Headlines hypotheticals...

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
Say, everyone agreed to make one country out of the North American continent.
1. Would you accept it? Why or why not?
2. What are the dis/advantages?
3. What is stopping us from doing so?
4. MOST IMPORTANTLY: DO YOU THINK THIS WILL EVER HAPPEN?

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
of course it will never happen...no other country is as imperialist/power hungry as ours...we would start taking all the power we could, the mexicans and maybe the canadians wouldnt stand for it and war would break out....its human nature to want to draw a line in the sand and say "Mine" we need something to call our own. its gonna take HUNDREDS of years of mental evolution before anything like that is even possible.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
Thanks for replying man. Decent of you!

bigck3000 said:
of course it will never happen...no other country is as imperialist/power hungry as ours...we would start taking all the power we could, the mexicans and maybe the canadians ((LOL)) wouldnt stand for it and war would break out....its human nature to want to draw a line in the sand and say "Mine" we need something to call our own. its gonna take HUNDREDS of years of mental evolution before anything like that is even possible.

Point taken, the chances are slim but possible.

outsideR

Clitpickle
I quess there would be some difficult problems if the countries to merge were for example USA, Canada and Mexico. Would they all be equal, as states? Every nation has their own identity and many people want to stick to that. There would be so little in common with Mexico and Canada, it propably would never work out. Mexico could be interested in merging for economical reasons though, but would they ever adapt the American way of handling issues? Well this is just general quessing since I have never even thought of this issue before.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
Mexico & Canada want no part of our fucking debt. Besides if we absorbed Mexico, who would build cars for Ford?

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
why dont you guys just annex Mexico and Canada..? :) Shit theyll probably even throw Cuba in to the deal.. You already have so warm bonds with that little country.. But seriously. If the US would to say "we take Mexico" here wouldnt be much to argue... Your army is so superior that it´d be suicide not to do what you want. And yet Falluja is still fighting. Weird. Didn´t know throwing rocks and committin suicides would be so effective..

swizeguy

How dare you!?
I dont think that it would ever happen. I agree about the power hungry thing that bigck said but i also add that threwout history there hasnt been many if any countries that have stayed on good terms. Most have ended up in a fight with another from some point to another so how could we even think that we could join them all together?

Eat_Kal

Banned - What an Asshat!
isn't this called manifest destiny?

canada and america r like brothers....we like ahte each other! canadians would NEVEr want to "merge" with the US because there laws r different...like the guns thing is HUGE...plus like 90% of canadians HATE bush...id rather move to england or something then america...not that i hate americans...just the country in particular...but i think US will one day own canada...its bond to happen...they will prob get quebec first...

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
Eat_Kal said:
isn't this called manifest destiny?

canada and america r like brothers....we like ahte each other! canadians would NEVEr want to "merge" with the US because there laws r different...like the guns thing is HUGE...plus like 90% of canadians HATE bush...id rather move to england or something then america...not that i hate americans...just the country in particular...but i think US will one day own canada...its bond to happen...they will prob get quebec first...
yeah, i guess but (to me) manifest destiny already ocurred, we have expanded to the west coast.

i originally asked out of a question concerning mostly immigration. i was thinking how many immigrants come from both Canada and Mexico (& aren't either-Mexican or Canadian) that only use this route as a means to gain easier access to the USA. Plus Mexico and other Latinos come here in droves each year...so i posed it hypothetically to hear your ops, is all.