WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I don't know shit

lojasmo

Banned - What an Asshat!
And I unlearn something every day. That is all

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Look at it from the other side, you've probably unlearned more than most people have learned... What did you unlearn today?

yeah i'm the same way. i'm pretty sure that every time i learn something it pushes something else out of my head. so i can only know x things at once. :shrug:

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Nah, you actually remember every event, you just lose the ablitiy to recall it at will. The information is always there. Connecting the dots is really the only thing we have to do.

HoBoZ

SuperHobo
cmon.. hotwire my brain, i wanna remember my damn birth!!! shit, that's gotta be an hell of an rollercoaster:D

Broken said:
Nah, you actually remember every event, you just lose the ablitiy to recall it at will. The information is always there. Connecting the dots is really the only thing we have to do.
yeah, but sometimes things are just gone. entire conversations other people remember but i don't. worrisome!

Smiss

smissinat0r
Sounds just like my coworker. It's quite amazing, actually. She remembers how to do some weird-ass complex shit, but has to be told once a week how to scan or save something to a disk.

lojasmo

Banned - What an Asshat!
HoBoZ said:
cmon.. hotwire my brain, i wanna remember my damn birth!!! shit, that's gotta be an hell of an rollercoaster:D
I once remembered my conception while on acid. Fucking acid. It seems I lose a piece of the social graces most days. I'm sure someday I'll be fired for being a surly bastard. The good thing is that I'm an excellent clinician. It may just save my ass.

Broken

HoBoZ said:

Not bad, I wonder if you would think of it as a roller coaster? If you were cognitive at birth you would simply understand you instincts, as you do now. Perhaps, as exciting of a first date or graduating high school at best.
bah who knows.. Could be the ride of a life time. Whatever...

Broken

gumercules said:
yeah, but sometimes things are just gone. entire conversations other people remember but i don't. worrisome!

Huge gaps of conversations:: Hmm.. Brother those long phone calls from MOM or<insert boredom here> Doesn't count. That's filed in the old nugget under "self protect" Hell you already know the story; auto pilot kicks in frees' the frontal lob up for thinking about important things. Like how the hell do I get off this phone?

usually just something someone told me about. and they're like "remember when i told you blah blah?" and i say "uh... no"

and they usually have proof, which is the worst part. i'm going senile at 20 years old