WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

How Many

Which category do you fall into?

• Married

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Engaged

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Single

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Divorced

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Taken

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
How many of you are engaged, married etc?

I'm engaged and we are aiming for august of next year to give us planety of time to get everything set up. Thing is Im about to start planning my wedding and I honestly have no clue what to do. So I was wondering those of you who are married or allready planning a wedding what are some ideas on getting it done places to have it etc. I'm looking to have a not huge but not small wedding. I just want close family there not ones I haven't seen in umpteen years or never met. any ideas are appreciated.

CatchTheWind

Hopefully not an idiot
I'm technically single, but I'm in a complicated situation with a boy that makes it so I'm not going to be dating anyone else. Wheee.

dzaykim

Toss my salad
Then start a "HELP ME WITH MY MARRIAGE PLANNING" thread.
Where's that happy [ ] I don't fucking care option?

You seek marriage planning help from a forum called wtf.com!?

WTF?!

*Stop being a dick. Save that shit for B&T. Thank ewe.*
~Sir Geht.

switch_scribe

dolor ex fides
I'm currently single, but I was engaged once, so I'll offer up the advice I learned in the stages of planning the wedding that didn't happen.

Single most important thing to remember. Say it to yourself whenever something goes wrong. "It's the marriage that's important; not the wedding."

Next, figure out exactly how much money you want to spend on this. Then realize how much money you can actually afford to spend.

Cutting corners on things and doing them yourself or with friends doesn't mean they'll look bad or anything. It will be better because it's personalized. Do you have a friend or relative in the clergy (or justice of the peace, whatever)? Bingo, cheap ceremony. Do you know someone with a gorgeous house or backyard? Get them drunk and make them agree to hosting the ceremony, or the reception.

There are so many sites on the internet with great advice on every wedding subject ever. Just google whatever issue comes up.

Or, if you happen to be loaded, hire a wedding planner to stress the details for you.

If all else fails, grab your parents and best friend and elope.

bnccoder

Postaholic
Engaged, we havn't set a date yet. I've got to go spend about an hour alone with her dad who doesn't know yet and more of the day with her family. If I'm still alive after that, I'm still engaged.

bnccoder said:
Engaged, we havn't set a date yet. I've got to go spend about an hour alone with her dad who doesn't know yet and more of the day with her family. If I'm still alive after that, I'm still engaged.

LOL it took me about a month before I told my mom, even at that I never told anyone else in my fam. My lil bro let it slip to my dad and thats when all hell broke loose. But eventually it spread around my fam and now everyones cool with it and pushing for the date and the planning of it. Just beware daddies love their little girls.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Ok, I've planned a wedding, and was the maid of honor, and did most of the stuff (cos the bride didn't know where to start).

Budget ; As switch said, you need to figure out what money you want to spend, when you do that, you equal it up into stages of:

Places . To find a place you need to look where you want it, same town as your in? If so, find your local halls, etc. Ring them up and ask to see the place, and then ask prices.

People Who you want to have as your maid of honor, braidmaid, and for the man's side, the groomans, and best man. etc. Remember, pick some you think is best and is reliable, maid of honor is a tough job just like the bride's. You need to ask in advice, so call them up and see when you pick a date if they are not busy etc.

Dress You might need to go to bridal stores and look through A LOT. Remember, prices. You may need a whole day for this.

Accesories The rest is accesories, Cake, go to a cake store (free cake to try =)) Colours, of your dress, and braidmaid dresses. Invites, Gift section And other stuff.
If you need more help, ask away, or PM me.

Remember as switch said, remember to have fun, do not stress out too much and become the bitch from hell, That's what happened to the bride of the last marriage and she delayed the wedding by 3 hours.
So always remember the main thing, yes wedding is a special thing and every little girl dreams of (kind of) but also the rest of your life is more important.
Hope this helps, And
Congrats!

bnccoder

Postaholic
TinkerBell said:
LOL it took me about a month before I told my mom, even at that I never told anyone else in my fam. My lil bro let it slip to my dad and thats when all hell broke loose. But eventually it spread around my fam and now everyones cool with it and pushing for the date and the planning of it. Just beware daddies love their little girls.
He told me that today. Turns out he really seems like he likes me. Her mother still gives us dirty looks when we hold hands though.

Slacker

Postaholic
im single and i love it!but i dont get any action

tkme2thebedroom

standard people-hater
My boyfriend and I are seriously dating and have been for about a year and a half now. Time sure flies, it hasn't been long at all. Hmm...I think I'll go and propose to him now. This has got me in a good mood. ^_^

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Married with Children

It's not quite as bad as the show most times. :p

Jung

???
Premium
I'm not formally engaged, but I've been with my significant other for almost five years. I'm a bit reluctant to get married though, and she doesn't seem to mind. It's probably inevitable though...

WaFfLeS

Banned - What an Asshat!
Soon to be taken, or shpuld I say, soon to take. :D

meh_it_all said:
Ok, I've planned a wedding, and was the maid of honor, and did most of the stuff (cos the bride didn't know where to start).

Budget ; As switch said, you need to figure out what money you want to spend, when you do that, you equal it up into stages of:

Places . To find a place you need to look where you want it, same town as your in? If so, find your local halls, etc. Ring them up and ask to see the place, and then ask prices.

People Who you want to have as your maid of honor, braidmaid, and for the man's side, the groomans, and best man. etc. Remember, pick some you think is best and is reliable, maid of honor is a tough job just like the bride's. You need to ask in advice, so call them up and see when you pick a date if they are not busy etc.

Dress You might need to go to bridal stores and look through A LOT. Remember, prices. You may need a whole day for this.

Accesories The rest is accesories, Cake, go to a cake store (free cake to try =)) Colours, of your dress, and braidmaid dresses. Invites, Gift section And other stuff.
If you need more help, ask away, or PM me.

Remember as switch said, remember to have fun, do not stress out too much and become the bitch from hell, That's what happened to the bride of the last marriage and she delayed the wedding by 3 hours.
So always remember the main thing, yes wedding is a special thing and every little girl dreams of (kind of) but also the rest of your life is more important.
Hope this helps, And
Congrats!

Thanks for the info! And I'll try to keep from being a bitch, my best friend allready told me she was gonna keep me in check. lol

bnccoder said:
He told me that today. Turns out he really seems like he likes me. Her mother still gives us dirty looks when we hold hands though.
My mom was OK with it, shes just not too happy on my age (20) even though thats when she got married. Guess shell always fear whatll happen to me who knows. But now his parents I cant get enough of. They are super nice to me and allready call me their daughter. or atleast his mom and step dad do. his dad and step mom dont have much to do with him or me ( but i dont care bout them!). So its really great! But also try and have get togethers of your family and hers so they get to know each other. its done wonders with our parents. Theyve become great friends etc. Makes things alot easier.

esxho

Dude, wot does mine say!?
Was dumped rather harshly last week, see big(blonde) burd for details.

was married, not anymore, my only advice if get married in mexico! but if your determined on a traditional wedding, then remind yourself that its YOUR wedding! not everyone elses. i didn't get a say in my plans, so be tough, or just got to mexico, get hitched there. wedding honeymoon done! then go home for a reception!

Nymphchick said:
was married, not anymore, my only advice if get married in mexico! but if your determined on a traditional wedding, then remind yourself that its YOUR wedding! not everyone elses. i didn't get a say in my plans, so be tough, or just got to mexico, get hitched there. wedding honeymoon done! then go home for a reception!
I'm not really getting a say in plans besides the colors, dresses flowers. I was told I could not have my fantasy wedding under a waterfall in hawaii. It HAS to be in a church or my family wont recognize it as a marriage, they beleive in the old timey BS. so So ive given in. And I have to follow their traditions in the ceremony. Kinda sucks but owell as long as it happens I will be happy.