WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe Hurricane Conspiracy

afiq980

Flame Bait
Do you think there are more hurricanes now becoz the planet is spinning to fast?????:D

Pappy

Slayer of All Good
Definatley not....I am a science kinda guy and the earth hasn't made any increase in speed at all.....It's just the climates changing and the warm and cold fronts colliding....

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
I do not have much info on this subject, however for what I have heard, the planet has cycles of hurricanes. The cycles goes for about 30 years without any major hurricanes and 30 with too many to count. I have no proof of this, but I have heard it too often these days.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
there is so many hurricanes because you touch yourself...

CVN70

That's CPT. Forge to you!
Darklight said:
there is so many hurricanes because you touch yourself...

Ummm.. what?

Boycott

Soul Doubt
He said that there is too many hurricanes because you touch yourself at night.

Your theory about the hurricanes makes no sense, because other things would be affected than just hurricanes, such as volcanoes and the tides...

At least it's not the "Russians are controlling the temperature of the gulf and creating hurricanes to pwn the US" theory...

CVN70

Thanks for clearin that up, didn't quite understand.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
The Family Guy quote? Or the fact that there'd be more things wrong than just a bunch of hurricanes if the world was spinning faster?

First off "Because you touch yourself at night" is a quote that almost EVERYONE knows. Since you signed up to WTF.com it was assumed that you know that "Because you touch yourself at night" is a valid answer to almost any question.

If the earth was spinning faster, we'd be noticing a lot more radical changes such as more days per day, and the gravitational pull of the planet would be affected, causing the techtonic plates to shift differently causing earthquakes etc... We'd be noticing a lot more than just hurricanes...

^^ My uneducated guess

CVN70

Excuse me! I was bored waiting and randomly typed in wtf.com. Didn't expect to get a site!

ThomConspicuous

Inconspicuously Informal
Pappy said:
Definatley not....I am a science kinda guy and the earth hasn't made any increase in speed at all.....It's just the climates changing and the warm and cold fronts colliding....
Actually the world is spinning faster, ever so slightly ever since Dec 26, 2004. Tsunami...Indian Ocean.

"The devastating earthquake that struck the Indian Ocean on 26 December was so powerful that it has accelerated the Earth's rotation, geophysicists have declared. They estimate that the shockwave shortened the period of our planet's rotation by some three microseconds."

Link

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Dear heavens, I sincerely hope that noone truly believes that the 'increased' amount/force of hurricanes is due to the 'increase' in the rotational speed of the Earth. And 3 microseconds? How can someone measure something as large as the Earth, down to the precision it takes for 3 microseconds to pass? What deviation does the measurment allow for? Usually + or - so many 'units'. Which in some cases, renders the 'measurments' almost completely useless.

Not to mention that microseconds and centimeters seem to be quite a small portion of hte overall circumfrence of the entire world. Who says that the world is on a completely symettric axis? 2.5 Centimeteres compared to what?

The diameter of the earth is even in question, which would suggest that all measurements based on these measurments would give a different answer, and thus, 53.2 kM of discrepency between 'measurements' of the diameter of the earth.

If the scientists cannot even agree on one measurement, who can say that a measurement that is only 2.5 centimeters from 'normal' is right?

ThomConspicuous

Inconspicuously Informal
Over a ten year period this shift (if calculations are accurate) would equate to just over 5 minutes loss. Given also that there isn't another occurence that causes the Earth to expand somewhere else.
That's the whole theory behind the butterfly effect.

I wouldn't agree with this idea that minor shrink in the Earth's diameter is affecting weather patterns all by itself. It seems logical to think that many things happening all the time cause different weather patterns. I personally think that no one can really pinpoint cyclical patterns that determine things like heavy hurricane activity every 20-25 years based on observations over a meer 100 year period. Hell we're probably just noticing more because we have the technogy to observe more. 50-60 years ago if someone got a heavy rainstorm in KY they just thought it was a heavy rain storm, not that it was related to a hurricane that wiped out some town built below sea level on the edge of the sea.

Let's see there's Global warming (glaciers melted somehow right...hell they even froze at one point), the Moon is moving further away from Earth affecting tides, and ocean waters are losing salinity (Day After Tomorrow foundation) which could cause warm ocean currents to slow and eventually stop possibly sending us into another Ice Age...next week or thousands of years from now.

Ohh yeah, a beaver dam broke and flooded Beaverton. It's either Global Warming or Crab People!

No one knows...science is complete trial and error all the time...and everyone is talking about it. At least it's getting ratings. ;)

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
ThomConspicuous said:
Hell we're probably just noticing more because we have the technogy to observe more. 50-60 years ago if someone got a heavy rainstorm in KY they just thought it was a heavy rain storm, not that it was related to a hurricane that wiped out some town built below sea level on the edge of the sea.
as for this, thats not necessarily true. We've tracked hurricanes back since the turn of the century, and have named them since about 1960 or so. check out:

www.wunderground.com/tropical

its got the complete US history of hurricans since... a long time ago. More than 60 years.

R

RedOctober

CVN70 said:
Thanks for clearin that up, didn't quite understand.
From what neighbourhood do you come?

They should have told you there are so many huricanes because there are too many wankers in the USA? :D

O my God! A navy man that can't understand sophisticated English..

... Touch yourself... (to wank) Bwawaaaaaahaha..

I have to wash my hands... (I wanne pee)

Female personnel:
Where is the powder room? BWAMMMM! :flamed:

Pappy

Slayer of All Good
ThomConspicuous said:
Actually the world is spinning faster, ever so slightly ever since Dec 26, 2004. Tsunami...Indian Ocean.

"The devastating earthquake that struck the Indian Ocean on 26 December was so powerful that it has accelerated the Earth's rotation, geophysicists have declared. They estimate that the shockwave shortened the period of our planet's rotation by some three microseconds."

Link

See's how much I pay attention to the new's....But still I don't think it is enough to cause a bunch more hurricanes...

ThomConspicuous

Inconspicuously Informal
tbsrk said:
as for this, thats not necessarily true. We've tracked hurricanes back since the turn of the century, and have named them since about 1960 or so. check out:

www.wunderground.com/tropical

its got the complete US history of hurricans since... a long time ago. More than 60 years.
I know that is true, but most people back then living in the boonies didn't have much TV and there wasn't a media assault of hurricane coverage to make them freak out and worry about the state of activity in the Gulf or Atlantic. My point wasn't to say scientists didn't have this information, it was that most were more humble back then and just said 'Looks like rain'.

OMG gotta run my forecastfox extension is reporting severe weather alert! ::fpalm::

Last edited by a moderator:
the hurricanes aint happenin cuz u touch ureself at night...its cuz u drive a 4x4..:)

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
Forzaazzuri said:
the hurricanes aint happenin cuz u touch ureself at night...its cuz u drive a 4x4..:)
Actually, it's happening because disgusting taintspawn like you are allowed to live and proliferate.

The rich and intelligent contracept. The ignorant and retarded proliferate. Darwin Surrenders.

R

RedOctober

OmegaZeto said:
Actually, it's happening because disgusting taintspawn like you are allowed to live and proliferate.

The rich and intelligent contracept. The ignorant and retarded proliferate. Darwin Surrenders.
Darwin didn't surrender.

It's a fact that in certain areas some species flourish better if they have no brains anymore.
So its a matter of evolution that intellectuals get extinct if they are no longer needed.

See how many stupid cunts are portrayed on TV as a sex symbol.
It is a giant plan to produce a slave type dummy the ruling class can use as worker/mercenary.
The Third Reich at last!

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
RedOctober said:
Darwin didn't surrender.

It's a fact that in certain areas some species flourish better if they have no brains anymore.
So its a matter of evolution that intellectuals get extinct if they are no longer needed.

See how many stupid cunts are portrayed on TV as a sex symbol.
It is a giant plan to produce a slave type dummy the ruling class can use as worker/mercenary.
The Third Reich at last!
MWUAHAHA!!! THE END IS NEAR! HEED THE WARNING OF THE GOATS!