WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

How long do you put up with being ignored before saying "Fuck the whole thing"?

A simple question. A girl I have been having regular conversation with for some time hasn't said a word to me since...hm, I'd say the beginning of the week. Monday maybe. I'm suspecting she's ignoring me and I'm going to give her until the end of the weekend before calling it quits. So I just want some input. Am I jumping the gun? Waiting too long? Or is this good timing? I'm inexperienced with relationships, so I'm not sure what to think right now. Any advice is welcome.

Here's an idea: Call her. If you can't call her, approach her. Ask her wtf is up.

Why are you waiting around for her? Sometimes you gotta take matters into your own hands, you know.

Here's how the calls have gone:

Wednesday she tells me she's sick. Understandable I guess.
Thursday I get the answering machine.
Friday she tells me right away she can't talk and sounds clearly unsick.

I suspect something fishy.

Hmmm....maybe you should just approach her. Find out once and for all wtf is going on. If she still won't talk to ya, then I'd say it's quittin time.

But that's me. I dunno. :happysad:

gummi_

Tenderony
Maybe she just doesn't like you anymore... maybe there really is stuff going that she needs to take care of right at that moment.

My gf has the uncanny ability of calling me whenever i workout, for example.

You can't really know for sure whether or not she is simply fobbing you off or has legitimate reasons, because you are not her. Wait until you get a chance to ask or things improve, would be my advice. Don't simply think she's a bitch because she was busy for a week.

Well, I just got fed up and called again and she is still sort of sick and she was in a bad mood and needed to get some sleep.

I have a very bad tendency to jump to conclusions in my head, so I can't even tell what the hell is going on. I'll try again tomorrow. Not during the day. At night, I guess.

Stuff like this pisses me off so for many reasons I could waste hours explaining it.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Medication is probably in order.

If you're only having "conversations" with someone, then that's all it is. If you want something more than that, then it's up to you to make a move on it. "Good things come to those who wait. Better things come to those who refuse to." At the same time, don't seem too desperate for her attention. Make your intentions known, but also give here some breathing room.

With some patience and tenacity, it'll come to you in time.
Until then, crank one off in the bathroom to relieve that nasty tension of yours. :D
Simmer down for shit sakes. You've got the rest of your life to drive the woman of your dreams insane.

These guys are right, you shouldn't get so worried about stuff so quickly, I mean if she's ill of course she's going to be ratty, when I'm ill I can't stand people bothering me, not even my boyfriend so maybe you should wait a bit till you think she's better and call her then, I'm sure she'll be much happier to speak to you :D
Mel x

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
TheLampIncident said:
A simple question. A girl I have been having regular conversation with for some time hasn't said a word to me since...hm, I'd say the beginning of the week. Monday maybe. I'm suspecting she's ignoring me and I'm going to give her until the end of the weekend before calling it quits. So I just want some input. Am I jumping the gun? Waiting too long? Or is this good timing? I'm inexperienced with relationships, so I'm not sure what to think right now. Any advice is welcome.
Someone probably said something rumorous to her and she is trying to work it out. Which of her friends did you fuck/date/cheat on/dump???

Here is a good idea, if you really like talking to her. she might be too emberassed, scared, or nervous at a face to face convo, so email her or writer her a note. Friendly and polite but not too friendly or polite. That way, you are not being confrontational or hitting on her.