WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Homeland Security Chief Ridge Resigns

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge, who headed President Bush's efforts to build up domestic security following the Sept. 11 attacks, resigned on Tuesday.

In the latest shake-up of Bush's second-term Cabinet, Ridge, known for his color-coded security alerts and suggesting the use of duct tape in home security kits in case of attack, announced his decision at a news conference after submitting his resignation letter to the president.

"The president has given me an extraordinary opportunity to serve my country in this incredible period since Sept. 11, 2001," said Ridge, the first head of the newly created department.

"I just want to step back and pay a little more attention to some other personal matters."

Ridge told Bush he would stay in his position until February or until his successor is confirmed.

"After more than 22 consecutive years of public service, it is time to give personal and family matters a higher priority," Ridge said in his resignation letter.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really going to miss old Tom yelling "Yellow", NO, "Orange", while his eyes sort of bugged out, and "get yourself some sheets of plastic for a bioterrorism attack" (so they'll have something to wrap your lifeless body in).

Good Times!

that whole duct tape thing cracked me up. as my physics prof pointed out... "DUCT TAPE IS POROUS!!!" duct tape won't keep out anything. that's kind of the point of it.

hooray for unfounded mass hysteria.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
as flawed as those Ideas may have been.... they were better than leaving the windows open...

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
They're bailing out in droves. I hear all Bush's ex-cabinet members are moving to Canada.
Code:
"Leave the Captain, to stay with the sinking ship."    ------------------->       "Fuck him! He's the one that rammed the Iceberge!"

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
voiceofreason said:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge, who headed President Bush's efforts to build up domestic security following the Sept. 11 attacks, resigned on Tuesday. /QUOTE]

Well, there goes the whole evolution theory. Yanno why? God answered my prayers. That cat is a CHOAD.