WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I just realized why fast zombies are real fucking scary.

Stardust

How am I still alive
Premium
Because they’re humans 2.0!

The thing humans have always had an advantage over other animals, is endurance. We can (could atleast) outwalk any animal, they’d collapse of exhaustion or overheat. We? We’d just stroll up and use our superior weapons (pointy stick). That’s how we survived and evolved into the most fearsome aggressive cancer apex predator this planet has ever seen.

Enter the fast zombie, we aint got shit on those. They literally never tire, they don’t need to piss, shit or sleep. That’s why they’re so goddamn scary. Walking zombies? Eh, we’ll just powerwalk until they can’t see us. Running zombies? Oh shit, we ded.

• 1Helpful
Reactions: YogurtExplosion

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
But consider this. A Zombie's primary food source is also it's most robust predator. Every time a zombie needs to eat, it needs to go toe to toe with a smarter more well armed version of itself. Fast zombies still can't out run a bullet or an armoured vehicle equipped with an improvised 200bhp flail.

• 1WTF!?

Stardust

How am I still alive
Premium
Oh yeah, honestly I think we’d kill the zombos pretty quick. Sure, some cities may fall but most will prevail. Most of the zombie movies/series are riddled with idiots and lack any sort of critical thinking. Even here where guns aren’t as plentiful, we’d just mow em down one way or other.

One thing though, a zombie rarely needs to eat, they don't really starve. They just have a primal urge. Then there’s the whole thing if zombies eat flesh or brains.

Oh and the contagion, is it by blood, air or bite?

• 1Agree

YogurtExplosion

Sniper Wolf
Fast running zombies are scary because they can quickly kill us. We need to be very cautious to avoid being killed by them. It's survival.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Stardust

Stardust

How am I still alive
Premium
@YogurtExplosion thats why I’ve never really gotten the “oh noo, zombies shuffling towards! We better run and trip over nothing” , the initial spread and people infecting others in tight spaces I get, but after that? Traps, powerwalking, bicycling, long pointysticks, they wouldn’t be a problem for long.

My view might also be skewed as we’re a hermit nation, so a big herd here would be like..10people. Also our country is about ~80% forest so they’d just get lost and die.

• 1Helpful

Myzyri

Hoodrat
That's why you always double tap, especially going for the knees. That way they're not so fast any more. Running zombies is terrifying. Fast crawling zombies, I can handle.

Myzyri

Hoodrat
Could you imagine a fast ass crawler?! I'd fucking die. My need for observations would get me killed. I'd be the dumbass that tripped over something trying to look at it and not where I'm going.

• 1Agree