WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I’ve got a question.

Myzyri

Hoodrat
I had my door changed to swing outward when I had some renovations done. That was because as soon as you open my door there was only around six inches of space between my door and stairs. It made it difficult to bring anything in the house.

Jung

???
Premium
@Jung but doesn’t that drag in like..dirt and sand n shit?
It's definitely a bad habit, but one of those culturally ingrained things. I picked up the habit of taking them off from living up north for a while. Still have to make a point to tell people who've never been over before, because most people here just walk right in.

• 1Taters!
Reactions: Stardust

Stardust

How am I still alive
Premium
@Jung ugh I understand, we have some silly ones too.You could always write signs: “I’d rather smell your feet than lick your boot”, “we’re degenerates, not savages. remove your shoes”, “ fuck you, remove your shoes”, “even jesus removed his shoes inside, blasphemer”, “remove thy shoes or remove thyself”.

• 1LOL
Reactions: Out2Lunch

CoprophagousCop

:p
Premium
So, there’s sometime small random questions that pop into my head and probably you guys too get them once in a while. Here’s a thread for offbeat short questions.

I’ll start! In the US, at least in tv and movies your front door goes inward, is this typical? Here they go outwards, much safer. So I just thought it is only so it looks good on tv, to easily break down doors or do your doors go inwards?
OK, I am late to the party, but I guess this thread can replace Short Questions that don't deserve their own thread [2015+].

It is fire code in the U.S.A. for doors on public buildings to swing outward, so that the stampeding evacuators do not get pinned against the inside of the door.

• 1Helpful
Reactions: Stardust