or some shit. I had to borrow a mates soldering iron to solder some wires onto the board (which is another time when i got zapped).

Heres a pic of my finished product.

And if this link works, heres a VIDEO of it in action against my pair of scissors.

Have a nice day.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Dragonfly said:
Thank you twist for the video. I have finished making it and yes it works very well. I used a kodak disposable flash camera.

I never realised taking it apart and fucking with it was that hard. Unlike in that video, this camera didn't have wires connected to the flash, but the flash was soldered to small bits of metal on the PCB. I shit you not, i got zapped at least 5 times making it. The first two times was the worst, i musta touched the soldered points to the capacitor or some shit. I had to borrow a mates soldering iron to solder some wires onto the board (which is another time when i got zapped).

Heres a pic of my finished product.

And if this link works, heres a VIDEO of it in action against my pair of scissors.

Have a nice day.
Nice clip!!

I now have the idea to replace the small capacitor in the camera you can see in the picture below, with the one on the right, or something bigger.

I also want to get strong metal prongs instead of the loose wires, and replace the short lived, cheap, stock, alkaline battery with a duracell AA.

If you cant see it above, try the LINK.

Oh, and i just tested it on a mate ;) It didn't spark much but it cramped his entire arm up, and made a small bleeding cut. I can't wait to see what happens with a larger capacitor :D