WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines homosexual marriage licenses voided

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
(CNN) -- Thousands of marriages sanctioned in San Francisco earlier this year were voided Thursday when the California Supreme Court ruled that city's mayor overstepped his authority by issuing licenses to gay and lesbian couples.

THEY CAN'T FUCKING DO THAT.........they were promised to be alowed to be hitched..........but no the fucking U.S.A has to screw them over.......... homosexual marriage is the same as heterosexual sexual marraige....................it's wrong to do that.............screw you bush:feedback:

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
The German Army has officially decided to allow Gay relationships among soldiers regardless of rank.

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
MaxPower said:
The German Army has officially decided to allow Gay relationships among soldiers regardless of rank.
great... what next they gonna leagalise sex in public?

G's-up

Postaholic
Skyline-Cobra said:
(CNN) -- Thousands of marriages sanctioned in San Francisco earlier this year were voided Thursday when the California Supreme Court ruled that city's mayor overstepped his authority by issuing licenses to gay and lesbian couples.

THEY CAN'T FUCKING DO THAT.........they were promised to be alowed to be hitched..........but no the fucking U.S.A has to screw them over.......... homosexual marriage is the same as heterosexual sexual marraige....................it's wrong to do that.............screw you bush:feedback:

What the hell is the big deal about a freakin piece of paper??? If you love someone, that piece of paper that the state gives you is just that ... A PIECE OF PAPER!!

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
Skyline-Cobra(CNN) said:
-- Thousands of marriages sanctioned in San Francisco earlier this year were voided Thursday when the California Supreme Court ruled that city's mayor overstepped his authority by issuing licenses to gay and lesbian couples.
That's exactly right. A mayor doesn't have the authority to decide what laws he/she wants to uphold.They must uphold and abide by the laws, the same as you and me.

Skyline-Cobra said:
THEY CAN'T FUCKING DO THAT
Sure they can, and they did. The people of California decide on their community values, not the opinions of a few, or pressure from other states to adopt their community values. The Supreme Court of California upheld the written law of the people of California.

Skyline-Cobra said:
Screw you Bush
What does Bush have to do with this? He might want to enact a law, but it takes the Congress and the Senate to pass a law.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
The_DEA said:
great... what next they gonna leagalise sex in public?
Whew! that would often take the pressure off me.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
G-string said:
What the hell is the big deal about a freakin piece of paper??? If you love someone, that piece of paper that the state gives you is just that ... A PIECE OF PAPER!!
G, I agree with that in the emotional sense.

But they want the right to legally choose a life partner. A marriage license would give them the ability to do things like, get family medical coverage, and make leaving assets to their surviving life partner in a legal will easier.

What I don't geht is all these people that say "It will destroy society". How? They already live together. The world isn't suffering form a dwindling population. Other countries in the EU allow it and are not suffering ill effects. WHO THE FUCK CARES!?! It's none of my business or anyone else’s but theirs. What people who oppose this won't tell you (or admit to themselves) is that the real reason they are against it, it because they are homophobes. Or it goes against their personal religious beliefs. Then you geht those who say "No it's not that. It's "their community values". What kind of sense of "values" or "decency" do you have if you're trying to keep two people, in love with one another apart.
These people are the sick degenerates that think that homosexuals are a bunch of perverts, and that it's all about sex. They can't fathom that there is the same emotional attachment with their partner as heterosexuals have with their partners of the opposite sex.
Ignorant, Backwoods, stone aged, fuckers. <--Not a flame to anyone on this site, But if you think the person I described above sounds like you; then you know who you are. Nothing I can do to help you.

Pachyderm

I really did.
It's really cool that the German army has made that step forward to allow unconventional couples love each other. I have said this many times before, and I'll say it again. Just because someone admits to being gay, does not mean they've lost all consideration and common sence. They're not going to decide it's right to make out it public or do what ever (PDA), just like straight couples do minimal physical stuff in public. It should be alright for gays to hold hands and show affections by hugging/kissing though.
Sometimes, I get really...uhh...almost depressed when I see our straight couple friends hugging and knowing I can't because I am offending someone's sexuality somewhere.
As for the marraige being void (I haven't read the artical yet, so I don't know what's happening to the mayor) I think it's not that big of a set back, that it was merely a statement of what's to come. It was like a piece march or a sit in and marry protest. It'll happen in my lifetime, that I can be married.

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
Skyline-Cobra said:

ACtually, the problem was that the SF mayor did something that he wasn't allowed to do. If anybody lied it was him. However, this was done more to make a statement than anything so the gay couples that got married in SF knew the risk that they were running. Yes, I'm for homosexual civil unions, but think about this reasonably here.

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
G-string said:
Actually, it provides rights to insurance coverage, legal guardianship, and many other rights (hundreds) that are not provided to you if you don't have that "piece of paper". Please inform yourself of the issues before commenting on them.

Pachyderm

I really did.
I would like to get married to my girlfriend someday, and I want to have the same rights. I understand if someone doesn't want to call it "Marriage" to, I guess "purify" the institution as between a man and a woman. So call it civil union, or make it a prettier word..like wedlock, or conjugality* and give me my rights as a human being with another human being.

*are the same as marriage, for all of those who didn't catch that.

Gay marriage is a diversion of much more important issues abroad in my opinion.

Than again it would be allot easier if they would just let gays get married. Then there would be no issues with marriage rights. Hell,
let them get married for all i care.

Pachyderm

I really did.
rbutler_7 said:
Gay marriage is a diversion of much more important issues abroad in my opinion.
I feel like I would totaly agree with you that there is something more behind this issue if you would elaborate.

The issue is not that people just "want" this piece of paper. The issue is that they need it right? The rights that are withheld for people that don’t have a marriage license are what the real issue is. Otherwise i believe no one would really care because like someone said earlier it doesn’t really matter weather you have a piece of paper to say your married or not if you really love someone and want to be with them forever. That is strictly a personal bond and the government can only protect those rights and not scrutinize you for being a certain way.

It is also very good way to segregate the two party system because you are either going to be for it or against it right? Especially if you are hard-core republican or hard core democrat. It gives the public issues.

Pachyderm

I really did.
I have never really heard a valid opinion saying why gays shouldn't be allowed the same rights. What I hear is that it's not natural, or it's a sin, or the bible this..or what ever. It seems to me, that the people saying these things are one step down (or a few) on the educational ladder.

You mentioned that you are indifferent, but do you think gays should get full rights whether it be called marraige or whatever?

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
G-string said:

Yeah it is a peice of paper..but youre fogetting all the benefits one gets from being married.....insurance purposes...laws relating to title, tenure, descent and distribution, intestate succession, waiver of will, adoption...Victim's compensation rights, workers' compensation benefits. And these are just to name a few....

to all of you gay bashing homophobes.... :mfinger:

Edit: for more info on this...
http://gaylife.about.com/cs/gaymarriage/a/cdm.htm

Pachyderm

I really did.
rbutler_7 said:
It is also very good way to segrigate the two party system because you are either going to be for it or against it right? especially if you are hard core republican or hard core democrat. It gives the public issues.
Right. That's exactly what Bush has done with his campaign. "If you don't like me, like what I stand for, because the other guy has no morals" so he splits the country in half, making it a tighter election. I don't see why anyone would want to admit their bias and alienate a whole chunk of the US.