WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I just owned myself

Descent

Hella Constipated
I just spent $47 on a Chaintech board I didn't need.

It turns out that my old ASRock DOES work.

Stupid fucking me! I replaced the CMOS battery and it juiced right up!

I'm such a dumbass.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Damn, I thought you guys would get a kick out of this, knowing me as "The Hardware Guru" and all...

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Did you already take it out of the box? Did you take the battery out of the Chaintech and put it in your old board? Just get another battery and sell that shit...

Jung

???
Premium
Descent said:
Damn, I thought you guys would get a kick out of this, knowing me as "The Hardware Guru" and all...
Well, if you're asking: hahaha!

Seriously though, just Ebay it.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Hells no! I'm keeping this thing.

I needed an mATX board, but that was in the future. By about four months. This board is ideal for my needs.

tzedek

Original Member
Descent said:
I just spent $47 on a Chaintech board I didn't need.

It turns out that my old ASRock DOES work.

Stupid fucking me! I replaced the CMOS battery and it juiced right up!

I'm such a dumbass.

wow thats big surprise, knowing you. :D

is that the dual board you are talking about?

Descent

Hella Constipated
I am a guru, I tried replacing the battery three times, and then it worked.

The battery from my dual board juiced it up...This thing is like Shallow Hal when it comes to batteries. Less than 2.9v, and it won't post.

The other batteries were from an FIC VA-503+ and a Trigem Cognac Intel i810 HP OEM board. The ASRock didn't like those.

tzedek

Original Member
FUCKORBEFUCKED said:
How does a "HARDWARE GURU" get owned so many times? :)

oh, the ironing. In reality he has no clue abut hardware its quite funny. I remember he told me to get some power supply, it was like powmax or some shit and I googled it and all i found was info about how crappy they were and to avoid them.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Dude, I never recommended you a Powmax. It was an MGE.

Also, that was [H]ardOCP, who have not updated their "Good and Bad" list in years.

Read the reviews for the Vigor 500w PSU...It's amazing. MGE is also releasing the world's most powerful fanless PSU in two days, the MGE Magnum 600w. It has modular cables and everything.

I think a stock 500w MGE PSU speaks for itself when it weighs five pounds, and can power a Dual CPU rig without a hiccup.

Jung

???
Premium
I figured since you were talking about [H], you'd konw about GenMay. I guess not though, nevermind.

tzedek

Original Member
Descent said:
Firguratively speaking, Mr. Giant Douche.

So 44 days "Firguratively" is years? I guess i didnt get the memo