WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

House hunting in this sellers market sucks!

Jane Deere

CEO at Janer's Garage
Staff
We're house shopping and the market around here, specifically in the next state over. It's only 5 minutes away and has extremely low taxes. However, there are only 3 towns that are close enough to the state border and they are good places. The rest is sketchy or way too far. We saw a house yesterday that was already on contract 5 hours later. That's literally a common trend in this market right now. It absolutely sucks. We'd stay here longer but we had as person looking our window the other night. It was freaky. I have an almost 4yo and a 2 month old. I need to move.

Major suckage.:/

Crazizniac

Postaholic
Premium
Do not get stuck in a situation that is more desperate than the one you're in now. I know it seems urgent that you find "your" American dream but don't rush into a situation that is going to break you - emotionally, financially or physically. The right place always comes along but patience is your friend.

Stardust

How am I still alive
Premium
Do not get stuck in a situation that is more desperate than the one you're in now. I know it seems urgent that you find "your" American dream but don't rush into a situation that is going to break you - emotionally, financially or physically. The right place always comes along but patience is your friend.
This is really important to remember. I know how it can feel like you slowly start hating your home when you’re looking at new houses and get half slowly desperate to find anything that isn’t your house.

And good luck!

Jane Deere

CEO at Janer's Garage
Staff
So they countered our offer and we accepted it. It was a little higher than I wanted but the seller will pay closing costs. I'm happy but can't allow myself to get too excited until the inspection and appraisal are done. If all goes well we close on June 14.

Gone-A-Ria

Girls are great!
We're house shopping and the market around here, specifically in the next state over. It's only 5 minutes away and has extremely low taxes. However, there are only 3 towns that are close enough to the state border and they are good places. The rest is sketchy or way too far. We saw a house yesterday that was already on contract 5 hours later. That's literally a common trend in this market right now. It absolutely sucks. We'd stay here longer but we had as person looking our window the other night. It was freaky. I have an almost 4yo and a 2 month old. I need to move.

If you post the address, then I'll come stalk you! :)

thekid65

Walking the PG-13 line
Hope all goes well for you Jane. Moving itself sucks donkey balls, but getting into a new home and making it yours is worth it! Hope you didn;t settle on something that wasnt exactly what you wanted.

House humting here in Boise is similar to what you described. Property values have sky-rocketed, and everything is way overpriced. But yet, homes dont stay on the market for long, and sellers are pretty much getting full price.

Jane Deere

CEO at Janer's Garage
Staff
Hope all goes well for you Jane. Moving itself sucks donkey balls, but getting into a new home and making it yours is worth it! Hope you didn;t settle on something that wasnt exactly what you wanted.

House humting here in Boise is similar to what you described. Property values have sky-rocketed, and everything is way overpriced. But yet, homes dont stay on the market for long, and sellers are pretty much getting full price.
Thanks! We went from probably 1200 square feet to 2330 square feet. The family room is a little smaller than what I was hoping for but I have 2 kitchens, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a play are, a 3 seasons room and a huge back yard. I'm very excited! The guy who lived there took such good care of it. He worked for a builder. There's a secret bookshelf compartment to hide important stuff, a rotating shelf so you can watch tv in another section of a bedroom just by rotating it, a remote controlled sun shade off the back of the house, and a remote controlled fence so the guy could ride his motorcycle right into the back without getting off his bike. So much fun!

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
I still say it sounds like the guy was living the Stripper Storage life...

Fenced in yard, to hide the transport of strippers.
Automated entry into the backyard for when you're coming in hot, so neighbors can't see who's on the back of the bike, a stripper.
Automated shade for when your hands are full, with a stripper.
Secret compartment to hide strippers inside the house for those surprise drop-in of friends and family.
Rotating TV for captive audience use by a stripper.

If you find any glittar trails in the house, you know why.

• 1Agree
  • 1LOL
Reactions: Jason and Stardust

Gone-A-Ria

Girls are great!

Go live in a trailer you redneck girl! <3

ib4

Error
Staff
You're supposed to panic when everyone is buying and buy when everyone is panicking not the other way around.
I've been trying to tell my peers this. No one listens. Wife and I have secure jobs and cash on hand. Waiting for things to get to the sweet spot. Probably post crash?

• 1Like
Reactions: Jung

Stardust

How am I still alive
Premium
I've been trying to tell my peers this. No one listens. Wife and I have secure jobs and cash on hand. Waiting for things to get to the sweet spot. Probably post crash?
There’s also dumb luck. Which we had. Found our house, fell in love. There was atleast 4 other families/people looking at the showing. When we arrived at home we sent an email “we’re ready to pay the asked price as long as the (okay, totally lost the word it’s a guy who checks out the house and tells us whats wrong with it) goes well. Next week we, the owners and the realtor go with the guy and go through the house. Nothing suprising, all seems good, the realtor mentions people have asked for the listing. We go write the papers in where we promise to buy the house, and they that they’ll sell it (if anyone withdraws they have to pay a fine) the realtor again mentions people are still asking about the house. A month has gone and we’re in the bank writing the final papers and getting our keys, the realtor again mentions “oh yeah, people are still asking for this house”, the now former owners say “oh...maybe we should have had a bidding”. So yeah, dumb luck and a couple divorcing is always helpful (they wanted the house sold to get their monies).

ib4

Error
Staff
There’s also dumb luck. Which we had. Found our house, fell in love. There was atleast 4 other families/people looking at the showing. When we arrived at home we sent an email “we’re ready to pay the asked price as long as the (okay, totally lost the word it’s a guy who checks out the house and tells us whats wrong with it) goes well. Next week we, the owners and the realtor go with the guy and go through the house. Nothing suprising, all seems good, the realtor mentions people have asked for the listing. We go write the papers in where we promise to buy the house, and they that they’ll sell it (if anyone withdraws they have to pay a fine) the realtor again mentions people are still asking about the house. A month has gone and we’re in the bank writing the final papers and getting our keys, the realtor again mentions “oh yeah, people are still asking for this house”, the now former owners say “oh...maybe we should have had a bidding”. So yeah, dumb luck and a couple divorcing is always helpful (they wanted the house sold to get their monies).
I think they are just Professional Inspectors, im not sure if theres a different name, maybe? I'm a little confused by what you mean by, "dumb luck" in response to what i said. Maybe I'm not understanding something :confused:

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
I think they are just Professional Inspectors, im not sure if theres a different name, maybe? I'm a little confused by what you mean by, "dumb luck" in response to what i said. Maybe I'm not understanding something :confused:
I'm going to assume she means you can get deals based on dumb luck instead of following a system. Like what happened with her own house. Things just worked out.

• 1Agree
  • 1Like
Reactions: ib4 and Stardust