WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I can't upload images!

Descent

Hella Constipated
I wanna put my old gallery back up, but I can't upload new images!

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
It's not working for me either... so I'm digging through some config settings and files now...

Freakless

One Horn3y Mofo
Yeah I can't do it either, I just figured that it was because I didn't have enough posts yet... I have some funny pics of me and my friends to post :p

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
This is occurring in the gallery, or trying to upload photos into your posts?

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Jason said:
This is occurring in the gallery, or trying to upload photos into your posts?
For me it's in The Gallery...

Jason

Founder
Yep, I worked on it for a few hours and it's still kicking my ass.

I'll try tomorrow with a fresh head, and a fat easter belly!

Noob

Banned - What an Asshat!
Don't know if this has anything to do it with it, but I can't post images on the forums. It usually ends up as a link or something.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
A bubbly thigh said:
Yeah, but look.
IMG tags can not have complex links. It does not work with HTTP get. (ie: Links with ? in it.)

Jason

Founder
Yes, the last issue is by design. It prevents malicious code.

Click the source of the google image to view the original on the originating website. Then, right click on the image and view it's properties/url and paste it here for it to work.

You can't just link to google thumbnails, sowwy. ;)

Jung

???
Premium
A bubbly thigh said:
Yeah, but look.
The site you're trying to link from may have disabled it too. Why not just upload that image to a free image host like www.imageshack.us? Someone, somewhere, is paying for the bandwidth you're stealing by linking that image.

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
and we pay back by paying with our intellegent and amusing and insightfil posts

Easty

Click click boom
is it a bmp image? i tried posting one today that wouldnt go through. i changed it to jpeg, and it was fine :thumbsup: