WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines I admire Pope John Paul II

tzedek

Original Member
for a lot of reasons of course. This should be a remembrance thread, and a celebration of everything the man did during his life. Here is what I contribute, the Pope was shot in 1981, and as any true christian would do he forgave the man who shot him. Here he is seen with the man who shot him.

:thumbsup:

+

I myself hate the church but I must admit Pope John Paul II was a good man and a good example to others no matter what god you believe(or don't) in.

tzedek

Original Member
WILD said:
I myself hate the church but I must admit Pope John Paul II was a good man and a good example to others no matter what god you believe(or don't) in.
I do hate some churches too. In fact quite a bit. :mad:

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
He was against preservatives even though Africa suffers from a sick ass AIDS epidemy

He openly supported fascist regimes in latin America

But he's still the best pope the catholic church ever had... At least he appologized for the inquisition and witch hunting.

</rant>

Tenderony
Sad that he's dead. But it's sad when anyone dies. Whats even sadder is the fact that he condemmed contraception and Africa is fucked.

A man with his influence could have encouraged the use, and help slow down the spread of hiv.

Yes he stuck to his beliefs, but at the cost of thousands of peoples lives.

BigTexMarine25

how YOU doin'?
what i think is messed up, is now that he is dead, they are showing off his dead corpse all around like its some kind of new car or something. put the man in a casket or something. you dont have to see him persay in order to respect him and pray for him. i mean come on, have some decency. out of respet to him, put him in a nice casket as to not parade him around like a carnival prize.

tzedek

Original Member
This thread isnt about saying bad things about this man. If you want to talk shit take it some where else.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
I admire people with guts, who work to make the world better.

Why do you admire him, because he was old, AND he kept everything the same?

LAME...

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Really he kept everything the same?

Why was he shot in the 80's, wasn't he one of the key figures in the berlin wall falling?

You have no idea what you are talking about? Yes he may have said condoms and birth controll are against the relgion, but so is sex out of marriage.....

If people waited and listen to him untill they were married aids would diffently slow down to a halt.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
_Kitana_ said:
Really he kept everything the same?

Why was he shot in the 80's, wasn't he one of the key figures in the berlin wall falling?

You have no idea what you are talking about? Yes he may have said condoms and birth controll are against the relgion, but so is sex out of marriage.....

If people waited and listen to him untill they were married aids would diffently slow down to a halt.
1. What does being shot have to do with keeping everything the same?

2. Key figures? It was Mikhail Gorbachev's democratic reforms that brought about the fall. Not the Pope, Not Reagan.

Someone wasn't paying attention in history class?

Condoms? Who cares about condoms? What about protecting pedophiles, and building a vast fortune on the backs of working people, while they have NO intention of helping people with it.

Another one of your pointless, factless posts. Thanks...

tzedek

Original Member
tzedek said:
This thread isnt about saying bad things about this man. If you want to talk shit take it some where else.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
VOR just can't read...

:/ i am sure the pope was in direct connection with every abused person in the church and one other thing, he helped bring about the social change in europe.

so YEAH I WAS, maybe you should read up on all the good he did do.

There are worse people to look up to then the pope

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
_Kitana_ said:
VOR just can't read...

:/ i am sure the pope was in direct connection with every abused person in the church and one other thing, he helped bring about the social change in europe.

so YEAH I WAS, maybe you should read up on all the good he did do.

There are worse people to look up to then the pope
Look UP to funny...

You did not respond to the arguments. "Surprise"

social change in europe - What is that? You're just throwing things out that have no meaning.

I didn't say he wasn't a good man, and I'm sure he was a very nice man. But that's what Pope's are about. He was incredibly powerful, and he could have done so much more.

Goatstack

You just keep on typing..
He looked old even in the '80s.

I never knew the man, and I'm not going to like or dislike him because of his position in society. I hope the stranger was happy with what he did with his life.