I’m sick of narcissistic people

HarmonyX

Flame Bait
Hello y’all. I have to say that narcissistic people are driving me insane, and I have two in my family. The dramas, the tantrums, the histrionics, the manipulative games, the psycho meltdowns, the abuse, the insults… I’m so fucking over it. Plus, they sincerely believe COVID did not real. These people think that that the whole world is WRONG, and they’re completely RIGHT - ALL THE TIME. It’s pure insanity trying to communicate with those people, so currently I’m in a ‘block them all’ mode… They are way too, too much to deal with.

• 2Agree
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

CoprophagousCop

Social Distancing Warrior
Premium
75 million Americans voted for a malignant narcissist! Are these 75 million also narcissists? I think the only way someone can like a narcissist is that the person is blind to the narcissism or the person is a narcissist oneself.

I grew up with an abusive, narcissistic, older brother. I have been blocking him for decades and probably will for the rest of my life.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ib4

Error
Staff
Considering most people aren't actually narcissist...

As my Psychology teach once said, to paraphrase, "Stop trying to diagnose yourself or the people around you, THATS a narcissistic tendency(LOLed to herself). Look at diagnosis like this, a person is only 'diagnosis' if it completely impedes on having a normal life. They can't leave the house without this 'diagnosis' literally preventing them from living a normal life or existing normally in society"

As for you, and I'm just being completely honest here, not in a way to be upsetting, in all my years, when I see people complain like this to people outside of their world, in a way that lacks any substance or detail....when you clearly have all the time in there world...then this is just one half of the story and you need to make yourself feel better by rousing a bunch strangers not part of your world in your favor.

Someone close to me has been labeled by their therapist to have strong narcissistic tendencies and you know what one of the big things they did was? Every time they had a larger problem with someone close to them, they went and complained to other people leaving out half the story to garner sympathy points.

MAN THIS COFFEE IS HITTIN THIS MORNING! WOOOOH!

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
Premium

As my Psychology teach once said, to paraphrase, "Stop trying to diagnose yourself or the people around you, THATS a narcissistic tendency(LOLed to herself). Look at diagnosis like this, a person is only 'diagnosis' if it completely impedes on having a normal life. They can't leave the house without this 'diagnosis' literally preventing them from living a normal life or existing normally in society"

As for you, and I'm just being completely honest here, not in a way to be upsetting, in all my years, when I see people complain like this to people outside of their world, in a way that lacks any substance or detail....when you clearly have all the time in there world...then this is just one half of the story and you need to make yourself feel better by rousing a bunch strangers not part of your world in your favor.

Someone close to me has been labeled by their therapist to have strong narcissistic tendencies and you know what one of the big things they did was? Every time they had a larger problem with someone close to them, they went and complained to other people leaving out half the story to garner sympathy points.

MAN THIS COFFEE IS HITTIN THIS MORNING! WOOOOH!
Nobody is giving a medical diagnosis. We are just describing their personality and behavior.

• 1ORLY?
Reactions: 1 user

ib4

Error
Staff
I'm not a sourpuss for disagreeing and speaking for everybody else.
For all you know, OP could very much believe the person they are speaking on is this way. Its also no secret that people do in fact sling these things around and really believe them. Societies desperate need to be right and not accept responsibility for their own behaviour is peaking currently...as the cycle of life goes. We're just waiting for the ugly implosion to occur.

• 1Agree

Ta¥|○rTzz

Fresh Meat
Hello y’all. I have to say that narcissistic people are driving me insane, and I have two in my family. The dramas, the tantrums, the histrionics, the manipulative games, the psycho meltdowns, the abuse, the insults… I’m so fucking over it. Plus, they sincerely believe COVID did not real. These people think that that the whole world is WRONG, and they’re completely RIGHT - ALL THE TIME. It’s pure insanity trying to communicate with those people, so currently I’m in a ‘block them all’ mode… They are way too, too much to deal with.
👍

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
Arent we all a little bit Narcissist.. do you think we would have come so far without a little or a lot of Narcissism? It’s just mine is right and yours is wrong 🤣

• 1Disagree
  • 1Like

CoprophagousCop

Social Distancing Warrior
Premium
Arent we all a little bit Narcissist.. do you think we would have come so far without a little or a lot of Narcissism? It’s just mine is right and yours is wrong 🤣

Sometimes, when I know I am right about something, I stick to my guns and will not change my point of view unless someone presents substantial evidence to counter what I know. I know that I appear conceited and stubborn and maybe even narcissistic to others at these times, but I am usually an open-minded, easy-going guy. If someone continues to argue with me without introducing new information, I do not concede, but I also do not attack that person about totally unrelated stuff. Narcissists, on the other hand, become very venomous when you disagree with them and will start attacking you about completely unrelated matters. This is because, deep down inside, narcissists are very insecure about themselves. They fight dirty. They care more about their own ego than the subject matter to which they are arguing.

I once had a coworker who was usually an easy-going guy, but when he was right about something, he too stuck to his guns. I admired his courage. When I saw him become very adamant about something, I backed off and gave him the benefit of the doubt. He always turned out to be right in the end. Narcissists, on the other hand, are full of crap!

• 2Like

HarmonyX

Flame Bait

MAN THIS COFFEE IS HITTIN THIS MORNING! WOOOO
Sometimes, when I know I am right about something, I stick to my guns and will not change my point of view unless someone presents substantial evidence to counter what I know. I know that I appear conceited and stubborn and maybe even narcissistic to others at these times, but I am usually an open-minded, easy-going guy. If someone continues to argue with me without introducing new information, I do not concede, but I also do not attack that person about totally unrelated stuff. Narcissists, on the other hand, become very venomous when you disagree with them and will start attacking you about completely unrelated matters. This is because, deep down inside, narcissists are very insecure about themselves. They fight dirty. They care more about their own ego than the subject matter to which they are arguing.

I once had a coworker who was usually an easy-going guy, but when he was right about something, he too stuck to his guns. I admired his courage. When I saw him become very adamant about something, I backed off and gave him the benefit of the doubt. He always turned out to be right in the end. Narcissists, on the other hand, are full of crap!
Of course we are all somewhat narcissistic. But my family members are OUT OF CONTROL. My brother - he's got a full blown NPD, i can assure you. Thinks he's famous.... and he's a nobody. Claims he's super intelligent... yet has not managed to finish even a Diploma, let alone a Degree. I don't know how many times he's had botox.... claims he's "the law in the family" (has no idea about the law, and has had few restraining order placed against him for violence). Claims others are jealous of him, me included (???), flies into violent rages whenever he feels critisized or under attack, has hit people in the head and violently attacked them, claiming he was 'scared' of them... would claim he's 'better looking then me' (i'm a female, he's obviously a male).... will make statements to me such as: "Just because you have Uni degrees, doesn't mean you are more intelligent than me. I'm probably more intelligent than you anyway". Not more intelligent, i'd say, but far more manipulative than most. Will threaten people on the drop of a hat with legal action, but not follow through very often. If that is not a full blown NPD, i don't know what it is. Claims he has so much money and earns a 'six figure income' (hardly); always talks about himself and how famous he is, but when you try and talk about yourself he will call you 'selfish' and throw few more insults in your direction, then continue talking about himself.... Did i say he's a carbon copy and a 'mini-me' of our mother??!? That, he certainly is.

Exactly. Narcissists are extremely venomous when you disagree with them. Both my brother and my mother fly into obscene rages when you criticize them. It is totally wild. I'm exceptionally thick skinned these days, because i have been called anything from a whore (that is STILL a very frequent insult), to a pig, to a clown, stupid, retarded, mentally ill, selfish, egotistical, evil... you name it. Dispite of all the scapegoating, i have managed to somewhat separate myself from them and lead a relatively normal life. But whenever i refuse to do something they want me to do, the abuse is relentless. Recently, i spent almost an hour listening to my brother's abuse, all because i was not willing to do something my family wanted me to do. I should have hung up, really. So now he's blocked. I'm not engaging with them anymore. No way. After you walk away from those people, you actually feel like you've been punched in the head several times over. I KNOW first hand for this narcissistic abuse is like. Call it what you like - it is still abuse. Those people are about power and control, and they will do everything possible that you yield to them. I've never been easily controlled and have always been fairly independent. Maybe that is the problem. They can't stand not having you under their control to do their undertakings. Some things are just fucking wrong, family or no family.

• 1Agree
  • 1Face Palm

ib4

Error
Staff
Nice Save on deleting those 500 posts @HarmonyX , i was comin-for-dat-azz!!!

Also, I can empathize with your situation. Someone very close to me is this way. But this person is also capable of great love, for that reason they can't be an actual narcissist. Tendencies yes, clinically diagnosed, probably not. And this person takes it to a level I've never seen before. Many people misunderstand what anxiety and fear do to a person and often times, these tendencies that we feel are narcissistic, are deep rooted in anxiety and fear caused by a situation in their life during their neurological development. It also comes with a control complex. Making them absolute fuck-wits to deal with in situations like the ones you mentioned.

HarmonyX

Flame Bait
@HarmonyX

Holy shit, that's a bunch of fucking novels you typed in a row. I'll be sure to not read them.
I'm trying to work out how controls work in this forum... so i overdosed on the posts. However, you don't need to be a fucking bitch about it. I thought this forum was about free speech and venting. Don't want to read my posts, then don't fucking comment on them. Peace.

LOLOL I was trying to work out how to respond, delete and edit posts. Yeah, i fucking overdosed. But my family has been really fucking pissing me off lately. Try living for 30+ years with constant fucking drama. It ends up giving you PTSD.

How do you actually 'like' and 'delete' posts and sort out replies???? I still haven't worked out how to 'delete', only 'edit'....

• 1Like

ib4

Error
Staff
Seriously @HarmonyX , I don't want to start off on the wrong foot, I love that you're contributing around here, but stop double and triple posting. I just merged them again for you. If you have more to add, just edit your post. If you look above you'll see I added more to my post that you responded to. Consider this a friendly warning with no consequence :)

HarmonyX

Flame Bait
Seriously @HarmonyX , I don't want to start off on the wrong foot, I love that you're contributing around here, but stop double and triple posting. I just merged them again for you. If you have more to add, just edit your post. If you look above you'll see I added more to my post that you responded to. Consider this a friendly warning with no consequence :)
I know... i just worked it out.... i created multiple posts by accident. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Also, I can empathize with your situation. Someone very close to me is this way. But this person is also capable of great love, for that reason they can't be an actual narcissist. Tendencies yes, clinically diagnosed, probably not. And this person takes it to a level I've never seen before. Many people misunderstand what anxiety and fear do to a person and often times, these tendencies that we feel are narcissistic, are deep rooted in anxiety and fear caused by a situation in their life during their neurological development. It also comes with a control complex. Making them absolute fuck-wits to deal with in situations like the ones you mentioned.
I know.... but some people are void of great love and only capable of hate. BTW, i think i sorted out the posts, i'm now working out how to do 'like' and the rest....:):nuts:

• 1Beer
  • 1Like