WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I hate being a parent!

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Alright kiddies as you all know I am a proud parent of a 7 year old boy! This brings some great experiences and some not so great! All these years and I could never figure out why my parents were always so pissed off at me, but now I GOT it!! Yeah'yeah I finally got it nailed down, only because my kid gets me ten fold what i gave my parents!!!

My kid is awesome and I couldn't have asked for better! He's smart stays out of trouble, and usually doesn't give me much flak! BUT when he does fuck up he turns me into the biggest asshole and that alone chaps my ass! Scenario!! Last week Monday we get home and Im lookin over his homework and it looks like shit, so I tell him to fix a few things. He does it and we're done. I tell him that his handwriting is sloppy and it needs to improve or tomorrow no Nintendo (his heart and soul)! Tuesday, still looks like shit we fix it and I tell him again, but im to tired to enforce so I let it slide! Wednesday, looks acceptable so I let him slide but I still let him know he's gotta stay on top of it! Thursday, kinda sloppy but it'll work and I jump his shit a little!

So here we are Monday, I check his work and I can't fucking read it! Here comes the fury! I was so pissed that he pushed me to this point and now I had enforce! I took it all away! T.V., Nintendo, and the fucking gameboy!

The whole point of this story is how he fucks off and it screws up everything, and pisses me off! If we have plans to go to the movies and he fucks up no movies, and usually Im the one lookin more forward to it than him! Or we'll have plans to go to the beach (i love goin to the beach) and he'll pull some dumb shit and piss us both off and FUCK! there goes our plans!

All this time what an ass I was!

Damn this makes me feel a lot older than 26! :thumbsdn:

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Ah, the joyfulness of being a parent.

In 10 years, you'll look back at this and laugh.

I know I will because I'll probably be high in 10 years.
:thumbsup:

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Poor kid. I mean, shame on you for trying to install a little pride in work to him. LOL. Good job twist, some parents just let kids do whatever they want. :thumbsup:

well i can totally relate, not to the sloppyness part but the ruining of plans. i'm a single mom of a 9year old and 6 year old both girls :( so both of mine are perfectionists. got no idea where that comes from cause i'm not ;), but i swear the mood swing with me, so plans are always ruined due to it :( but oh well these are the growing years, and yes maybe one day we will look back and laugh. but right now alls i want to do is bang my head against a wall :rolleyes:

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
I'm not a parent, and the thought of being one freaks me out. I cannot stand crying babies, puking babies, shitting babies. And on top of it all, I'm just flat out afraid of babies, I am afraid of breaking them. Seriously. I think I'll just go off if it starts crying, or drop it if it pukes on me.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
brainwashmonkey said:
I'm not a parent, and the thought of being one freaks me out. I cannot stand crying babies, puking babies, shitting babies. And on top of it all, I'm just flat out afraid of babies, I am afraid of breaking them. Seriously. I think I'll just go off if it starts crying, or drop it if it pukes on me.
That was me 7 years ago..LOL! :thumbsup:

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
All this about handwriting? I'm glad you're not my mom (or dad?). Hell, I guess you don't want him to be a doctor, eh? You know what they say about their handwriting.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Skitch0o0 said:
All this about handwriting? I'm glad you're not my mom (or dad?). Hell, I guess you don't want him to be a doctor, eh? You know what they say about their handwriting.
When your child is attending one of themost fundamentally challenging schools in the county! YES, handwriting as well as everything else counts!

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
TwisT said:
When your child is attending one of themost fundamentally challenging schools in the county! YES, handwriting as well as everything else counts!
And that's exactly what his employers are going to be looking at later. "Hmmm, we were thinking of hiring you, but then we saw your elementary school transcripts. Your marks in penmanship were atrocious. Sorry."

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Skitch0o0 said:
And that's exactly what his employers are going to be looking at later. "Hmmm, we were thinking of hiring you, but then we saw your elementary school transcripts. Your marks in penmanship were atrocious. Sorry."
You don't and won't understand till your ignorance lets it's guard down, or you have kids. Which ever comes first!

Bottom line! I could give a fuck about his penmanship when he's 18! But for now he's mine and if you think that the bar may be high for my son that's good! It let's me know I'm giving 110% towards his education!

I'm very lenient! But when it comes to the things that matter most, I get shit done! That's the attitude I want my son to have!

Hicts

Your mighty ruler. OBEY!
Im with you, if kids learn to do things well that becomes an habit, I think, but Im not a parent so...

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
I'm not a parent but I have heard stories like this. One thing that a few of the parents in my family have all figured out on their own was, if they are going to take something away from their kids as a form of discipline, make sure it isn't something that will really affect you like going someplace you really want to go. Don't use that as a leverage, use something else of theirs. My brother isn't all that fond of cartoon movies so he doesn't mind telling his son if he doesn't stop misbehaving, he can't see the movie. But if it's something that he planned for and he has to bring his son along, he'll give him another punishment like if he continues this behaviour he won't be seeing his toy for a while or at least until he completes a chore once back at home.

You sound like a good parent. Maybe try giving him a positive incentive for giving you a good handwriting example. Something like giving you a good handwriting example and you'll take him out to the movies, or maybe ice cream, or something like that. It's positive reinforcement and it tends to work a little better. This way your kid would have somethign to look forward to and a reason to do what you ask. Negative reinforcement doesn't give the incentive to do much other than rebel and only see that the glass is half empty (grow a pessimistic view on things, because all he sees is what negative things can happen). That way you don't get dissapointed with looking forward to something and then having to turn it down, and you don't resent your son for making you miss something you wanted to do.

I'm not really into unsolicited advice, but I thought this might help. :)

TwisT said:
Bottom line! I could give a fuck about his penmanship when he's 18! But for now he's mine and if you think that the bar may be high for my son that's good! It let's me know I'm giving 110% towards his education!
Your son is going to hate and despise you by the time he's 13. It happens. When I was 7 I was a smart kid too. But then my mom raised the bar too high. I still got good grades. But I tried to kill myself once. Now I hate my family, and love myself, and really don't give a fuck what they say. I'm sorry for sounding like a pussy, but it's the truth.

sawrecoil

Fresh Meat
TwisT said:
Alright kiddies as you all know I am a proud parent of a 7 year old boy! This brings some great experiences and some not so great! All these years and I could never figure out why my parents were always so pissed off at me, but now I GOT it!! Yeah'yeah I finally got it nailed down, only because my kid gets me ten fold what i gave my parents!!!

My kid is awesome and I couldn't have asked for better! He's smart stays out of trouble, and usually doesn't give me much flak! BUT when he does fuck up he turns me into the biggest asshole and that alone chaps my ass! Scenario!! Last week Monday we get home and Im lookin over his homework and it looks like shit, so I tell him to fix a few things. He does it and we're done. I tell him that his handwriting is sloppy and it needs to improve or tomorrow no Nintendo (his heart and soul)! Tuesday, still looks like shit we fix it and I tell him again, but im to tired to enforce so I let it slide! Wednesday, looks acceptable so I let him slide but I still let him know he's gotta stay on top of it! Thursday, kinda sloppy but it'll work and I jump his shit a little!

So here we are Monday, I check his work and I can't fucking read it! Here comes the fury! I was so pissed that he pushed me to this point and now I had enforce! I took it all away! T.V., Nintendo, and the fucking gameboy!

The whole point of this story is how he fucks off and it screws up everything, and pisses me off! If we have plans to go to the movies and he fucks up no movies, and usually Im the one lookin more forward to it than him! Or we'll have plans to go to the beach (i love goin to the beach) and he'll pull some dumb shit and piss us both off and FUCK! there goes our plans!

All this time what an ass I was!

Damn this makes me feel a lot older than 26! :thumbsdn:
you dont deserve to be a parent!
your a fucking asshole
if you were my father, i would be the kid trying to commit suicide asshole!

gummi_

Tenderony
Just because he wants his child to have good bookwork doesnt make him a bad parent... you learn habits early, if his writing etc is good now, then later on he wont need to be pushed, he'll just do it that way himself. He's setting the kid up to do well later, so i think that makes him a good parent personally.

As for taking away the Nintendo ... thats not necessarily a bad thing either! Maybe he'll become more interested in sports or something ... you never know :)

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
at seven years old there are far more important things to be worrying about.... not developing social skills and conversation/speech confidence is going to turn him into the sterotypical videogame/under-achiever nerd.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS CHICKENSCRATCHHHH!!!"

"no daddy....please....not again."

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!...YOUR MOTHER AND I HATE YOU!"

Basically you should lighten up...you'll end up in the news with that kind of parenting.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
damn twist!!!
in 10 years you two will be partying and hanging out together at the local bar! LOL like buds...penmanship is important in elementary school but i think if that is the worst thing he does (since you know how to pick your battles, RIGHT!??) make him practice proper penmanship rather than taking away anything. it'll accomplish more and be as torturous...2 hours spent writing and rewriting the alphabet...yah that sounds like fun!

;)