WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe How I would hoax a UFO video (or how I now believe a lot of them are done).

53V3N

The slow blade penetrates the shield.
Premium
I'm not saying all UFO footage is staged, or is staged with RC units. I'm not saying "aliens" don't exist. All I'm saying is, with a little bit of experience in the RC world (specifically with quads) I can see where some UFO vids could have been easily staged with RC units and light accessories.

I happened across a video earlier today (I'll get to that in a minute) and it made me think about some UFO videos I had seen where lights in the sky changed direction drastically and in such a way that seemed inconceivable based on what we're used to when it comes to mechanized flight.

I was looking for a UFO video that demonstrates those drastic changes in position and clicked on the first search result. This video doesn't show the changes in position I'm referring to but it made me think that a lot of these vids are done with RC units.

I'm a novice RC Quad "pilot" and even I know that vid could have easily been shot with 3 DJI Phantoms (or something comparable). Most Quads come with a light attachment, for crying out loud, to make hoaxing easy: http://www.amazon.com/eFuture-Phantom-Quadcopter-eFutures-Keyring/dp/B00FPIUZDO/. I reference the DJI because a friend purchased one after I got my little toy quad. But I'm a better pilot than he is so I get to fly his a lot.

But yeah, the video I saw earlier that made me think it would be perfect for a UFO hoax:

Imagine a light on that thing out in a dark field. Then shoot it handheld and at an angle that puts it "above" a treeline or something. BOOM! Instant UFO vid.

That's how I would do it.

edit: And, like me, if you're wondering HTF!? a RC helicopter can maneuver like that, check out this basic tutorial (with stick movement):

Dark Fader

[]D [] []V[] []D
I like it.
We used to make hot air balloons with candles, straws and trash bags.
They accounted for a lot of UFO sightings around here in the 90's.

It's not so hard to fool the general public with a little imagination.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
UFO and Aliens/extraterrestrials and not synonymous with each other.

UFO only means that it is unidentified.

...much like your sexual preference.

I'd also like to note that at least 95%, or more, of UFOs are of earthly origin and man-made. All this UFO business parallels your being outsmarted by a Cro-Magnon. Easy-peasy. Pfft! It's all "Big-Dummy" bullshit, yo!

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Great question, my good sir.
Apparently, 95% of sightings should be referred to as IFO's (identified), while the remaining squader of the bunch shall be coined as true UFO's.

And what are they before being classed as an MMTO?

ryunp

Keyboard Jockey
Premium
It's rather silly to watch that UFO flying around with their commentary. RC heli/quad fits these flight patterns perfectly. Also laughable is the cars going by and fitting the same light signature perfectly, doubt it's from another planet (in case of 'alien' claims). These UFO's are definitely some sort of quad/heli.

I mean really, you can stick lights on anything...

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Group think is put into action as the masses are mesmerised by that which they cannot understand. Just like a newborn and some shiny car keys just out of reach. Completely amazed with no earthly idea to what he/she is looking at.

...with that profound assumption... It must be a fucking alien!!!

Puff, puff, pass, mother fucker.

Fear is THE mother fucker. It keeps one tossing darts into the unknown for answers. Fear is also the catalyst to conflict.

The Powers that be, depend on this for their survival. Think! Think, think, think... Then you can make an ass of yourselves.

FYI: The RC Chopper video was/is awesome!

• 1LOL
Reactions: Victoria Lara

Dark Fader

[]D [] []V[] []D
Honestly.
Especially after watching NOVA the other night (how all great stories start), Hubbel has discovered Trillions of planets, just inside our universe ... those of which that are similar to Earth, in the 1,000's. Not to say microbes couldn't evolve under harsher circumstances, but the odds of alien life out there are so great.

Who, in our myopic world, are we to say aliens driving UFO's like family wagons around is so far off from reality? Especially when our own limited reality is based on physics and knowledge from this planet?

And what are they before being classed as an MMTO?
I don't know, i forgot that part of the demonstration in flight school, or wherever you learn about identifying unidentified foreign objects.

beta MMTO?
MMTO.v.02.456?

Last edited:

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Honestly.
Especially after watching NOVA the other night (how all great stories start), Hubbel has discovered Trillions of planets, just inside our universe ... those of which that are similar to Earth, in the 1,000's. Not to say microbes couldn't evolve under harsher circumstances, but the odds of alien life out there are so great.

Who, in our myopic world, are we to say aliens driving UFO's like family wagons around is so far off from reality? Especially when our own limited reality is based on physics and knowledge from this planet?

I don't know, i forgot that part of the demonstration in flight school, or wherever you learn about identifying unidentified foreign objects.

beta MMTO?
MMTO.v.02.456?
I agree with you for the most part. Carbon is one of the most abundant elements in our known Universe. You'd have to be a space chimp on crack to think for a single minute that we are alone. By what measurement do we find these so-called facts? Our own. With that we add confusion. We can only know what we've been taught by other humans. We all know that not all humans are very forthcoming where things that instill fear in the ignorant. We also need to take into account that not only some, but all humans are in fact fallible. We also need to remember that in all the vastness of just our own galaxy, the number of similar planets that could potentially harbor life is staggering if not unimaginable.

We also need to remember two other points as well: 1) We don't know shit about the rock we live on, let alone one far, far, away. Go outside and grab a handful of dirt. In that dirt you will find potentially thousands of unseen, possibly unknown life forms that have no idea that you are even looking at them. Our galaxy is that handful of dirt, and you are in it. 2) What makes you think, other than the obvious abundance, what really makes you think that an alien life form has to be carbon based? Science says so, but science can and will be wrong on occasion. The tonnage of gold and diamond on this planet does not suggest my chemical make-up. There is in fact a whole world of life-forms right here in front of us that we just cannot see or detect. Where the knowledge of life in space is concerned, we are still in the Flintstone's stage. Should we ever bump into an actual extraterrestrial... Prepare for a world of change. Or perhaps one of the dumbest life-forms in the paralleled / known universe took a wrong turn somewhere near The Milky Way looking for a Starbucks.

:shrugs:

WTF do I know?

I'M IN YER BUTT!!!

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

I once ate broccoli
Will two different fishes in the vastity of the oceans have the chance to meet? Sure. Is that chance high? Nope.
It's the same for us and hypothetical extraterrestrial life forms.
Substantially... who the fuck cares.

• 1LOL
Reactions: Dark Fader