WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I haven't slept all night.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I got an hour between 10 and 11, I couldn't get back to sleep, so I downed a couple Dormin (Tylenol PM minus the Tylenol), and three Benadryl.

So the Dormin sucked ass, as I expected, and I got zero sleep. I COULDN'T drift off. I could get to that point but get nothing, and lose, GOOD DAY SIR!

Shit.

hey im up too listening to techno and playing quake. its gross i know.

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
Descent said:
I got an hour between 10 and 11, I couldn't get back to sleep, so I downed a couple Dormin (Tylenol PM minus the Tylenol), and three Benadryl.

So the Dormin sucked ass, as I expected, and I got zero sleep. I COULDN'T drift off. I could get to that point but get nothing, and lose, GOOD DAY SIR!

Shit.
If I can’t sleep, I go for a run. You probably aren’t physically exerting yourself enough, that’s the tendency with computer jobs. Your mind may be tired, but your body is full of energy. Tire your body out and stay away from the caffeine. Works better than any of that pill shit.

[EDIT] If it’s your mind that can't stop buzzing, try having your TV on no channel, just snow with the volume on. White noise is supposed to help you sleep. Something to do with the sounds you hear as a baby in your mother's womb, it comforts.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
Descent said:

Shit.
have you thought about stepping away from the video game? :D

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
You probobly will be able to drift off now that your not supposed to be sleeping anymore. I think that you may be subject to the age-old oxymorons "I HAVE to sleep" and "I MUST relax."

Aside from that: Insomnia's a bitch isn't it?

Descent

Hella Constipated
Holy shit, I got to sleep at 5:00AM and I feel great!

Darklight said:
have you thought about stepping away from the video game? :D
I was wayyyyyy too tired to do that last night.
Rei said:
You probobly will be able to drift off now that your not supposed to be sleeping anymore. I think that you may be subject to the age-old oxymorons "I HAVE to sleep" and "I MUST relax."

Aside from that: Insomnia's a bitch isn't it?
Yeah, I figured out how to sleep long ago, the fucking Dormin just kept me from hitting that stage.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
this is advice in general, not specifcly for descent..

i find that some good sex followed by about two pages of a book (not comedy though, too stimulating) nearly always gets me to sleep.. even in the afternoon..

cola etc should be included with the coffee, no real reason to drink either after noon unless you're driving long distance or studying.

check your meds instructions, some prevent sleep under certain circumstances.

stress.. what can i say? stress fucks everything up, including healthy sleep.
sweet deams..

Fuck a bunch of Nyquil and all those artificial sleep aides. If you need to get some sleep and are having problems drifting off take a melatonin. If I really want to crash hard I'll chew up a 5mg melatonin and it puts me OUT. Plus it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling when you're drifting off, it's awesome. The good thing is melatonin is what your brain naturally produces to make you sleepy.
For general usage get the 2mg or don't chew the 5mg otherwise you'll be groggy in the am.

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
Sit towards the computer untill 2 am and then leave it. You'll be tired as hell.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
If you can't sleep and can't physically exert yourself, like ride a bike or go for a run, you need to calm your mind. Masturbation.

King Goldfish

Banned - What an Asshat!
Descent said:

Shit.
See a doctor about Xanax. Not only will you sleep, you will have some really awesome dreams with it.

King Goldfish

Banned - What an Asshat!
Piro said:
If I can’t sleep, I go for a run. You probably aren’t physically exerting yourself enough, that’s the tendency with computer jobs. Your mind may be tired, but your body is full of energy. Tire your body out and stay away from the caffeine. Works better than any of that pill shit.

[EDIT] If it’s your mind that can't stop buzzing, try having your TV on no channel, just snow with the volume on. White noise is supposed to help you sleep. Something to do with the sounds you hear as a baby in your mother's womb, it comforts.

Umm, Anyone who excersizes knows that Taking a run or doing any kind of arobics is the fastest way to wiring you out that much more. You go running and it takes at least 5 hours to wind it down.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Actually, you're right. Chamomille tea is calm and relaxing...but definitely masturbating. Oh, or drinking. Wine can do it.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
watching excessive 24 hr news channels can get you to wired too..

avoid politics

i dunno about u descent but if i watch some kind of politics it wires me and i start arguing with connie chung through the tv. stay away from that stuff. the best thing is to go out and buy some Tazo Chai (black tea) from any store, mix with some milk, no sugar and it may calm you down. but try gettin to sleep soon after u drink it. the tea will calm you down, then wire you if u wait too long.

gummi_

Tenderony
I disagree Goldfish... after physical exercise i sleep like a rock.

Just yesterday i went for a 30minute ride... and when i went to sleep that night, i really went to sleep... took me ages to get out of bed, even with the alarm.

I suppose to each their own though, different bodies have different quirks.

luciadmc2

Flame Bait
Diddling myself does the trick, but that fake shit don't even do shit, I would survive on three hours of sleep in three days back in my day, it sucked but shit happens sometimes, but if you are stressing on it constantly then you won't sleep and then life gets icky

jamesp

In Memory...
King Goldfish said:
Umm, Anyone who excersizes knows that Taking a run or doing any kind of arobics is the fastest way to wiring you out that much more. You go running and it takes at least 5 hours to wind it down.
Actually, after a nice day of Navy physical training, Im quite ready to go to sleep. I agree with whoever said that taking a run would help.