WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Human body exposed in new exhibit

morelos

lexicon incognito

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/07/02/body.exhibit.ap/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- A pregnant woman lies on her side with a hand behind her head as if posing for a nude photograph. But her dead body isn't the only thing exposed. Her heart, intestines and 8-month-old fetus are visible as well.

blah blah blah it's a news article and i don't want to poste the whole thing here.

i do find this hilarious, though:

article said:
In Frankfurt, Germany, the Lutheran church said the display was amoral and insulting to the dead. At a London show, one visitor covered the body of the pregnant woman with a blanket because he couldn't stand seeing the fetus.
a discussion of how displaying the innerds of dead bodies is terrible coming from THE SAME TOWN THAT INVENTED THE HOT-DOG.

what the fuck?

~ dan ~

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
morelos said:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/07/02/body.exhibit.ap/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- A pregnant woman lies on her side with a hand behind her head as if posing for a nude photograph. But her dead body isn't the only thing exposed. Her heart, intestines and 8-month-old fetus are visible as well.

blah blah blah it's a news article and i don't want to poste the whole thing here.

i do find this hilarious, though:

a discussion of how displaying the innerds of dead bodies is terrible coming from THE SAME TOWN THAT INVENTED THE HOT-DOG.

what the fuck?

~ dan ~
Shock Art - not so shocking.

There are so many "truly" horrible things happening everyday in the world, you wonder why a display would make anyone blink...

tzedek

Original Member
i think that is sick.

morelos

lexicon incognito
voiceofreason said:
There are so many "truly" horrible things happening everyday in the world, you wonder why a display would make anyone blink...
seriously. go watch a 14yrold kid get shot and bleed to death in the ghetto.

god damn, these people volunteered their bodies to the project, hoping it would turn out to be a noble cause. while the guy has somewhat capitalized on it, i still think it could be viewed objectively as that noble cause.

shock art or not, it offers a tremendous window into the human anatomy for MANY people to see.

but i thought it was REALLY funny that he got bitched at for disrespecting bodies in the town that gave us the hot dog (frankfurter, whatever).. think about how a hot dog is made. what gives a human body more sanctity than a pig or cow body? also, don't all those religions say the soul leaves the body now? so why do we cling to the 4000 B.C. custom of 'sending the body on its way?'

~ dan ~

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
morelos said:
what gives a human body more sanctity than a pig or cow body? also, don't all those religions say the soul leaves the body now? so why do we cling to the 4000 B.C. custom of 'sending the body on its way?'

~ dan ~
Yes, dead s dead, they aren't in there anymore. I don't think we should start pitching our loved ones out on trash day, but the funeral, etc. is always about the living.

morelos

lexicon incognito
voiceofreason said:
Yes, dead s dead, they aren't in there anymore. I don't think we should start pitching our loved ones out on trash day, but the funeral, etc. is always about the living.
exactly. and if you believe the soul departs from the body and travels on to the afterlife, why waste the body by burying it or burning it up?

damn dude, you couldn't eat it because usually meat that dies of natural causes or old age isn't the best meat in the world; but you could PRESERVE IT so others can see how it works.

~ dan ~

BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!@#!@

They can do whatever the hell they want with my body when i die... as long as i can't feel anything, i don't give a fuck

bigdouth

Surprisingly Stupid
It's also kind of funny considering the Germans aren't necessarily known for thier humanitarian skills.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
bigdouth said:
It's also kind of funny considering the Germans aren't necessarily known for thier humanitarian skills.
That's a friggin' understatement...

bigdouth said:
What can I say... at least we're creative about it.