WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

How much do cigarettes cost over there?

dzaykim

Toss my salad
When I lived in Chicago cigarettes were cost five to six bucks a pack.

In Korea a pack of marlboros costs $1.50. WTF, right?

So I'm picking up smoking again. :cool:

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
dzaykim said:
When I lived in Chicago cigarettes were cost five to six bucks a pack.

So I'm picking up smoking again. :cool:
LOL

what you don't know is that the reason they are so cheap over there is because it all the unused and unwanted tobaco in American cigs.

Ever smoked a hoggie cig...

you would understand.

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
Hahaha, greatest reason ever. I was buying Marlboro's for >= $3.00, but I started rolling again, and I just got 1.56 oz. tobbacco + 72 papers for $1.50. \o/

countrygrl

Highly Excitable
I switched from cigarrettes to cheap cigars.

bnccoder

Postaholic
Marlboros are $2.54 including tax at CVS pharmacy. Anywhere else you have to pay around $3.54. Who would have thought that a drug store would be cheeper on cigs.

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
bnccoder said:
Marlboros are $2.54 including tax at CVS pharmacy. Anywhere else you have to pay around $3.54. Who would have thought that a drug store would be cheeper on cigs.
Hmm... I got mine at Wal-Mart for 2.72 before tax, I think... but I used to go to the cig outlet to check for 2-for-1's and such all the time. :thumbsup:

Jung

???
Premium
Last place I lived before here was upstate NY; cigarettes were $5 a pack and ~$50 a carton there. I think I pay $35 a carton here, and maybe $3.75 a pack. (not sure on the pack though, I hardly ever buy anything but cartons.)
dzaykim said:
Yeah but Budweiser is expensive as fuck and still tastes like shit. :p

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
_Kitana_ said:
LOL

what you don't know is that the reason they are so cheap over there is because it all the unused and unwanted tobaco in American cigs.

Ever smoked a hoggie cig...

you would understand.
This is true!!! When I lived in San Diego the homies and I would go to Tijuana for questionable fun and I always noticed the smokes were more than half off! Because they were shit! extremely low grads tobbacco, and somethin bout causin cancer!

dzaykim

Toss my salad
TwisT said:
This is true!!! When I lived in San Diego the homies and I would go to Tijuana for questionable fun and I always noticed the smokes were more than half off! Because they were shit! extremely low grads tobbacco, and somethin bout causin cancer!
Yeah definately.
You have to try the cheaper Korean $1 shit sticks..
2nd tier Korean marlboros > Korean cigarettes...

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
4.75 for a pack of marbs
Ghey.

I've been smoke-free for over a year now, bitches! :thumbsup:

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
dont know the cost of marbs? they're all around the same though. here they wre like 5.50 a year ago, i havent looked recently though. in NJ that is

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
a pack of ciggies will cost you at the very least about $9 in australia

i fucking hate cigarettes, i'd prefer to get stoned

Dave666

Pot-Head
A pack of Marlbros are $5 a pack, got to love that dumbass kerry, but I get my stuf(cigars, papers, and blunt wraps) in New Hampshire where everything is $2 less. Weed is a lot better though. Weed pwns

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
You should just stop smoking and save for a car or something. :thumbsup:

marbs are about 3.50-4.00 at most gas stations and convenience stores around town here in SA, Texas.

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
Here in BC, they're about 8-9 bucks a pack... but I don't smoke so I don't care! I'm glad the government is taxing the fuck out of them since smokers are such a burden on the public health care system. Fucking retards, give yourself cancer and then blame the government for not taking good enough care of you?! I don't think so. Plus, if it helps keep cigs out of the mouths/lungs of kids then that's great.

When I worked on ships, you could buy a carton of Marlboros from the quartermaster for $10. Suffice to say, anyone who'd quit smoking before they went to work on a cruise ship started again.

Smoking sucks. It will kill you. Please stop.