WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

How much is too much?

ericman123

CEO of the internet
When does drinking too much officially become a problem? I live in North Dakota so the answer here might be a little bit more extreme than elsewhere.

Drinking officiall becomes a problem when you start pissing yourself more than once a year while drunk/passed out. Drinking has also become a problem when you have drank so much you can no longer hold your drink.

diamond

The nice guy
Alcohol is a problem when you need it. Technically you could be an alcoholic on two pints a day or even less if you need to have that drink.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
ericman123 said:
When does drinking too much officially become a problem? I live in North Dakota so the answer here might be a little bit more extreme than elsewhere.
HOLY SHIT! You from North Dakota. I live in South Dakota. Damn this is become over populated with midwesterners.

Anyways It becomes a problem when you run out of jack

It becomes a serious problem when the base stops selling at 7, the beer vending machines all over the city shut off at midnight, the clubs close at 2, and the 7-11's stop selling at 3 and it is 315 and you just ran out of beer or sake or whatever it was that you were drinking.... It is also a problem when you have drank so much you cant get it up....

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
cryptrocket said:
It becomes a serious problem when the base stops selling at 7, the beer vending machines all over the city shut off at midnight, the clubs close at 2, and the 7-11's stop selling at 3 and it is 315 and you just ran out of beer or sake or whatever it was that you were drinking.... It is also a problem when you have drank so much you cant get it up....
Hehe when my husband was in fort carson awaiting to come home. I get this call...

Honey, im coming home to yoooo.... cause im drunk.

Than it was brb

waited on the phone for 45 minutes a buddy comes back and was like "hello", i go "hey..." he like "who is this?" "jesse wife". he like "give me a second," i was like "alright...."

jesse comes back and he like "i forgot i called ya, i think i can get up the stairs..."

Few minutes later his buddy picks up and he like "umm ur husband just passed out. So can I talk to you for awhile, cause i aint going to make it up." Than you hear some fighting over the phone I think i talked to the whole damn unit.
To this day I don't know what happen when they hung up me no one will tell me.

Drunken phone calls.... got to love those (both calling and being called). Yes it is a problem when you call your wife and you are so drunk the whole unit (in my case it would be a ship) talks to her and all you manage in incoherant babble.

You may also want to consider seeking help when you start performing stupid human tricks every time you drink.

ThomConspicuous

Inconspicuously Informal
When you finish your last beer at 4am and at 6:30am you are beating on your rommate's door demanding they go buy more beer for you before they go to work.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
well, I used to drink every single day... enough to get pretty buzzy each night... im trying to swear it off for a while.. mostly because of a total lack of cash... bills come first. When I did have money I would often think of should I or shouldnt I have a drink which would ultimately lead me to drink. That decision was usually made by 3 or 4pm...

Side effects... Of course the biological. I would be all dehydrated in the morning with a mad case of the liquor shits, and sometimes hung over. Also as soon as the buzz startred I didn't want to really do anything except sit in front of the computer and play video games, or yap here.. Also gained a hell of alot of weight. I like to cook and bake goodies but while drinking I didn't wanna do that.

Now I've been without for about a week.. I can still feel the urge to want to drink. that whole "One night wont hurt." bit.. But I have also noticed that im started to return to my old self.. Cooking and baking more, actually doing other things then just sitting here and getting loaded...

If I can break myself of it enough to only drink on the weekends I'll be happy...

ericman123

CEO of the internet
I hear you all and totally understand. For me, being in North Dakota involves drinking heavily every other night with friends from work accompanied with the occasional blackout and the rare morning shakes.
It's sad that a lot of people around here drink 'cause there's nothing else to do other than get high and screw. Its probably just a from the lack of people and development in this area seeing as agriculture is really all that goes on around here.

there is nothing wrong with getting drunk and screwing. It seems to be a common thing in rural areas. Hell even after moving to larger and larger cities it is still a popular activity... the only difference i can see is the prices go up in the large of a city you are in.

Slacker

Postaholic
Drinking becomes a problem when you realize you have 5 kids and no mom. On a more serious note, it becomes a problem when you care about beer more than you do your family.

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
if you drink more beer to get rid of a hangover, then you've got a problem.

what if you just never stop drinking to allow yourself a hangover? I did that for 2 months. Go to sleep with a beer on my bed side table so I had a beer when I woke up....take my beer to the shower with me....It was never ending....

ericman123

CEO of the internet
cryptrocket said:
what if you just never stop drinking to allow yourself a hangover? I did that for 2 months. Go to sleep with a beer on my bed side table so I had a beer when I woke up....take my beer to the shower with me....It was never ending....
That's like....my first two years of college.

polaris_nine

Banned - What an Asshat!
My uncle is a great example of bad drunk. While we were staying at my g-ma's place in Austin (by the way, uncle lives there, with her, unemployed, 47 yrs, old) we were still sleeping and my sister said she heard him get up and fix himself a drink in the kitchen. 6:45 in the morning!

If he's not drinking, he's constantly vomiting. We've tried to get him to go to rehab, but he heard about the intervention before it accually happened, and he basically told everyone to shove it. He's slowly killing himself, and he's blatantly admitted at times that he doesn't care. He'd accually like to go. He can't really talk about anything but the past, and constantly retells the same stories over and over again, becuase thats all he knows.

Its pretty bad when it gets like this. My grandma has cancer, and hes so sure that when she dies, he'll uphold the house, and live there on his own while someone else pays the bills. Everyone knows that its not happening, and as soon as she does die, that house will be a battleground. We just can't wait.

Drunk like this is bad.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
ericman123 said:
1. If you wake up next to someone you dont know, who may or may not be the bearded lady, lay off the sauce.
2. If you wake up to eat pizza, and realize it is covered in vomit, lay off the sauce.
3. If you wonder where all your cash went, lay off the sauce.
4. If you find yourself driving down a dark highway from the back seat and wondering where the driver is, lay off the sauce.
5. If you find yourself sleeping naked on your porch, tree, car, or anywhere besides inside your house, lay off the sauce.

ThomConspicuous

Inconspicuously Informal
More Beer = Smart thinking

Piro said:
if you drink more beer to get rid of a hangover, then you've got a problem.
If you have more beer in the morning to get rid of a hangover you planned ahead...besides hair of the dog is always smart if the alternative is agony.

Well it would have kept going but then i got this job i couldn't refuse.... one of the major drawbacks was I had to clean up and be respectable part of the time.... so I guess work becomes a problem when it interfears with your drinking.

ericman123

CEO of the internet
cryptrocket said:
Well it would have kept going but then i got this job i couldn't refuse.... one of the major drawbacks was I had to clean up and be respectable part of the time.... so I guess work becomes a problem when it interfears with your drinking.
Me too.....a job after school plus grad school have really cleaned up my act from what it used to be. That and a scare when someone I met at a frat party told me I was the father of her daughter 14 months down the line have set me on the not so crooked path to say the most (she was dead wrong I didn't even have sex with her, but in her crazy mind I did I guess.) At any rate, I only drink with those I know now. Unfortunately it's still too often (4 days a week).