WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

How did "The Butterfly Effect" end?

breakology

Kiss my Converse
I am way fucking confused here ... I have 2 different copies of the movie "the butterfly effect" and they both end differently. I never saw it in theaters, so I am just curious which one was shown on the big screen.

1) it ends with evan watching a home movie of himself at a party, at the party he tells the little girl that he hates her and will kill her if he ever sees her again so that she will go live with her mother. Everybody lives and evan passes the chick on the street when they are old.

2) this one also ends with evan watching a home movie, but it is his own birth. he strangles himself with his own cord while he is still in the womb. Plus there is a crazy scene earlier in teh begining where some fortune teller tells him that he has no life line and he should'nt be here. evan never existed outside the womb, but everyone else has a good life.

so which one is the version everyone else saw?

I saw the first ending. The other one's messed up.

bnccoder

Postaholic
I saw the first one, but I never saw it in theaters.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
yea, the first one was kinda happy and all, I was a little disturbed by how the other one ended. The dood commited suicide in the womb ... wtf!

I saw the second one. I never saw the movie in theaters. It was an okay movie but that new Star Wars blew that movie away. :thumbsup:

bnccoder

Postaholic
I Hate The FCC said:
I saw the second one. I never saw the movie in theaters. It was an okay movie but that new Star Wars blew that movie away. :thumbsup:
That is did. :thumbsup:

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
I Hate The FCC said:

exactly, ive seen it downloaded and on dvd..and both ended like the second.. :)

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
maybe they made it that way because the movie itself had several different endings...it was just a director's trick to mess with your mind. regardless, i saw the first ending. :(

Now I want to see the 2nd ending. But in theaters, it's the 1st one. So your mean his FETUS literally takes it's cord, and suffocates himself?!

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
I saw the first one first and then watched the other ending.
I perfer the first one, because it has more of a wonder to it, the second one is just plain strange.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
Magic Hobo said:
Now I want to see the 2nd ending. But in theaters, it's the 1st one. So your mean his FETUS literally takes it's cord, and suffocates himself?!
Yep, he goes back to the point right before he is born, he is a baby still in the womb and he wraps his cord around his neck and chokes himself. There were also a few extra scenes added in that play into the whole thing. I was fucking sad bro ... :(

star99ers

One of a kind
Err, I saw both but the first one is better because no one dies.

dzaykim

Toss my salad
star99ers said:
Err, I saw both but the first one is better because no one dies.
What is this atrocity!
Death is a great way to end a movie.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
I liked the 1st ending, but i haven't seen the 2nd, now that you guys mentioned it, i'ma go rent it.

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
Ending #2 was in the Director's Cut version. :thumbsup:

I saw the first ending. It sounds better than the second. The butterly effect is my favourite movie ever (no joke). I love Aston (HAWT!) and, i like the movie because it teaches you a life-lesson. The only thing I dont like, is that you can't miss even 1 seccond, or you are totally lost. (At least I was!)

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
I saw it twice, once on the big screen and the other on dvd and both I saw the first ending.