• NEW! Now with more COVFEFE!

WTF ... IS WTF ALL ABOUT!?

You have reached the end of the internet! We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Greetings! Why not register your FREE account, it only takes 30 seconds to gain access to posting and many other hidden features available. Have fun!

How to Become rich and famous on WTF?!

Discussion in 'Guides & How-Tos' started by HoneyImHome, Feb 3, 2007.

Tags:
  1. HoneyImHome

HoneyImHome sugar-coated cynicism

Hey, I just shared this as a pm with a noob here and thought I should share it with others. Since people are ready to pounce on this site, especially at "noobs" let me share some tips or suggestions rather.

1. Most here are atheists, and deem themselves "intellectuals" because of it. They don't mind reading about your ideas on religion as long as you don't try to keep pushing people to change their views. There are some who will argue you until you're blue in the face so just try to ignore them if you are bothered by them.
    2. IGNORE 90% of what's said here. Most of the people here don't act like this in RL (real life) and just humor themselves by posting here. If it bothers you too much, make a Taters and Haters thread and flame them there for it. If you venture into Taters and Haters, put on your wading boots and your thick skin otherwise stay out of it. There are members here who will not be nice.
    3. Don't make a big deal about likes and trophies. They means nothing and if you are a funny poster your counts will go up regardless.
    4. We have grammar/spelling Nazis here. Use a spell checker. Firefox browser has a built-in spell check. I always preview my posts first and run a spell check. Occasional mess ups are perfectly fine.
    5. Don't kiss mods asses. Although I'm sure they like the power trip, it's pretty annoying to the rest of the forums. Being a grammar Nazi is one thing but if you run around screaming about how someone is breaking a rule constantly you will be viewed as an ass-kisser. There are plenty of mods here and they know how to do their jobs without being reminded. If you think perhaps a mod hasn't noticed something yet that shouldn't be allowed, use the "Report" icon at the bottom of the offending post.
    6. Read the "sticky"/pinned rules of each forum, so you won't get verbally raped when you break them by mods and/or mod wannabes (we have a few of those) here.
    7. Don't use leet speak. An occasional omg or rofl is fine, but too many others will find you a nice stay in the cock farm.
    8. You have the right to your opinion as much as anyone else. Say what you would if you didn't have to worry about being correct, so long as you're not being a bigoted/sexist jerk, people will love you for that. Again, this site is a ranting site and many use it for that. Most intelligent members here respect others' rights to their opinions even if they disagree.
    9. Don't censor your posts. The point of this forum is to not hold back so censored words tend to p*** everyone the f*** off! (censoring the word fuck is considerably irritating and isn't tolerated well here).
    10. If you do slip up and break a rule and get a verbal smackdown or a day in "The Ranch", learn from it and don't repeat it and you will be fine.
    11. The most important thing to remember is that this is the internet and it really doesn't matter what people here think about you. If you find your stay here isn't pleasant it means one of two things: a) You need to get a backbone and repeat this, "It's an internet forum" "It's an internet forum" until that makes sense. b) You probably actually are a racist/bigoted/sexist/asshole or all of the above and the truth just stings.
    12. Ignore everything in the Welcome Wagon threads, except the constant reminders to read the rules.

Enjoy your stay.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Lioness

Lioness Banned - What an Asshat!

Breaking the rules
    ---------------------------

The most common rule broken is the "dual account" rule. I suggest if you haven't read the rules or if you are new here, get acquainted with the policies and procedures of this site, ASAP! It is your responsibility to know about the places your visit.

The Rules and Guidelines is located in the navigation menu by hovering over "Help", or under "NEW TO WTF?" at the bottom of this page. You will also want to read over the Literacy Clause (also listed under "NEW TO WTF?" at the bottom of the page). There are sections of the forum that have independent rules for them, as well in threads that are stickied/pinned at the top of the section. Again, it is your responsibility to know about the place you shit in.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1