WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Housewife on Resumé

SilkKnitter

SNIFF
I have housewife listed on my resumé and was told its a bad thing. What do y'all think about this? It utterly pisses me off.

Mine is listed as Domestic Engineer and the following is actual...

Home / Domestic Engineer

January 1999 to May 2024
Aside from the typical cooking, cleaning, and childcare, I deal with all the household finances and appointment scheduling. I have learned how to deal with unruly persons of all ages and how to make things work when all seemed impossible.

Now I'm sure others list their's differently.

Discuss

• 2Like
Reactions: Stardust and MaxPower

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
What you're trying to do is showcase the skills and hard work that it takes to be a housewife. Which in and of itself isn't terrible. Its hard work running a household. I understand why you want to put it on your resume.

However... a few things. You're listing future dates. Like... wtf does that mean... what in 2024 you just fucking give up being a mother and wife? Like you already decided in 2024 you're gonna take half, disown the kids and run off with Juan, the sexy scuba instructor you met on your cruise to Costa Maya? No bueno mujer!

Second, what skill are you trying to convey? Is it your organizational skils? Sandwich making skills? You change a mean diaper while bitchin at your ole man about pissing on the toilet seat? How do your skills transfer to the job you are seeking? Are you seeking ANY job or a specific job? If you plan to work at a daycare... this might be a great addition... but if you're trying to get a job at the latest millennial startup this might also be a good thing... seriously... those fucking kids need a fucking nanny. AND GET OFF YOUR GOD DAMNED PHONE PERSEPHONE!

C. Stop using "I"... no shit its you... its your fucking resume. Bullet point that shit with relevant skills to whatever position you're seeking. Don't guss it up with that horse shit PC feel good custodial engineer BS. You're a mother. It should be respected... keep it basic and let them know that its obviously a YUGE part of your life.

5th.... Sell your kids, put a down payment on a Cabana... Hire Juan... and learn to become a hustling ass whiskey swilling bar fly and use your vagina to profit. WTF... its not like you're a man and you have to work TOO hard.

PS: Hope this helps.

SilkKnitter

SNIFF
What you're trying to do is showcase the skills and hard work that it takes to be a housewife. Which in and of itself isn't terrible. Its hard work running a household. I understand why you want to put it on your resume.

However... a few things. You're listing future dates. Like... wtf does that mean... what in 2024 you just fucking give up being a mother and wife? Like you already decided in 2024 you're gonna take half, disown the kids and run off with Juan, the sexy scuba instructor you met on your cruise to Costa Maya? No bueno mujer!

Second, what skill are you trying to convey? Is it your organizational skils? Sandwich making skills? You change a mean diaper while bitchin at your ole man about pissing on the toilet seat? How do your skills transfer to the job you are seeking? Are you seeking ANY job or a specific job? If you plan to work at a daycare... this might be a great addition... but if you're trying to get a job at the latest millennial startup this might also be a good thing... seriously... those fucking kids need a fucking nanny. AND GET OFF YOUR GOD DAMNED PHONE PERSEPHONE!

C. Stop using "I"... no shit its you... its your fucking resume. Bullet point that shit with relevant skills to whatever position you're seeking. Don't guss it up with that horse shit PC feel good custodial engineer BS. You're a mother. It should be respected... keep it basic and let them know that its obviously a YUGE part of your life.

5th.... Sell your kids, put a down payment on a Cabana... Hire Juan... and learn to become a hustling ass whiskey swilling bar fly and use your vagina to profit. WTF... its not like you're a man and you have to work TOO hard.

PS: Hope this helps.
2024 is when the youngest turns 18

Secondly, LMFAO

C. Fine.

5th.... naw people wanted me to pay them to take em.

Thank you its nice to hear all that crap from someone who can put forth humor to the situation. I did take it off my resume for a job. So on the job note, I landed it!! Total career change.

ps.. housewife wasn't my only job btw ;)

Gone-A-Ria

Girls are great!
I have housewife listed on my resumé and was told its a bad thing. What do y'all think about this? It utterly pisses me off.

Mine is listed as Domestic Engineer and the following is actual...

Home / Domestic Engineer

January 1999 to May 2024
Aside from the typical cooking, cleaning, and childcare, I deal with all the household finances and appointment scheduling. I have learned how to deal with unruly persons of all ages and how to make things work when all seemed impossible.

Now I'm sure others list their's differently.

Discuss
Don't let these sexist men make you think that being a housewife is wrong. Women make great housewives!

• 1Agree
Reactions: MaxPower