WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines How YOUR tax dollars bring teens closer to Jesus and Anal Sex

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
i could understand their message, and condoms aren't 100%, but when that guy said that he told his daughter not to use a condom, i just thought BS. you're an idiot.

from there it just got worse and worse as i watched.

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
Here's what I got out of the video in a 22 second sound clip, for those uninterested in watching the whole segment. :thumbsup:

kthxdead.com/media/Cult02.MP3

edit: Those who've watched it might find it amusing as well.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
What a bunch of Assholes! Leading the way in telling the youth as many lies as possible so they can act all high and mighty when their kids fuck up. Sex is Normal. Sex is something that happens in your teens. Sex is something to talk about with the kids and get them prepared for the reality of it, not the mystical mumbo jumbo practiced for centuries. Shows how much we still have to go before the common person has a quarter of a brain. Make that a fifth.

I can't believe my taxes go to shit like that. If I actually had a voice in this country I'd use it!

The government is acting like a fucking cult. I can't beleive they make a concious effort to tell this shit to people.

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
JLXC said:
Sex is Normal.
I like how they say the body was designed to be with one person, to whom you are married. Because we all know that the ancient robitc gods created the concept of marriage, long before they were ready to create the first human being...

Descent

Hella Constipated
Word. Men are programemd to fuck, fuck fuck, women are programmed to love, love, love. Their babies that is.

Marriage sucks.

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
Premium
I hate this bullshit. I've been to one of those abstence shows. It was manadtory at school. It had such a christian view, my friend, wasile (islamic) had to leave when they started to hand out "jesus abstains" bracelets. I did not hear one thing about condoms, altough there was a trojan ad thingy on the door when we left. I later found out a kid put it there. I wish I kould know who he was, so I could shake hands with such a great man.

I also hate how they bash the condom. You know what the best way to keep from getting STD's? USE A FUCKING CONDOM! Abstence, as this video and this article(pdf) proves, only helps the adolesents get them because they don't know how a condom works.

I think we should teach BOTH protection and abstience. We CANNOT keep 100% of kids from sex, and the government should know that.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
marriage sucks? blah blah blah... What is wrong with encouraging people to wait to they are married. i mean I don't believe a 13-15 year old kid is mature enough to have sex.

I however don't believe this is the way to get the message across.

Look at me, my parents hardly ever went to church. I lived with my boyfriend and I only slept with him after i was married.

Jung

???
Premium
_Kitana_ said:
marriage sucks? blah blah blah... What is wrong with encouraging people to wait to they are married.
Because outside of religion and tax breaks, marriage has no real meaning. Marriage isn't required for two people to have consensual sex, and having premarital sex, in itself, isn't harmful. Someone's religious beliefs/duties/whatever don't make a valid reason to preach an ignorant and flawed message. Teaching abstinence is just fine, but don't be ignorant of other proven methods, and don't use it as a lure for your religion.

bnccoder

Postaholic
Whatever happened to seperation of church and state?

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:
Because outside of religion and tax breaks, marriage has no real meaning. Marriage isn't required for two people to have consensual sex, and having premarital sex, in itself, isn't harmful. Someone's religious beliefs/duties/whatever don't make a valid reason to preach an ignorant and flawed message. Teaching abstinence is just fine, but don't be ignorant of other proven methods, and don't use it as a lure for your religion.

Marriage is a much stronger comment than someone who just lives together. Honestly, you are given that person your love and pledging to them in front of your friends that you will only be with that person. You are taking on that person name or (they are of you).

Marriage is a HUGE STEP. It is imporant to have that structure in ones lives. No it not required but it is diffently not meaningless. I am not saying you can't love someone and not be married to them, it's just the next and final step to take. To promise yourself to that person to the end of time... I don't think you could understand that Jung.

Hince the reason why so many marriages fail, because blah blah.. marriage is just a relgious idea binding me and forcing me to be christain.

Lets not get into the legal law stuff as well. Like could your life long parnter of 26 years speak for you if you were unable to and carry out your wishes if an emergency happened and there was no other record. NO. But your wife could

Sex is as imporant as Marriage. I think if more people waited until than, wouldn't the spread of aids and other things decline. Wouldn't teen pregancey be a thing of the past or rarely ever happen.

Condoms are great, use them if you must have sex. But to be 100% protected and to have something special on the night of your wedding day wait.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
bnccoder said:
Whatever happened to seperation of church and state?
Bush didn't like that shit, so he got a box of crayons, and scratched them all out. Fuck that shit, he thought.

Jung

???
Premium
_Kitana_ said:
Marriage is a much stronger comment than someone who just lives together. Honestly, you are given that person your love and pledging to them in front of your friends that you will only be with that person. You are taking on that person name or (they are of you).
No, it's not. The commitment is the same either way, it just depends on the people involved and their relationship. Marriage doesn't magically make relationships more meaningful, sorry. We don't live in fairy tale land.

Marriage is a HUGE STEP. It is imporant to have that structure in ones lives.
I'm not debating that it's a "huge step," but it's only important because someone told you it was. Marriage is just a commitment and a sheet of paper, nothing more; there's no "structure" to marriages that normal long-term relationships can't or don't have.
No it not required but it is diffently not meaningless.
Well, quite obviously, it's only meaningful to some people. Then again, those people get divorced all the time, which is also frowned upon by the church. :rolleyes:
I am not saying you can't love someone and not be married to them, it's just the next and final step to take. To promise yourself to that person to the end of time... I don't think you could understand that Jung.
I doubt you can explain why it's the "next step to take" without referencing some kind of religious nonsense.

Also, I don't think you know enough about my life to tell me what I could understand. My relationship is just fine, so is my family, and I don't need marriage to give us "structure." My married friends, and some people I know online, tend to have quite a bit of relationship problems, though.

I'm not saying that marriage is bad, and I'll probably get married in the next few years, but it's definitely not the only right way. I'm just tired of hearing the religious nonsense about having to be married to validate your relationship. Thanks, but I'll do that myself.
Lets not get into the legal law stuff as well. Like could your life long parnter of 26 years speak for you if you were unable to and carry out your wishes if an emergency happened and there was no other record. NO.
Don't you know what a power of attorney is? Or a will?
I think if more people waited until than, wouldn't the spread of aids and other things decline. Wouldn't teen pregancey be a thing of the past or rarely ever happen.
That may very well be, but it'll never happen. There's more good to come from proper sexual education than scare tactics and dreams of a perfect world. The people running this program are being very irresponsible, and it seems they're focusing more on their way being the right and godly way than actually helping.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
actually i don't need religious nonsense to justify getting married and it is defiantly taking a relationship to the next levels. BTW: No relationship is with out it's problems.

Being married is giving that person 50% of everything you owned and worked for, giving them your name, it making them "TRULY" part of your family. Where your mom says, this is my daughter in-law instead of my son's girlfriend.

It is a becoming one. A team, recognized and embraced by thousands. Anyone can be someone's girlfriend. Truly to be honest that takes no skill but asking and being asked to be their wife or husband... is truly something indescribable.

True not all marriage work but that has to do with a lot of factors. How America views weddings and marriages now a days. Maybe your relationship doesn't need structure but your kids life might...

I just have strong beliefs on what a marriage stands for and none of them deal with anything religious. Matter of fact my wedding is taking place outside, in a garden, by a river...

I don't think you can honestly openly judge my relationship or marriage since you are in fact not married. I have played being single and the girlfriend already to say that being married is wonderful.

power of attorney or a will? Unless your girlfriend carries those papers with her at all time or you have it in written statement somewhere in your procession at the time of the emergency, those don't mean shit. The power will be granted to a living relative with in your blood line, like mom, dad or sister brother....

We agree on something, I don't believe what these people are teaching is correct and I defiantly don’t believe it is the right way. I do believe that people should take greater and better steps to teach their children that having sex, before married or before you are more mature is extremely risky, emotionally and health wise.

Think if you explained to a teenager, talking 10-16, told them that they are more than likely going to date multiple guys or gals. That a year is not that long in the aspect of 50 years. My mom taught me that sex was defiantly beautiful. She also told me that it can be ugly, that some guys only look for the quick pleasure of this girl and that girl. That I only get to be young and innocent once in my life and just giving it to anyone takes away how special it is. She also told me that as long as I can look and the mirror and not be ashamed afterwards than I know I have made the right choice. Well when I had sex for the first time after I got done and the next morning hit.. I looked and the mirror and I wasn’t ashamed.

I think that’s how sex should be taught. I also wasn't stupid when it came to birth control, knowing how to put a condom on, the importance of using a condom. I educated myself so I could make smarter choices. So when the first time came around and I was married, I was able to affectively use a condom.

Let me tell you something I never ever heard a married person who waited until they were married and with the right person that “Gezz I wish I never would of waited” However Jung I doubt you would understand that as well…

Here is the problem: Kitana is a woman. Jung is a man. $5 says that her man doesn't take marriage half as seriously as she does. We all know women dream of the day they get married, and the beautiful dress they'll wear, all the way from when they're teenagers. Men, dream of fucking when they're teenagers. That's the whole thing right there.

Janglenut

Particinator
I'm a teenager, a male, and I don't like Kitana much due to old problems, but she has this topic right on the button. She is right, looking at it from a religious spectrum or not.

Janglenut said:
I'm a teenager and a male and all kidding aside I agree with Kitana.
Do you take it as seriously as Kit? I mean, I agree too. Marriage is different from a pre-marital relationship. That doesn't mean her man takes it as seriously as her. If the man cared more about the marriage, either the woman was a bitch, or the guy was raised strictly. Either way, teenage males like the thought of fucking.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Magic Hobo said:
Here is the problem: Kitana is a woman. Jung is a man. $5 says that her man doesn't take marriage half as seriously as she does. We all know women dream of the day they get married, and the beautiful dress they'll wear, all the way from when they're teenagers. Men, dream of fucking when they're teenagers. That's the whole thing right there.
:rofl::lol::rofl:
....:lol:

That's funny shit, because it's true. Repped.