I know you all have been waiting for this post!

BlastemSkyHigh

The Original Fuck You Bomb
Premium
So, is it OK to laugh at Trump’s news that he has the Coronavirus?

My recommendation: Nope, not OK.

Come on, get a grip. Even in a raucously irreverent age, the acids of modern politics haven’t corroded decency entirely.
Surely you aren’t that far gone?
An even better reason is prudential. The morning did offer new evidence that the gods have a sense of humor.
But mortals err if we think we know who the real target of their humor is.
Perhaps they haven’t yet decided themselves, and want to judge the reactions before writing the next act in the comedy.

In fact, it was a common theme of Trump foes I heard from this morning that they weren’t sure the coronavirus announcement was on the level.
Might this be some kind of cynical election gambit?

He’s faking it to divert attention from his wifes comments about the children, or the debate to help craft a comeback narrative.
The people spinning these scenarios were not entirely serious, but also not entirely not serious. That’s how disoriented and disbelieving many Americans have become when outlandish assertions are regularly made from the White House podium by Trump and surrogates.

If taunting laughter is out of bounds, however, the moment doesn’t necessarily require the opposite reaction. If people aren’t feeling the gravity of this twist of fate there doesn’t seem to be any reason they should feign that they are. Yes, a sensitivity to basic good manners and an awareness that political adversaries and their families are human has been a norm of politics. Was Trump respecting that norm at Tuesday’s debate when he sneeringly mentioned, in an irrelevant aside, Hunter Biden’s drug problems?

Can you only imagine what the president and his clan would say if Mr.Biden or Miss.Pelosi were infected with the coronavirus? ..imagine if you will.

It also seems entirely fair to ponder the nature of fairness and fate, as it applies both to political leaders and the country they aspire to lead. “Karma’s a bitch,” goes the cliché, a phrase which even produced its own reality television show in which victims seek revenge against bullies, ex-lovers, and con artists who have done them wrong.

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
I hope the whole of DC gets sick.

Bunch of over paid crazy psychopaths. If only we could be so lucky that both Trump AND Pelosi got the coof and ceased awakening again.

• 1Beer
  • 1WTF!?
Reactions: 1 users

Templar

Accept no substitutes!
So, is it OK to laugh at Trump’s news that he has the Coronavirus?

My recommendation: Nope, not OK.

Come on, get a grip. Even in a raucously irreverent age, the acids of modern politics haven’t corroded decency entirely.
Surely you aren’t that far gone?
An even better reason is prudential. The morning did offer new evidence that the gods have a sense of humor.
But mortals err if we think we know who the real target of their humor is.
Perhaps they haven’t yet decided themselves, and want to judge the reactions before writing the next act in the comedy.

In fact, it was a common theme of Trump foes I heard from this morning that they weren’t sure the coronavirus announcement was on the level.
Might this be some kind of cynical election gambit?

He’s faking it to divert attention from his wifes comments about the children, or the debate to help craft a comeback narrative.
The people spinning these scenarios were not entirely serious, but also not entirely not serious. That’s how disoriented and disbelieving many Americans have become when outlandish assertions are regularly made from the White House podium by Trump and surrogates.

If taunting laughter is out of bounds, however, the moment doesn’t necessarily require the opposite reaction. If people aren’t feeling the gravity of this twist of fate there doesn’t seem to be any reason they should feign that they are. Yes, a sensitivity to basic good manners and an awareness that political adversaries and their families are human has been a norm of politics. Was Trump respecting that norm at Tuesday’s debate when he sneeringly mentioned, in an irrelevant aside, Hunter Biden’s drug problems?

Can you only imagine what the president and his clan would say if Mr.Biden or Miss.Pelosi were infected with the coronavirus? ..imagine if you will.

It also seems entirely fair to ponder the nature of fairness and fate, as it applies both to political leaders and the country they aspire to lead. “Karma’s a bitch,” goes the cliché, a phrase which even produced its own reality television show in which victims seek revenge against bullies, ex-lovers, and con artists who have done them wrong.
People on both sides make me sick. I hear people suggesting to my wife that key senators were infected so that they can't vote on the SCOTUS nomination. :confused: I find it hard not to consider it, seeing that dirty, politics and corruption seem to be the way now... but I have to hope that the "powers that be" have more scruples that something like that.

• 2Like

Dark Fader

[]D [] []V[] []D
It's about the funniest, and humiliating, irony I've ever witnessed.
My GF and I kinda feel he would benefit from a swift kick in his arrogant nuts though.

I mean, Imagine if he got so sick, and was on his deathbed, waiting for the end. Then he miraculously survives, and found a new outlook on life, politics, his marriage even?
He needs something to check his Pride, dude has been living on Twitter like a troll under the King's bridge long enough.

But, to your fine point @BlastemSkyHigh
... You are right, society has lost any value for life.
When 'I told you so' outweighs 'i hope you are ok', you know we've lost all righteousness.

• 2Like

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
I suppose that's an easy stance when things are working well for you. As for the rest of us... we are certainly feeling rulership.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Some don't believe Individual Number One ever had it, especially if he is truly being discharged after only an extended weekend.

• 1LOL
Reactions: 1 user

Danni

Forever Sleepy
Premium
I'm exhausted by both sides at this point to where I just don't want to feel anything about any of it anymore.

• 3Agree
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

vistascan

They're out to get me
US politics is such a shitshow that it would come as no surprise to find out - possibly from some cash grab of a book published by a former aide - that 45 never had the virus at all. It was just some stunt to get some sympathy votes from the undecideds.

• 1Disagree
Reactions: 1 user

Templar

Accept no substitutes!
Some don't believe Individual Number One ever had it, especially if he is truly being discharged after only an extended weekend.
No matter which way someone will claim something. Either he had it and he "deserved it" and they "hope he dies," or he faked it for sympathy. The media and the haters out there have a scenario set up in every instance to make the guy look bad. I, for one, really think these weak-minded lemmings are disgusting already.