WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

i just don't get it..

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
this is a thread for you to find an answer to something that you just don't understand but is otherwise difficult to research..
example: why the fuck is the movie 'garden state' so popular? i have no idea, i'm sure it must have something i missed.. likewise 'napolean dynamite'..

hopefully someone will answer your question, maybe a few people will.. it doesn't have to be immediately, doesn't have to be the next poster.. we might have 10 questions in a row and then one dark, stormy night they all get answered..
view this as a information source.

my question, the thing that is confusing me today..

why do we wrap presents? we don't have to put them out under a tree in our house, we could hide them.. why wrap?

God damnit, am I seeing two people bash Napoleon Dynamite on the same day? You can all go to hell.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
TheLampIncident said:
God damnit, am I seeing two people bash Napoleon Dynamite on the same day? You can all go to hell.
is that your question?

Lampy said:
I just don't get it, why doesn't everyone like Napolean Dynamite?
well lampy, maybe they all have different reasons but personally it was difficult to look at the fuzzy haired guys face for any length of time.. plus the movie suffers from overhype.

squeeze_me

Fuck me in the gotaz.
why do so many people think that raddiohead is awsome?

THEY SUCK!

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
squeeze_me said:

THEY SUCK!
because they want to appear cool, elite and intellectual.. all of which radiohead deliver by the truckload if you think you are the first/only person to ever hear of this thrilling new band..

there was a pic circulating recently on the webnets of britney spears opening a cd in her car.. a radiohead cd.. :D

Jack

Personable
Radiohead used to amazing. They got too progressive for me.

At least Portman was in Garden State.

void said:
why the fuck is the movie 'garden state' so popular? i have no idea, i'm sure it must have something i missed.. likewise 'napolean dynamite'..
Napolean Dynamite= Some useless, inborn tendency that urges us to root for the underdog? Or We have become too lazy to follow even the most dimwitted storyline. Garden State= Almost the same principle, but with much higher demand for emotional participation from the audience.
Personal Opinion: Garden State *yes
Napolean Dynomite *seriously nauseating

Swid

Mentally Incarcerated
Garden State was an awesome movie. Napoleon Dynamite was one of the stupidest movies ever made.

I think alot of people can relate to Garden State indirectly, like I do. Many people just think that the title was directed at New Jersy, where it was located, but I think that it was the mental state he was in. A falsely peaceful state. I thought it an incredible movie.

Wrapping paper is just a waste of money and trees, so is Christmas itself. I've made a pact with my friend that were going to celebrate every holiday a week later.. Sales galore.

Why do almost all movies these days have cigarette/pot smokers?

I..............haven't seen either movie.....Which one should I see? Whichever movie gets the most votes I'll see....

Ooops... Was that my bad? Anyway, I don't understand people who HAVE GOT to be on the god-damned phone every second of everyday! During a routine trip to the conveinence store recently, I stood in line behind some self-absorbed debutante who refused to insert a break in her conversation, long enough to actually interact with and/or complete a very simple transaction with the store clerk. I was patient and even amused by the ridiculous little scene...But when the clerk made his 3rd attempt at verifing her purchase amount and pump # only to be met again with one bony, dismissive finger held in the air.... I lost it.
I disregaurded all manners, and boundaries. I did it, people... I straight snatched the bitch's phone out of her hand, closed it and placed it gently on the countertop. I have never felt less ghetto, or more liberated in my life. Apparently she could see the "Crunk" in my eyes because she finished her business grabbed her wretched little technology and went to her car. I'm glad it turned out that way, no fist brawl or drama.... It could have gotten ugly, quickly...Later I felt like a total ass, and I was... But WTF?! When did human beings develop this NEED to be in constant touch with one another?! And for what actual PURPOSE?!

squeeze_me said:

THEY SUCK!
Because some peoples taste in music is different then yours. They like how they sound.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Swid said:
Why do almost all movies these days have cigarette/pot smokers?
the largest demographic for moviegoers is teenage boys.
teenage boys still consider smoking dried plants to be 'cool'.
they get turned on if women smoke.
they feel 'leet' if they understand the weed humor.

most other people don't even notice it anymore.

why do people live so far from the equator, i'm thinking scandinavia/canada/alaska/russia.. obviously people settle there now for jobs but back when we were nomadic hunter gatherers why did tribes settle where it is so inhospitable?

Siryus

Internet=Siryus business.
I have A question, why does everone think that if your christian you automaticly are a repblician, and like Gorge Bush, and try to press intelligent design on everone? Yes I know Gorge Bush says he's christian, but that doesn't mean all christians are like him.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Siryus said:
I have A question, why does everone think that if your christian you automaticly are a repblician, and like Gorge Bush, and try to press intelligent design on everone? Yes I know Gorge Bush says he's christian, but that doesn't mean all christians are like him.
Because everyone who judges others accuses others of judging them. Athiests accuse of us creating a group think society, we accuse athiests of demoralizing America. The sooner the world wakes up and realizes that your personal spiritual beliefs do not dictate your morality, the sooner America will get over all this bullshit. Personally, I dont care if you believe or not, but dont dislike me because I believe.

Here's a question:

Why the hell does a 20 oz. bottle of soda cost more than a 2 liter bottle??

Siryus

Internet=Siryus business.
dustinzgirl said:
Because everyone who judges others accuses others of judging them. Athiests accuse of us creating a group think society, we accuse athiests of demoralizing America. The sooner the world wakes up and realizes that your personal spiritual beliefs do not dictate your morality, the sooner America will get over all this bullshit. Personally, I dont care if you believe or not, but dont dislike me because I believe.
Best

I am putting the last sentence in my signature!

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
zoloftcasserole said:
Here's a question:

Why the hell does a 20 oz. bottle of soda cost more than a 2 liter bottle??
there are so many bubbles in a 2 liter bottle that there's hardly any room for actual liquid, hence less soda, less money..
i think that's right.. :happysad:

Two liter bottles of soda don't end up in vending machines, which require maintenance, I guess.