WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I hate Facebook.

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
Most Facebook features are pointless and thrown in my face. Stop showing me shit I did years ago and stop adding bullshit features like stories. I just want to keep in contact with friends and family. That's it.

Last edited:

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
What if your friends and family do not play videos games?

That's what phones, e-mails, letters, in-person visits, ... are for...

I'm not registered in Facebook and very glad about it)

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
I guess one could argue that all social media is self-enabled surveillance of people's lives. :cautious:

Facebook is only good for two things:

1. Keeping in contact with irl friends (for those who have irl friends)
2. Dank Memes!

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
If only there where a place on the interwebs we could all gather to discuss these difficult avenues in life.

If only there were a web based forum out there where all the crazies, and all the misfits, gathered, together, in a together gathering place, on the web, but not Facebook....

If only....

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
Five years ago I met a woman and we flirted around. I started avoiding her because I looked her up on Facebook and she had a husband and a kid. I've avoided all contact with her and all her friends for the past five years.

Today when I got back from a family reunion, Facebook randomly recommended that I watch one of her archived livestreams. I instantly blocked her to prevent Facebook from recommending her anymore, and they gave an automated apology. I can't believe Facebook thought it was OK to random try to reconnect me with a cheating asshole!

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
So its impossible for you to be just friends with someone of your preferred sex if they are married? Or by flirting around you mean you did more than just talk, like you got physically involved?

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
So its impossible for you to be just friends with someone of your preferred sex if they are married? Or by flirting around you mean you did more than just talk, like you got physically involved?
I can be friends with people who are married. I just don't cheat on people.

We just talked, but I cut off communication before anything worse happened.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Sounds like you read the situation entirely wrong and you were only ever going to be a friend from her vantage point, but because of your sense of reality you stopped being even a friend.

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
Sounds like you read the situation entirely wrong and you were only ever going to be a friend from her vantage point, but because of your sense of reality you stopped being even a friend.
No, we were headed in that direction, but I cut it off.