How bout this for a upgrade?

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
Currently i have some offbrand 400W PSU that came with my case, so i was thinking about getting this...its awesome plus it will help with the wires going everywhere in my case.
x-connect

Jung

???
Premium
Hypertron said:
huh...i don't get it
All those neons, glowing power supplies and floppy drive racing stripes remind me of ricer burners. There's no need for a PSU to glow.

If you want a good power supply that just does it's job, you should check out PC Power & Cooling. Their site looks like it was written by a 9 year old, but their PSUs are the best.

Descent

Hella Constipated
JNG said:
All those neons, glowing power supplies and floppy drive racing stripes remind me of ricer burners. There's no need for a PSU to glow.
Well, you don't go to LAN parties, so I would have a nice big cup of shut the fuck up.

Nah, just kidding. Seriously, though, at LAN parties, you have three kinds of people: Those who have a boring gaming PC, those who have a "Ricer" PC, and those who have both (Like Moi!).

Start LANning more and then you will see my point.

Also, HyperTron, although the X-Connect is a great PSU, it's rails are not as good as the MGE Vigor 500w. That thing is sick, and that's exactly why I'm buying an MGE.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
junglizm said:
Agreed. PSU's should only glow when they're melting or on fire!

Descent

Hella Constipated
My brother's Vantec cathode went on fire :D. The transformer blew, but he got his money back.

Jung

???
Premium
Descent said:
Nah, just kidding. Seriously, though, at LAN parties, you have three kinds of people: Those who have a boring gaming PC, those who have a "Ricer" PC, and those who have both (Like Moi!).
I have neither time, not motivation to attend LAN parties with you nerd fags. My PC is happy and content living where it does, it does not need indulgent vacations.
Descent said:
Start LANning more and then you will see my point.
I LAN at work sometimes, I also play online with friends; we split the cost of a server, so we can have an idiot free place to play. I just don't lug my PC around to play games, nor do I need to compare it's "perty colors" to the next guy's. My PC does exactly what it's supposed to. I seriously doubt I'll ever see your point on this subject...

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
yeah i am gonna rig it so that i can turn off the LED's in it if i want to. all the other lights in my case can be turned off. hmm if only i had a camera i would show a picture of my computer.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Hypertron's PC:

Specs:

Hamster on a Wheel Processor
1MB RAM
256K EGA Video Card (zOMG!)
Carboard Beer case
As many drive bays as I want. I just get a boxcutter and make a new one.
Cell-O-Phane window
GE Incandescent Cathode
12v Battery From an '89 Oldsmobile Achieva
AM Radio
Tape Deck
8 1/2 Floppy
Radio Shack Speakers

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
Descent said:
Hypertron's PC:

Specs:

Hamster on a Wheel Processor
1MB RAM
256K EGA Video Card (zOMG!)
Carboard Beer case
As many drive bays as I want. I just get a boxcutter and make a new one.
Cell-O-Phane window
GE Incandescent Cathode
12v Battery From an '89 Oldsmobile Achieva
AM Radio
Tape Deck
8 1/2 Floppy
Radio Shack Speakers
funny...

acutally...

Specs:

ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe
Pentium 4 3.0E OCed to 3.6
1024MB of Corsair DDR4000 (pc3700)
Sapphire ATI x800 256MB
Sony 8x DVD-ROM
I/O Magic 52x CD-RW
80Gb HD
40Gb HD
some floppy drive...forgot the brand...

yeah i think thats it.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Descent said:
My brother's Vantec cathode went on fire :D. The transformer blew, but he got his money back.
OMG! You mean there may be others out there like you? :eek:

Descent

Hella Constipated
BRiT said:
OMG! You mean there may be others out there like you?
What? Do you mean that there are other modders out there? Or are you mocking me?

PH33R TEH CASE MODDERS! We will eat your babies!

Descent

Hella Constipated
TEENAGER!!1one! + No job! = The most custom case mod I can afford.

c. 1999 Presario 5700T Case w/ Window and Neon stuff.

Hey, at least no one else will have one :cool:.