I Hate My Math Teacher!!!!

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
this one is for you Skitch0o0

the title is sarcastic. today i had a test in math and i knew the stuff, but my math teacher likes to make it so that everyone in the class is rushing super hardcore just to finish. we had roughly 35 minutes to do the following:

one system of equations with two problems (one problem is quadratic)

one system of two equations with literals (i.e. one equation was like 18 = ax + by+32)

one system of three equations you have to solve with gaussian elimination

one system of three equations you must solve with cramers rule

you must find the inverse of one 2x2 matrix (that one was a gimme)

you must find the area of a region defined by three inequalities (i forget them but one was like y <= 3x + 4)

graph the area of a region defined by three inequalities (different problem)

one parabola with constants represented as a and b. you must solve for a and b when you know that the parabola passes through two points. (i.e. y = ax^2 + bx + 3. and it passes through (7, 3) and (1, 2) those are random points though)

and one problem with two matrixes defined and named a and b and you must find the matrix that is a - 2b + ab. (luckily they were both 2x2 matrixes)
----------------------------
please dont take this as a rant although some of it is a little borderline. with roughly 35-40 minutes and 9 problems that leaves roughly 4 minutes a problem. that in my opinion for a high school student (AND NOT A MATH TEACHER) is a little bit crazy. needless to say i got all of them done except the last one which i didnt get a chance to start (i guess i took roughly 5 minutes per problem). anyway that angers me cause in addition to not having one done i could have several wrong. im guaranteed to get a B plus since i rushed the chances of me getting all of the rest right are slim.

before you tell me how you could have done this, which i dont find easy to believe: the system with literals, the system with gaussian, and cramers rules took up most of the time. (they're, but are also time consuming. the problem is finding the discriminate of 4 3x3 matrixes by hand is hard if you dont want to get mistakes)). she doesnt allow calculators on this test.

anyway as i said in the beginnign this isnt rantish and the reason is:
i went afterschool and just said to my math teacher "Mrs. MathTeacher could i please have like 5 minutes extra time to finish my test. i didnt get a chacne to do number 9." and then... she let me finish it, so im really happy that that happened and like my math teacher for that.

so that is why this isnt a rant. :thumbsup:

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
We are doing this stuff at school right know. I got the highest score in math but I am not good at it.
I think we all have teachers that we dont like as much as another teacher, its life.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
MrNewbie said:
We are doing this stuff at school right know. I got the highest score in math but I am not good at it.
I think we all have teachers that we dont like as much as another teacher, its life.

i mainly wrote this post as something positive to say about my math teacher since skitch0o0 has been complaining that everyone bitches about theirs

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
WizardlyFriend said:
i mainly wrote this post as something positive to say about my math teacher since skitch0o0 has been complaining that everyone bitches about theirs
Your math teacher isn't skitches, its impossible to comprehence between those two.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
MrNewbie said:
Your math teacher isn't skitches, its impossible to comprehence between those two.

you dont get it, im doing this to spite him. cause he says that people only bitch about their math teachers and it has nothing to do with them and only to do with the people. also i think you mean COMPARE. comprehence isnt a word (comprehend is a word though)

firey demon

one hell of a twat
school is shit

i know wot u r talking about, teachers expect you to be as good at a subject as they are when they have been to collage and uni. maths is a bit boring though and some of the things that they expect you to do are just too hard to do. but school in general is just a waste of time when you could be learning important things rather than all those shit things that you learn i mean, basically school is a waste of time

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
WizardlyFriend said:
you dont get it, im doing this to spite him. cause he says that people only bitch about their math teachers and it has nothing to do with them and only to do with the people. also i think you mean COMPARE. comprehence isnt a word (comprehend is a word though)
But is this forum section made for what your thread is about?
:thumbsdn:

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
MrNewbie said:
But is this forum section made for what your thread is about?
:thumbsdn:

no, but its being sarcastic and ill know he'll read it. god cant you take a joke. some sarcasm. or is it more important that i remain on topic and put things in the right section than to amuse someone or make a joke?

ill stop here before this turns into an argument

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
WizardlyFriend said:
this one is for you Skitch0o0

the title is sarcastic. today i had a test in math and i knew the stuff, but my math teacher likes to make it so that everyone in the class is rushing super hardcore just to finish. we had roughly 35 minutes to do the following:

one system of equations with two problems (one problem is quadratic)

one system of two equations with literals (i.e. one equation was like 18 = ax + by+32)

one system of three equations you have to solve with gaussian elimination

one system of three equations you must solve with cramers rule

you must find the inverse of one 2x2 matrix (that one was a gimme)

you must find the area of a region defined by three inequalities (i forget them but one was like y <= 3x + 4)

graph the area of a region defined by three inequalities (different problem)

one parabola with constants represented as a and b. you must solve for a and b when you know that the parabola passes through two points. (i.e. y = ax^2 + bx + 3. and it passes through (7, 3) and (1, 2) those are random points though)

and one problem with two matrixes defined and named a and b and you must find the matrix that is a - 2b + ab. (luckily they were both 2x2 matrixes)
----------------------------
please dont take this as a rant although some of it is a little borderline. with roughly 35-40 minutes and 9 problems that leaves roughly 4 minutes a problem. that in my opinion for a high school student (AND NOT A MATH TEACHER) is a little bit crazy. needless to say i got all of them done except the last one which i didnt get a chance to start (i guess i took roughly 5 minutes per problem). anyway that angers me cause in addition to not having one done i could have several wrong. im guaranteed to get a B plus since i rushed the chances of me getting all of the rest right are slim.

before you tell me how you could have done this, which i dont find easy to believe: the system with literals, the system with gaussian, and cramers rules took up most of the time. (they're, but are also time consuming. the problem is finding the discriminate of 4 3x3 matrixes by hand is hard if you dont want to get mistakes)). she doesnt allow calculators on this test.

anyway as i said in the beginnign this isnt rantish and the reason is:
i went afterschool and just said to my math teacher "Mrs. MathTeacher could i please have like 5 minutes extra time to finish my test. i didnt get a chacne to do number 9." and then... she let me finish it, so im really happy that that happened and like my math teacher for that.

so that is why this isnt a rant. :thumbsup:
Well, there is a difference between spewing a little about a math teacher that expects his/her students to do even more that he/she can and bitching because you never study, hate math and can´t figure out why you´re failing after never going to class nor doing any work. At the school I´m at right now, I´m quite frustrated with this one teacher that keeps assigning his students problems that he himself can´t solve without the use of the solutions manual. How in the hell does that make sense? And then I get stuck trying to help these poor high school students that are doing calculus stuff with alebraic concepts that are often overlooked until upper-division course work.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
well i also posted it cause i had something positive to say about my math teacher. i got the test back today. worked out to be a B. which is fine :thumbsup:

mxoinox

Banned - What an Asshat!
man, my math teacher is pretty kick ass, i dont know about everyone else, but she is just a sweetheart. I have an A in her class and its not cuz shes easy cuz everyone else has a B or a C. You might say im ok at math, but wtf, im ok at english too. I cant complain about either subject although i find english a bit boring. (Wtf do math and english always end up being the defining factors in someones educational career?)