WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Hurricane Victims (rant)

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Now, I do not want anyone to take this the wrong way. I have helped many hurricane victims re-establish communications with thier work and families by setting them up with new technology for doing so at a discounted price. We have a rule at work that goes by the zip code and by thier previous computer (we gave 20% off new, or sent out refurb to ppl with accidental damage). THis is my problem. I have had many, many people....2 or 3 per day...since the hurricane....who seem to think that Dell should give them a free computer, even if thier previous computer was not a Dell. I do not understand this. I have been yelled at, cursed at, called a bitch and cunt by these people because we will not do that. I do not understand the mentality. If you lose everything, yes, that sucks and that is a hard deal to go through, but why punish someone or a company because they will not replace what you did not have?????

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Omg DG, you do customer service.. I'd kill myself, I did that at Canadian Tire, for probably less than 33% your salary, and got bitched at constantly by stupid fucking customers (mostly old bitches) every god damn day.

On topic, I think they're pretty stupid to not lie about having a dell (unless there's a way you can prove they had a dell?) If they loose everything, how can you prove it?

- I want a free dell
- Did you have one prior to the hurricane?
- nah

Now that's just moronic.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
RageAgainst said:
Omg DG, you do customer service.. I'd kill myself, I did that at Canadian Tire, for probably less than 33% your salary, and got bitched at constantly by stupid fucking customers (mostly old bitches) every god damn day.

On topic, I think they're pretty stupid to not lie about having a dell (unless there's a way you can prove they had a dell?) If they loose everything, how can you prove it?

- I want a free dell
- Did you have one prior to the hurricane?
- nah

Now that's just moronic.
Well, sales actually, and since we have every single computer on file since 19800 something, its not that hard to find. I can look it up with the computer number (inside the OS) or the service tag number (metal tag on side of computer).also by phone number, last name, and zip code.