WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

How did you get your name

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Just curious how you all came up with your screen names. Why you call yourself what you do, and what your name means to you. If the reason is private or you just want to maintain that air of mystery, I'm sure I'll understand.

My name has nothing special to do with who I think I am, or my personality (although the ladies will tell you different). It is simply a "Simpsons" reference.
Homer wanted to change his name in one episode. Not knowing what he wanted to change it to, he looked around for Ideas. He found the name MaxPower when he looked at his power plant control panel, and saw a dial which had a power level setting marked, "Max Power".

Guess I'm just a damn copy cat.

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
i like the band otep and used soul on the end.

It just poured out. Contrary to what most people think, my name doesn't actually mean anything. I just thought it was funny.

chubz

fluffy teh penguin
chubz. . . to me it sounds self explanitory but, its a nick name more or less

friends started it

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
TheLampIncident said:
It just poured out. Contrary to what most people think, my name doesn't actually mean anything. I just thought it was funny.
Damn! and I kid you not. You were the inspiration for this thread. I thought there had to be some funny meaning behind thelampincident.

MaxPower said:
Just curious how you all came up with your screen names. Why you call yourself what you do, and what your name means to you....

My screen name came from the band "Children of Bodom". I call myself the "Child of Bodom" after the band, who actually got their name from a mass murder in Finland. Before then it was Sinergy. Anyways, back on subject, I love the name Children of Bodom, but i wanted to be the slightest bit creative. Shows how creative I am. ;) My screen name to me is awesome. I just love the band, and want to be just like them, course thats me, Mr. Goth boy who wants to be just like a death metal band who worships satan, but hey, thats just what im into. Got a problem with that? then back off

err.

i wanted my name to be ill chew you up and spit you out but... it was too long lol yea so i shortened it :)

twofivekidd9

Big Floppy Donkey Dong
Two-Five is one of my friends callsign that moved away. Kidd is the last name of jason kidd of the new jersey nets(new jersey represent), and 9 is my favorite number.

magnolia

Postaholic
I saw X-Men 2 and was completely enamered with the whole X-Men thing. I was reading an X-Man novel and they called Rogue a steel magnolia, so I used rogue_magnolia for my e-mail and magnolia for my screen name. (cuz it was shorter.)

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Hmmm

Kitana

My name comes from the game mortal kombat. Not my fav char but i have always loved the outworld princess story. I have always loved this name, sharp like a sword, pure yet some how has seen to much to really be inoccent.

Uber Squirrel

Chipmunk Slayer
Mine is Uber Squirrel

Uber-meening big, like Kit's boobs

and

Squirrel-because they are rodents. awesome

MaxPower said:
Damn! and I kid you not. You were the inspiration for this thread. I thought there had to be some funny meaning behind thelampincident.
Well, if you want a story, back when I used to use it on AIM, my first day with it, one of my friends said I IMed him the same day he and his brother broke a lamp in their house. Freaky.

Uber Squirrel

Chipmunk Slayer
thats like this one time, my cousin walter stole this cat, and BAM! four years later, Colon Cancer.

screenname....s/n

Hey how did you coem up wiht your screen name?? I am just wondering...mine is... halfpintrocker... Halfpint...cause I am short... and...Rocker... juts cause I like rock music and shyt... it used to be a nickname that my ex gave me... so yes....now what does your mean??

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
After reading the posts on this site....I thought I could best "serve" as The Voice of Reason.

Plus, I thought it sounded cool...

TheLampIncident said:
Well, if you want a story, back when I used to use it on AIM, my first day with it, one of my friends said I IMed him the same day he and his brother broke a lamp in their house. Freaky.

Freaky

My screen name came from the band "Children of Bodom". I call myself the "Child of Bodom" after the band, who actually got their name from a mass murder in Finland. Before then it was Sinergy. Anyways, back on subject, I love the name Children of Bodom, but i wanted to be the slightest bit creative. Shows how creative I am. My screen name to me is awesome. I just love the band, and want to be just like them, course thats me, Mr. Goth boy who wants to be just like a death metal band who worships satan, but hey, thats just what im into. Got a problem with that? TOUGH! Back off and get a life