WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Houston, we have a problem

How should I get my sister out of the house? (read full options below)

• Idea #1: Trade-off

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Idea #2: Invite friends

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Idea #3: Be a dick

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Update: Here are the best ideas so far. Please vote, and EXPLAIN why you voted the way you did.

Idea #1: I ask for a trade-off. She goes out of the house for the first two days, I go out of the house for the second two days, and then we both come back the last day. Don't ask, don't tell. Everybody's happy. However, this is extremely risky, as she could turn me down and then tell our mom my idea, which to my mom would be just as bad as doing it.

Idea #2: I tell her that I'm inviting a bunch of friends over. My friends are, flatly, obnoxious teenage boys. She will want to leave the house, but I'm not sure that she will.

Idea #3: (from Nailbomb) Be a dick to her until she leaves.

Okay. My mom is going to Milwaukee (for those of you who don't know where I am, HALFWAY ACROSS THE FREAKING COUNTRY) for FIVE DAYS this week. That means five days of parent-free livin'. My initial plans are: throw a party, but more importantly, have my girl stay at my house for a couple days.

So here's the problem:

My sister might be around. I originally thought she was going to be out of the house the entire time too (giving me total freedom), but it looks as though she's going to be here with me.

If I want to complete my plans, espescially having my girl at my house, I need my sister OUT. Out of the house for at least 36 hours. Hopefully she'll want to stay at friends' houses for a few days. But I want to make sure.

Edit:// Blackmail, physical violence, and bribery are out.

How should I go about getting her out of the house?

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
My sister is 17, a year and a half older than me (I'm 15 right now).

Slacker

Postaholic
I don't know she probaly won't listen to you because she is older. But i'm sure you can black mail her. If she did something that she doesn't want your parents to hear. Tell her that you will tell them about it or let you stay with my girl for a couple of days alone.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
She has more dirt on me than I have on her, and my mom doesn't trust either of us anyways.

If I try to blackmail her, she'll just tattle-tale that I'm trying to blackmail her. And then, she really won't leave the house.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Be a dick. Enough of one that she'll want to leave. Good stuff.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Please EXPLAIN your votes with a post.

Amoeba

Strange Amoeboid Creature
Umm I don't know what your sister's like, but you might be able to talk seriously to her, like say "hey you could be alone with your bf (if any) and I could be alone with my gf/poker buddies/cheap hooker and mum can just have fun without us"

keebs

Particinator
i picked 1, this might be risky but if you get it to work no worries, and i think if your sister has a bf, she might like this idea as well. the other 2, she could just lock herself in her room if she wanted.

lynduhland

Prone to Bad Karma
I picked #2. Just annoy the hell out of her and she'll come to her senses that she can't stand to be home with you and leave for a few. Whee.

I chose Idea #1. Explanation not needed, per our discussion in IRC.

If that doesn't work out, you can always resort to your other ideas. :thumbsup:

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
The problems with the inviting friends and being a dick, is that if I do that she'll probably just lock herself in her room and cry. All of the plans have a possible downfall.

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
Premium
I voted for 1, but don't explain the plan until your parents leave. Offer some Iniative, like letting her do something that she's wanted to do, but you can't be there, such as having friends there without you. Pitch it to her like a car, everything is for her.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
You have money to host a party? Then you can spare some for more devious things. Like paying some goober to "hang" with you sister. Preferably somebody you know she'll be attracted to. Next thing you know, the party is on, and you're BOTH hip deep in ass. ;)

I can't beLIEve I'm giving party advice to kids. If I were one of your parents, I would've bound and locked your mischievous asses in the basement before I vacated.

Have fun.
...or not.