WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I have movedz0r!

Shurikane

Raging Hermaphrodite
Mom and I had been planning this for a while now: packing while getting ready to move to our newly built bungalow in Terrebonne. Little did I know what was to come.

First, we had a lot of stuff. Our old house is immense. Two stories tall, with a completely finished and furnished basement. Wanna know what the house was? Go rent The Whole Nine Yards. The house in which Bruce lives in the movie? Well, that's us. We had bought it 2 years after the movie had come out. We ended up with more than 100 boxes of varying sizes.

Then, later on, my back locked. Hard. Impossible to move for the morning, back pains for the afternoon, and no moving boxes around for a week. Meh. Mom said with a laugh that I had planned this from the beginning to save my lazy ass from work. =P

And then, on the 19th, the moving men come. It's raining. Hard. The freeway was an extreme kayaking run. The moving truck was too small, so we had to leave a bit of furniture behind. Not so bad though - the rest can fit on my half-bro's trailer anyways. Still a bitch. And then, to move everything into a smaller new house. My mom had a general idea of where to stick everything so giving directions was easy... until the basement sofas. Those things were custom-made pieces of hugeness able to crush a Hummer H1. They couldn't get those two sofas down the stairs. We removed the rails, still no go. Finally, the moving men tell us: "We can try some more, but that'll involve punching holes into the wall." We figured that it was already scratched by now, so we gave them the go. Unfortunately, the punch parks were right on the 2X4s, so as much as we could try, there was no way to fit those down the basement. We ended up putting them in the garage, and will call someone to see if we can disassemble them, take them down and rebuild them in the basement.

Next came unpacking and rebuilding. We rebuilt my bed, my new office desk, and mom's bed. Next, placing all the dishes and other important stuff, so while mom prepared the kitchen, I... started putting my computers back together. :D My uber l33t-unl33t compy setup shall be posted in Episode 2: The Ugliest Computer Setup Ever.

As if that wasn't enough, I started doing inflammation on both of my heels at once. During the 19th, I was forced to go digitigrade. A quick trip to the doc and a prescription later, the pain goes away. Yay!

We find out that our Internet hadn't transferred yet, so to get myself to sleep, I watch five episodes of Samurai Deeper Kyo. Yummy.

Today. I call my ISP because the Internet still isn't alive. The technician tells me to go modem only just to be sure. I tell him it used to work with the router anyways, but he tells me that it doesn't matter for now - maybe the router got hit during the move or something. Then I figure: I used my Sega Dreamcast's extra-long phone cord to get the DSL modem plugged. Maybe it wasn't good enough and I needed to plug that usual cord instead. So I reach behind my desk and check the splitter. One cord to the modem, one to the phone. One of them has a filter on, it's the phone. So I disconnect the line without the filter.

"It's brown? What the hell?!"

Quickly, I pick up my phone. The line is dead.

I realize I had mistakenly plugged my DSL modem along with the filter, instantly killing all attempts of connection possible. I do the switcheroo, put everything back together, and lo and behond, teh Internet's worky! The tech support dude didn't call back to find out why the line's been cut and I didn't have his post number anyways, so I gave up calling him to explain why he'd been cut off. Oh well. Too bad, since he was a really eager and nice guy. And for once, he wasn't a foreigner! :D Finally someone I could talk quickly to!

With that, my Internet is fixed. My computers are up and running and the breakers haven't tripped. Mom's temporarily using my TV, my receiver is all set, my TV piece of furniture is set. Once I get the TV back, I'll plug my Sega Dreamcast in there. Then, I'll order my new compy, and with that I'll be able to redo my computer layout and get a much cleaner and functional desk. Too bad though because I really feel like Lain, backed up into my little corner with two compies in front of my face. :) OK, so it's not custom liquid-cooled stuff but hey, it's a pretty sweet feeling.

More to come, bastiches!

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Hmm... Sweet. Moving big stuff in to a small house is fun... if only because it frustrates your parents.

Where do you live that you have a basement?

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
parents and i just got a house too..we're gonna be closing the deal this monday....its gonna be crazy ...school starts monday too....so id be getting off work going to school..then coming back and moving everything....plus ive yet to make the appt. to have the cable company connect the cable...i did all the cabling...data/phone/cable/sattelite.....took me a week with no help....company would have charged me 80 bux a drop....fuck that....ive got cable telephone and data in all rooms....surround sound in the living room...television room..and garage....i did foget to run cable[speaker] to the outside walls...for speakers....eh....anyways..we're all pretty excited to move in....the american dream :]

Shurikane

Raging Hermaphrodite
NoSubstance said:
Hmm... Sweet. Moving big stuff in to a small house is fun... if only because it frustrates your parents.

Where do you live that you have a basement?
In Quebec, pretty much all houses have a basement, finished or not. And I don't mean just a heater room - I mean a full basement with rooms and all.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Whoah, cool. In L.A. basements are unheard of.

How's the move going now that you've been there for a bit?

Shurikane

Raging Hermaphrodite
The more days that pass, the better everything looks. Soon enough, I'll be able to claim my TV back (it's being temporarily used in the living room since the tech dudes didn't come for the big sound setup yet) and start playing some DC games. :D

Descent

Hella Constipated
Ahhh...Dreamcast...how I miss thee...

That was the system to end all systems. Too bad the PMS-2 killed it :(.

Do you play any homebrew Dreamcast games? I'm a big fan of nxDoom. That is the shit.

Shurikane

Raging Hermaphrodite
My only homebrew is Beats of Rage. I don't want to go into the homebrew stuff since I end up with crap most of the time.

</rant>

Tenderony
Shurikane said:
Mom and I had been planning this for a while now: packing while getting ready to move to our newly built bungalow in Terrebonne. Little did I know what was to come.

First, we had a lot of stuff. Our old house is immense. Two stories tall, with a completely finished and furnished basement. Wanna know what the house was? Go rent The Whole Nine Yards. The house in which Bruce lives in the movie? Well, that's us. We had bought it 2 years after the movie had come out. We ended up with more than 100 boxes of varying sizes.

Then, later on, my back locked. Hard. Impossible to move for the morning, back pains for the afternoon, and no moving boxes around for a week. Meh. Mom said with a laugh that I had planned this from the beginning to save my lazy ass from work. =P

And then, on the 19th, the moving men come. It's raining. Hard. The freeway was an extreme kayaking run. The moving truck was too small, so we had to leave a bit of furniture behind. Not so bad though - the rest can fit on my half-bro's trailer anyways. Still a bitch. And then, to move everything into a smaller new house. My mom had a general idea of where to stick everything so giving directions was easy... until the basement sofas. Those things were custom-made pieces of hugeness able to crush a Hummer H1. They couldn't get those two sofas down the stairs. We removed the rails, still no go. Finally, the moving men tell us: "We can try some more, but that'll involve punching holes into the wall." We figured that it was already scratched by now, so we gave them the go. Unfortunately, the punch parks were right on the 2X4s, so as much as we could try, there was no way to fit those down the basement. We ended up putting them in the garage, and will call someone to see if we can disassemble them, take them down and rebuild them in the basement.

Next came unpacking and rebuilding. We rebuilt my bed, my new office desk, and mom's bed. Next, placing all the dishes and other important stuff, so while mom prepared the kitchen, I... started putting my computers back together. :D My uber l33t-unl33t compy setup shall be posted in Episode 2: The Ugliest Computer Setup Ever.

As if that wasn't enough, I started doing inflammation on both of my heels at once. During the 19th, I was forced to go digitigrade. A quick trip to the doc and a prescription later, the pain goes away. Yay!

We find out that our Internet hadn't transferred yet, so to get myself to sleep, I watch five episodes of Samurai Deeper Kyo. Yummy.

Today. I call my ISP because the Internet still isn't alive. The technician tells me to go modem only just to be sure. I tell him it used to work with the router anyways, but he tells me that it doesn't matter for now - maybe the router got hit during the move or something. Then I figure: I used my Sega Dreamcast's extra-long phone cord to get the DSL modem plugged. Maybe it wasn't good enough and I needed to plug that usual cord instead. So I reach behind my desk and check the splitter. One cord to the modem, one to the phone. One of them has a filter on, it's the phone. So I disconnect the line without the filter.

"It's brown? What the hell?!"

Quickly, I pick up my phone. The line is dead.

I realize I had mistakenly plugged my DSL modem along with the filter, instantly killing all attempts of connection possible. I do the switcheroo, put everything back together, and lo and behond, teh Internet's worky! The tech support dude didn't call back to find out why the line's been cut and I didn't have his post number anyways, so I gave up calling him to explain why he'd been cut off. Oh well. Too bad, since he was a really eager and nice guy. And for once, he wasn't a foreigner! :D Finally someone I could talk quickly to!

With that, my Internet is fixed. My computers are up and running and the breakers haven't tripped. Mom's temporarily using my TV, my receiver is all set, my TV piece of furniture is set. Once I get the TV back, I'll plug my Sega Dreamcast in there. Then, I'll order my new compy, and with that I'll be able to redo my computer layout and get a much cleaner and functional desk. Too bad though because I really feel like Lain, backed up into my little corner with two compies in front of my face. :) OK, so it's not custom liquid-cooled stuff but hey, it's a pretty sweet feeling.

More to come, bastiches!
That post was almost as long as it takes to move house.

Moving's a bitch. Fuck her.

</rant>