WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I hate pennies.

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
When I get change, I always put it in my bank on my desk, and eventually spend it on a cheap lunch, soda, or snacks. Quarters add up quick. Dimes and nickels add up slower, but are still worth money. Pennies never add up to anything. They piss me off. I have so many, and they only add up to like $1.50. Pennies should be banned! Prices should be rounded up to the nearest nickel!

Crazizniac

Particinator
Lady in a street car, nickle in her mouth. the streetcar gave a lurch and the nickle went south. Now the question is, without a doubt - The nickle went in but did the nickle come out?

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
When I get change, I always put it in my bank on my desk, and eventually spend it on a cheap lunch, soda, or snacks. Quarters add up quick. Dimes and nickels add up slower, but are still worth money. Pennies never add up to anything. They piss me off. I have so many, and they only add up to like $1.50. Pennies should be banned! Prices should be rounded up to the nearest nickel!

I mean to be fair, with how inflation is, nowadays, you can hardly even buy anything with a quarter, moretoless, a penny. Granted, even pennies add up after a while, you'd be surprised. Still, if only you could turn every penny you have into a quarter, that would be pretty fucking awesome, ngl.

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
Pennies never add up to anything. They piss me off. I have so many, and they only add up to like $1.50.
So they don't add up yet you added them up to $1.50.

Carry some coins with you, including at least four pennies. When you buy something with cash, try to pay the cent amount with coins and if possible, pay the full amount with exact change. If you just pay with whole dollars, you have an 80% chance of getting at least one penny in change.
:twocents:

Also, here is an actual penny I own:
penny.jpg

Last edited:

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
So they don't add up yet you added them up to $1.50.

Carry some coins with you, including at least four pennies. When you buy something with cash, try to pay the cent amount with coins and if possible, pay the full amount with exact change. If you just pay with whole dollars, you have an 80% chance of getting at least one penny in change.
:twocents:

Also, here is an actual penny I own:
View attachment 10491
I got $1.50 in change, but it took forever to collect, and how am I supposed to give 150 pennies to somebody when buying something? That's a lot of pennies without making the time to go to a bank, and exchange all that for a dollar and two quarters.

I will start using pennies to pay things off in exact change. I just have so many pennies I need to deal with.

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
I got $1.50 in change, but it took forever to collect, and how am I supposed to give 150 pennies to somebody when buying something? That's a lot of pennies without making the time to go to a bank, and exchange all that for a dollar and two quarters.

I will start using pennies to pay things off in exact change. I just have so many pennies I need to deal with.
Patience. You will rid yourself of pennies one to four at a time. :twocents: