WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I hate Standerized testing

pimpyobitch

Banned - What an Asshat!
412
0
0
#1
Damn ACT/SAT. I took the ACT today. You would think the dumb fucks who make the test would give you more time. I mean how the hell am I suppose to read 6 stories, and answer 60 questions about them in 45min. Perhaps the bitches should take there own test.
 

Janglenut

Particinator
863
0
0
#3
I'll be taking the ACT next month, don't sweat it man. Did you already take the test?
 

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
2,197
0
0
#5
Unforgiven said:
i'm glad i never had to take those :)
Me too. All though the students here in Virginia now have to pass these things called the S.O.L's some thing called the Standards of learning tests. They have to reach of certain goal of number of tests they have to pass in order to Graduate. The can pass all their ninth grade ones and some 10th grade ones or pass a little of each grade. If you don't achieve that certain amount before grad. then you cant walk. I think that is a load of BullShit. I mean some people can't help even though they make good grades but choke on big tests can't graduate. Its just Stupid. Well I am glade I did not have to go through that. That rule started after the year I Graduated...lol.
 

breakology

Kiss my Converse
1,890
4
102
#7
I never understood the cryptic ass scoring system fro the SAT's, but I have heard everyone's theories on how to get the highest score you can by missing some questions on purpose, or not answering other ... never got it.
Anyway, I took the ACT in high school, got a 23 the first time as a junior, took it again as a senior, got a 21 ... thought that was weird to. I seem to be getting dumber as I get older, still holds true, lol.
 

breakology

Kiss my Converse
1,890
4
102
#9
ReiMeishin said:
Sorry but I like the SAT's. The 1310 I got on them helped offset my grades.
grades, shmades ... blah .... lol ... I went to college on a athletic scholorship so I only needed like bare minimun to get in anyway, lol ... 17 ACT/700 SAT and a 2.0 ... lol ...
 

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,583
0
0
#10
Eh, I nevr toke tha tests an loke hoe smatr i am!
 
996
13
182
#11
never took the ACT, did well on the SAT. you're lucky "standerdized" tests don't test your spelling
 

magnolia

Postaholic
4,093
59
112
#12
The only thing a standerdized test measures is ur ability to take tests. I'm against them. But whatcha gadda do?
 

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
3,192
0
36
#13
CuddleMuffin said:
Me too. All though the students here in Virginia now have to pass these things called the S.O.L's some thing called the Standards of learning tests. They have to reach of certain goal of number of tests they have to pass in order to Graduate. The can pass all their ninth grade ones and some 10th grade ones or pass a little of each grade. If you don't achieve that certain amount before grad. then you cant walk. I think that is a load of BullShit. I mean some people can't help even though they make good grades but choke on big tests can't graduate. Its just Stupid. Well I am glade I did not have to go through that. That rule started after the year I Graduated...lol.
S.O.L.S suck....Shit Out Of Luck
 

tzedek

Original Member
2,515
3
38
#14
Dogbert said:
Durrrrrr....

I take the SAT's for the 2nd time next month. I got a 1080 the 1st time. :(
1080 isnt that bad, there was a girl in my class top 10 and she got either high 900s or low 1000s. i got a 1260 only took it once.(sat)
 

magnolia

Postaholic
4,093
59
112
#15
tzedek said:
1080 isnt that bad, there was a girl in my class top 10 and she got either high 900s or low 1000s. i got a 1260 only took it once.(sat)
Haha. Sorry, but this is the kind of thing that my psychology professor was talking about last week. I just got a chuckle from you guys camparing scores ans sharin em and stuff. To me a score doesn't matter because it only measures how well you did on that test on that day. Besides, I never took the SAT and I never will.
 

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
1,622
5
38
#16
breakology said:
I never understood the cryptic ass scoring system fro the SAT's, but I have heard everyone's theories on how to get the highest score you can by missing some questions on purpose, or not answering other ... never got it.
Anyway, I took the ACT in high school, got a 23 the first time as a junior, took it again as a senior, got a 21 ... thought that was weird to. I seem to be getting dumber as I get older, still holds true, lol.

It is something to the effect of; If you skip a problem you are only knocked half a point, but if you answer the problem and miss it, you will be knocked a whole point. Makes sense, huh? :thumbsdn:
 

pdx

paradox
3
0
0
#17
oh shit, i remember i took those tests when i was in middle school (or is it called middle school in the american system?) though i always seemed to find a way to ditch or fuck that pointles shit up. go out to the bathroom, take some potassium in a capsule and flush it down. shit floods the whole place, no more school for you for a looong time