WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I ain't getting paid near enough to do this shit.

Easty

Click click boom
5,564
8
68
#1
okay, so a couple sundays ago i had the morning shift as a dishwasher in a hometown restaurant. i get a call saying some kid spilled their soda on the ground, so i grab the dry mop and head out there (all the while more and more bustubs filling up) i start mopping away at the puddle as the girl's mom is apologizing for the mess. that girl (same one that spilled the shit) chimes in saying, "It's okay mommy, at least it gives him something to do". AAAAAAAGHH!! *grit the teeth and walk away*

the following sunday im in the back, doing those dishes again when i get another call saying that there was a spill in the bathroom. so, throwing down the crap i was doing then, i grab my trusty dry mop again. i headed out there and towards the restroom. i opened the door and looked at the floor...no water. kinda pissed, i walk further in to realize exactly what i was called to clean up. some fucking retarded kid puked in the fucking sink!!! the goddamn toilet was less than 2 feet away. shit, i said as i cleaned it up and headed back to my hole to wash more dishes.

okay, so i'm getting $6.50/hr to do, and put up with, shit like this. should i ask for a raise, and if so, how much should i go for?

sympathy reps are appreciated, im fucking sick of this 13 up there (sorry, im superstitious)
 

Slacker

Postaholic
3,735
139
127
#2
That's life..... Just wait, once they will realize how hard you work, they will let you have a raise or a bonus.
 
4,149
1
0
#4
Eastside said:
one would think that
You deserve the raise, but you won't get it. Bosses are assholes like that. Welcome back, Eastside. It was good to see you again Friday, even if it was for a short time. Missed you, hon!:)
 

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
1,415
0
0
#5
Eastside said:
sympathy reps are appreciated, im fucking sick of this 13 up there (sorry, im superstitious)
what the hell are you talking about? lol
 

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
1,415
0
0
#9
i know thats fucking unbelievable.i wonder how it works
 

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
4,475
917
332
#10
...


...


...


...


...Right. Anyways, back to the topic.

Working at buffets sucks in general. Good luck getting that raise.
 

Easty

Click click boom
5,564
8
68
#11
well, its not a buffet. if it was i wouldnt work for less than 8 an hour. but yeah, it does suck.

thanks for helping with that 13, ugh.
 

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,186
0
0
#12
Why are you doing dishes? Why aren't you a waiter or doing something else?

Every single job has it's down side. Enjoy it while it lasts.
 
R

RedOctober

Guest
#13
Nailbomb said:
13 is an unlucky number.
Good Lord, a wannebe Marine, and supersticious..
Don't whistle on board of a ship lad, or evil will be thy destiny.

:soldier:
 

Easty

Click click boom
5,564
8
68
#14
ChilianFuckFace said:
Why are you doing dishes? Why aren't you a waiter or doing something else?
i was thinking about becoming a pizza boy, i hear they get mucho dinero
 

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
713
0
0
#15
They do, if you work in the correct service area. Try to imagine the kind of people living around the pizza place you want to work at. Are they old ladies and little kids? (like in Historic Irvington here in Indy) Are they rich folk who, interestingly enough, rarely tip more than a couple of bucks?
Just some advice: Make damned sure you get a good service area so you CAN make those big bucks.
 

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
3,452
0
0
#16
For $6.50 an hour? Hmmm...work somewhere else like retail or something. Record shop, video store, yadda yadda.

You can always barback, you're old enough. It's shit work but very social.
 

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
4,475
917
332
#17
RedOctober said:
Good Lord, a wannebe Marine, and supersticious..
Don't whistle on board of a ship lad, or evil will be thy destiny.

:soldier:
I never said I was supersticious, you fruit.
 

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
1,488
11
102
#18
Eastside said:
okay, so a couple sundays ago i had the morning shift as a dishwasher in a hometown restaurant. i get a call saying some kid spilled their soda on the ground, so i grab the dry mop and head out there (all the while more and more bustubs filling up) i start mopping away at the puddle as the girl's mom is apologizing for the mess. that girl (same one that spilled the shit) chimes in saying, "It's okay mommy, at least it gives him something to do". AAAAAAAGHH!! *grit the teeth and walk away*
Gah!~ I hate the snobs, it's so sickening to see their boogers everytime they look at you. Does looking down the ridge of your nose have the same empowering effect as looking down the barrel of a gun, I don't know?
 

Farceur

Philosophy Nazi
Premium
5,683
1,127
387
#19
dude? cleaning up puke for $6.50 an hour? damn. that sucks.
take some CNA classes. that way you get paid 10 bucks an hour to clean up puke :thumbsup:

or you know get a job someplace else for the same cash.
 

Easty

Click click boom
5,564
8
68
#20
BklynCannonball said:
For $6.50 an hour? Hmmm...work somewhere else like retail or something. Record shop, video store, yadda yadda.

You can always barback, you're old enough. It's shit work but very social.
retail? maybe in those places, but i used to work at dollar tree. guess the most common question i got and ill rep ya:thumbsup: