WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I have a problem

dhpoz24

Large Timothy
Dude, ive been with this chick for a year and 5 months now, shes a senior and is gonna be leaving for college in the end of this year. Im a junior and of course i've got two more years till i get out. Anyhow, lately ive been feeling like i need to break up with her. I dont really act myself around her, her culture is totally different from mine (shes like 100% american and im hispanic), i feel like i always need to be on the look out for what i say because if i say something out of line she'll be like devastated, umm.... like i often think whether im with her becuase i love her (which i do, just not completely sure in which way; friend or lover) or becuase its been a routine thing for me you know, like a part of my day. I really care about her though sooooo much, i mean i lover like crazy, i mean we're just soo different. Im wondering what i should do, stay with her till she leaves and make her happy, or break up with her now and kill her senior year. HELP ME PLEASE I NEED SOME HELP, SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you can make it work, make it work. if it feels to awkward for you, cut her off...

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
wow dude..that sux.....ive been in that situation...the culture clash...and it sux....if you really care for her....let it ride...and what ever happens ..happens when she bails for college....if shes goin away ..out of town...then the distance will pretty much kill the relationship.....unless both of you work for it....talk to her..if you feel this relationship can be one that may last a long time...its good to get things out in the open...if you feel uncomfortable about the culture thing .... she needs to know...you cant go around pretending someone youre not....trust me dude...that sux.... be yourself...be honest....and no regrets man.....like i said...ive been through this..if you want more advice...feel free to PM me...

swizeguy

How dare you!?
yeah that sucks.. you could always try breaking up to see what it would be like..
man just think about her going out with another dude. if that idea really bugs you then you then you do like her. but if it doesnt bug you then somethings not right...
Good luck!

pakdatson

Banned - What an Asshat!
Dude, Dumb Her Ass. If There are any Doubts In Your Mind, Then You Dont Love Her. Save Yourself and her the Time. Who Cares If Its Her Senior Year, She'll Get Plenty Of Guys In College, Trust Me.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
pakdatson said:
Dude, Dumb Her Ass. If There are any Doubts In Your Mind, Then You Dont Love Her. Save Yourself and her the Time. Who Cares If Its Her Senior Year, She'll Get Plenty Of Guys In College, Trust Me.
Whats love got 2 do with it.......the rides over, now beat it...