WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Comments HTTPS Image Linking

ib4

Error
Staff
Ever since Google added ranking boosts to websites with HTTPS and it be suggested that all websites move to that protocol, many sites have made the switch. I have on two of mine! But it comes with some compatibility issues here and there.

One I'm noticing with XenForo is an obvious one, but and annoying one, is image embedding. When an image contains HTTPS in the link it will not embed...for obvious reasons. Just wanted to point that out for people who aren't net savvy...so you can check your links when images aren't working now that HTTPS is becoming more common to websites.

Also just pointing it out to look for that upgrade on the XF if they can ever create one lol...

IN A NUTSHELL FOR THOSE LOST: IF YOUR IMAGES AREN'T WORKING WHEN YOU EMBED THEM, IT IS MOST LIKELY BECAUSE THEY START WITH SECURE HTTPS AND NOT HTTP.

• 1Like
Reactions: Fÿn