WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I haven't slept all night thanks to my parents...*twitch*

sugarsickness

Mericuhn in Straya
Yesterday had been great up until Kari and her boyfriend came over, until after the fireworks show in Poulsbo was over, until they started drinking. It's like one of those crazy stories... "they drank and drank and drank some more" ...and decided to keep their daughter up all night by playing music really loud and talking/laughing/slapping people quite loudly up until 5:30am. Yes. 5:30. A.M. And they were still fucking drinking!!! Sure, let's have some nice rum in coka cola at 5am, shall we? I asked them nicely, after tolerating their noise up until 5am, to be quiet because people are tired... they said YEAH SURE OKAY AMANDA GO TO BED... and then 16 minutes later, they were still super noisy, I was super pissed, cranky, tired... So I opened the door and yelled, "If you guys don't be quiet I'm going to call the fucking cops and complain about the noise," because I'm witty like that *rolls eyes* Sooo my dad runs up to my room, comes at me, tries to grab me, then slams my door in my face, knocking down the aol disks I have decorating my room... don't say anything.
Anyway, so I was crying, got dressed, took the keys, drove (without a license) to the area by the train tracks, cried for a half an hour after realizing I couldn't do anything because I don't want to be rude and deprive my friends of sleep, so I did the only other logical thing........Went to the circle K at the corner, got a coffee, and came home.....crying. Because I'm a girl. Shut it.

So um, came home just like five minutes ago... Dad's sitting there, "You have never done anything this extreme before, what made you do this, blah blah blah, have I ever deprived you of money or food or lost my job, blah blah blah..." And I'm just sitting there like, what the fuck... you acted like a little kid, throwing a tantrum because someone had the ability to ruin your fun. I told him (in a very 80's movie way, I might add... again, go me/i'm lame), that he had no right to discipline me, because of the state of mind he is in right now... of course, he was like, Durrrr yes i do, technically, blah blah blah, other nonsense shit inserted here. I finished off with something that was really good, sadly I don't remember what I said because I was/am super pissed still, went in my room, end of story.

Nowww they're tipping things over, dropping things on the floor, you know, things that you'd expect from a bunch of drunk douchebags. Sorry about the length. I just want to kill.

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
Sucks

That sucks. I've had that situation in the past with my Mum and her friends. But there's not much you can do about it... until you move out/go to college, whatever.

I s'pose you could talk to them when they've sobered up - perhaps when the hangover kicks in so they remember why they can't drink like they're in their twenties anymore!!! Or not. Maybe in a couple days at dinner just mention that you felt that it was very inconsiderate of them to keep you up all night - say that you're glad they still like to have a good time, but that this was a little excessive. Parents have every right to have a good time like that, but it sounds like your Dad went a little overboard. Parents can appreciate it when you level with them like an adult.

Hope it helps - but the real reason I replied is I gotta know about the AOL disks decorating your room! Pics please!

Cheers,

WTFN

sugarsickness

Mericuhn in Straya
WTFNation said:
That sucks. I've had that situation in the past with my Mum and her friends. But there's not much you can do about it... until you move out/go to college, whatever.

I s'pose you could talk to them when they've sobered up - perhaps when the hangover kicks in so they remember why they can't drink like they're in their twenties anymore!!! Or not. Maybe in a couple days at dinner just mention that you felt that it was very inconsiderate of them to keep you up all night - say that you're glad they still like to have a good time, but that this was a little excessive. Parents have every right to have a good time like that, but it sounds like your Dad went a little overboard. Parents can appreciate it when you level with them like an adult.

Hope it helps - but the real reason I replied is I gotta know about the AOL disks decorating your room! Pics please!

Cheers,

WTFN

Alright, here you go. The picture turned out weird, it looks like my walls are dirty, haha.

There's not that many, but that's because I got lazy, ha...

magnolia

Postaholic
That sucks. My parents dont really drink. My dad does sometimes, but he can't tollerate it so well, so he's puking after a couple of beers. When ur parents pass out from lack of sleep and the alcohol just put in a movie and crash.

sugarsickness

Mericuhn in Straya
magnolia said:
That sucks. My parents dont really drink. My dad does sometimes, but he can't tollerate it so well, so he's puking after a couple of beers. When ur parents pass out from lack of sleep and the alcohol just put in a movie and crash.
Eh yeah that's pretty much what I did after they fell asleep... went in the tv room and started watching movies... wooo.

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
sugarsickness said:
Alright, here you go. The picture turned out weird, it looks like my walls are dirty, haha.

<Image of AOL CDs finally put to good use>

There's not that many, but that's because I got lazy, ha...

NICE!

WTFN

sugarsickness said:
[Image of AOL disks]
Thats some interesting decoration you got there. It'd be quite trippy if you could cover your entire wall with them :thumbsup:

Paris

Space Monkey
Nice AOL Collection.

Sorry to see that you too suffer from the parent problem. I am just glad that mine has gotton to old to do such acts, and I no longer allow them to buy beer. All I have to do is say.. Mum you have MS.. you know you can't do that.. and its the end of the story, and I can sleep good for another night.

sugarsickness

Mericuhn in Straya
Dragonfly said:
Thats some interesting decoration you got there. It'd be quite trippy if you could cover your entire wall with them :thumbsup:
Oh man...I was so going to do that...

sugarsickness

Mericuhn in Straya
Paris said:
Nice AOL Collection.

Sorry to see that you too suffer from the parent problem. I am just glad that mine has gotton to old to do such acts, and I no longer allow them to buy beer. All I have to do is say.. Mum you have MS.. you know you can't do that.. and its the end of the story, and I can sleep good for another night.
You, my friend, are incredibly lucky

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
I hope that Jesus license plate is a fucking joke. Oh, and your parents suck. Tie them up and soak them in your bathtub. Put Liquid-Plumr in forst. Helps.

sugarsickness

Mericuhn in Straya
screw_ball said:
I hope that Jesus license plate is a fucking joke. Oh, and your parents suck. Tie them up and soak them in your bathtub. Put Liquid-Plumr in forst. Helps.
Haha. yeah, the jesus license plate is a joke... so no worries.

DJ_Arashi

Flame Bait
Ouch >>;; Uh... yeah. I'm going to go with the talk-to-them-after-they-sober-up idea. Though I don't know your parents, so I can't really say for sure if that'll make a difference.

Hey, and the crying thing's no big deal ^_^;; I understand.

Also, the CD's rule :D

sugarsickness

Mericuhn in Straya
DJ_Arashi said:
Ouch >>;; Uh... yeah. I'm going to go with the talk-to-them-after-they-sober-up idea. Though I don't know your parents, so I can't really say for sure if that'll make a difference.

Hey, and the crying thing's no big deal ^_^;; I understand.

Also, the CD's rule :D
Thanks about the cd's... yeah, the talk-to-them-after-they-sober-up isn't working so well... My mom is fine with it.... she understands. But my dad... He's like, "I don't have to listen to my teenage daughter, when you get old enough to have your own house and your own job then you can have your own parties, are you saying i have no right to have an all night party...blahblahblah" He doesn't seem to grasp the concept of "sleep" and "people need it".

He just keeps going back to the whole, "It's my house I can do whatever I want" thing, not even acknowledging the existance of the whole, "let's let other people in the house sleep" thing.

Meh. Parents suck. Haha.

one o my friends

yeah sugarsick i know what u mean by the whole "its my house" thing. One of my best friends had an asshole stepdad who basically pulled the same stunt. Basically my friend just tolerated it and then the next time he got drunk he exploded. After causing my friend(who is a guy, 16 as of right now) to cry after telling him hes a "worthless little shit on society's ass" and that he "wants him to go away and never come back" my friend gave his stepdad the finger and left. I mean he came back after spending the night at my house but...I dunno the point is to let him cool off for a few days, if that doesn't work, tell him he needs to chill out, rack out at a friends place, and enjoy the night away from all that clutter.

Not that I expect that story to help, im just trying to tell u u aren't alone hehehe.