WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines I dont admire the pope.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
Actually...I dont really have an opinion on the pope himself...but i figured i wouldnt crap up tzedek's thread with a lot of negativity.

Kitana said:
Really he kept everything the same?

Why was he shot in the 80's, wasn't he one of the key figures in the berlin wall falling?
You have no idea what you are talking about? Yes he may have said condoms and birth controll are against the relgion, but so is sex out of marriage.....
If people waited and listen to him untill they were married aids would diffently slow down to a halt.
My opinion is that, no matter what your faith....you have to leave some room for common sense. I'll go on to say that I feel he is partly responsible for the AIDS problem in Africa.

I think this is a highly debatable topic...have at it.

edit: You know Issues is getting stagnant when we have to drag Kitana back out for her quarterly beating. :)

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
On a side note: They're now saying that the Popes funeral is estimated to be the largest in "WORLD HISTORY". That kind of attendence is tough to comprehend. [CBS Nightly News]

Carry on.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Kitana said:
Really he kept everything the same?

Why was he shot in the 80's, wasn't he one of the key figures in the berlin wall falling?
You have no idea what you are talking about? Yes he may have said condoms and birth controll are against the relgion, but so is sex out of marriage.....
If people waited and listen to him untill they were married aids would diffently slow down to a halt.
Kept everything the same? What are you just going out on a limb to prove how clueless you really are? Listen stick with beating dents out of a fenders hillbilly. The last thing he did was keep everything the same. Please before you post, use google or if "I" can go out on a limb; A book and know what the flying fuck you are talking about before you post. Pics of your tit’s and your endless abrasiveness only work on the Horndogs of the site. Save up you points and buy a clue in the WTF store.

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
I read an interesting article the other day. It was about the Popes effect on the collapsing of the Soviet Union. as we all know the Pope was polish. And when the Pope was elected Poland was still under the Soviet regime. And as you also know Pope is the suppressor of God on earth. So teh polish thought that God was on their side now. Religion and faith caused the polish to be fearless.. And without fear the aggressor has nothing.
So started the revolution, which played a large role in the breaking of the soviet. I know, i know, it wasn´t fully due to that but a big factor still.

I thought this was highly interesting. Russians leave always the Baltic Wars to a lower interest. Its understandable, they did beat the Hitlers Germany, and who likes to embrace bad memories when there are such good ones around.

Goatstack

You just keep on typing..
bigck3000 said:
Actually...I dont really have an opinion on the pope himself...but i figured i wouldnt crap up tzedek's thread with a lot of negativity.

My opinion is that, no matter what your faith....you have to leave some room for common sense. I'll go on to say that I feel he is partly responsible for the AIDS problem in Africa.

edit: You know Issues is getting stagnant when we have to drag Kitana back out for her quarterly beating. :)
AINDS problem in Africa? Can someone give me a news link about this because the last time I remembered AIDS is something that can form anywhere, not exclusively Africa.

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
kitana said:
Yes he may have said condoms and birth controll are against the relgion, but so is sex out of marriage.....
Just wanted to comment. ACtually, certain forms of birth control have been perfectly acceptable in the Catholic faith since before Pope Jahn Paul II was even pope. Secondly, (I´ll have to check the most updated catechism, and my copy is still back in the states) I´m pretty sure that he recently said that condoms were ok as well. See, the issue is not that people are having sex without creating babies, it is that the Catholic church doesn´t want people doing what it considers to be the taking of human life. Since a sperm is hardly a human life (only making up half of the DNA necessary) it´s hard to say condoms are "evil". I mean, if they were, you could just as easily argue that nocturnal emissions or going to a fertility clinic would also send you straight to the deep-belows. The asme goes for couples that are incapable of bearing children. Take a woman who is baren, for example. Using that kind of logic, if she didn´t die a virgin, she´d burn for eternity. As for birth control in the form of pills for women, the problem with that is that it works as a sort of insta-abortion. Anyway, rhythm method and similar methods of birth control have been acceptable for quite some time.

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
I think it was somewhere along the lines that condoms could be used to prevent AIDS, but not as means of birth-control :) Funny

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
bigck3000 said:

It's the Pope's responsibility as much as it is the uneducated Africans that are humping everything with a vagina.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
I was going to neg rep you for it...but you know better than that shit man...thats just ignorant

n00b head

The pron storer
Well i don't really have an opinion of the pope as I'm an atheist. But many people were mourning the death of the pope and surely thats hypocritical as he is going to heaven (according to their beliefs) so shouldn't they be celebrating his entrance to the afterlife?

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
This is a good thread...it's got everything...
mis-understanding, foolishness, seriousness...thanks!

n00b head

The pron storer
Well if they loved the pope so much why was he buried in what can only be described as a simple wooden crate? I mean I bury all my bodies in wooden crates isn't he special?

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman

Easty

Click click boom
bigck3000 said:
I was going to neg rep you for it...but you know better than that shit man...thats just ignorant
ah yes, but ignorance is bliss :thumbsup:

i'm kinda bummed that the pope passed. i'm catholic so it's just that much worse.

R.I.P. PJP2 :(

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I too am not very impressed with the Pope. I wasn't wishing the guy dead, I just don't care. I was raised Catholic and I can tell you that I feel it's WAY TOO MUCH to do about nothing. I think religion is reaching it's apex (hopefully) so people feel the need to blow up anything religious into huge proportions, even when not needed. He's a figure head in a dying religion. Woopie doo.