WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Horrible tech logic

Jung

???
Premium
I know we've all heard some pretty absurd things form our friend, family, that Comp USA sales lackie or just some random person. So lets hear it.

"My cable modem can download at 3 Megabytes per second, 3 Megabytes per second means it's super fast."

No, you moron. First off, it's Megabits; big M little b. Second, bandwidth does NOT equal speed, that's called latency.

"Macs only have one buttAn, my PC is better."

Oh thanks, I've never heard that cliche before. If you weren't such a clueless douche, you'd realize that Macs have supported multiple buttons for quite some time now. Furthermore, you'd realize that the PPC processor is far superior to the x86.

"Who needs backups? That is what RAID is for."

RAID is for uptime and speed, and redundancy, dumb fuck. It's not a back up. Wait until your array dies and you lose 300+ GB worth of data.

"Oh no, it isn't my power supply, its got 700 watts!"

And 2A on the +12V rail!

"More megapixels means a better image"

Please only shop at Comp USA from now on, and by all means, get all your tech info from billy, the pimple faced teenager.

n00b head

The pron storer
Ah the stupid. Many a time have I heard things along the line of "My computer crashed so I added 1 gig of ram. That didnt work so I added a new harddrive. It still doesnt work I need a new computer"

Easty

Click click boom
junglizm said:
I know we've all heard some pretty absurd things form our friend, family, that Comp USA sales lackie or just some random person. So lets hear it.
when your comp fucks up and there's no one around to help, who ya gonna call?

JUNG!

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
"Did you know that Windows XP and Windows ME are really the same thing?"

"The guy at CompUSA said that <insert anything stupid here>"

"If you don't already know C++ you'd never understand the power of Java." <-- A college professor used that to explain why he was rejecting my petition to enter his class.

"Dude, you can play any XBox game on your PC without having to do anything special."

"You can't use an HP printer on anything but HP computers. It's a known fact."

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
I called Tech Support for my grandfather one day because his internet was acting slow, and he had just gotten a new modem from his ISP; I figured the modem was faulty.

"Hi, yeah my grandpa just recieved a new dsl modem, but his internet is not as fast as it used to be, what gives?"

"It must be his videocard; you should upgrade that immediatly."

I promptly hung up, and had him change ISP's.

UberSkippy said:
"If you don't already know C++ you'd never understand the power of Java." <-- A college professor used that to explain why he was rejecting my petition to enter his class.
:rofl:

Jung

???
Premium
UberSkippy said:
Silly, that's because pumping lemma says that public classes must be derided.