WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I must learn

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Okay.

I have decided that the only way I can be a changer of the world is to excell in everything I do. To excell one must have knowledge.

In my crusade to gain knowledge and to spread knowledge, I have decided that learning by experience is the best way. To teach and to learn by teaching is the best way to gain knowledge and spread it at the same time.

So please, ask me any question. I will do my best to answer it as wisely as possible. Thank you.

Jung

???
Premium
Icarus said:
So please, ask me any question. I will do my best to answer it as wisely as possible. Thank you.
Sure, I have but a few.

1. Perhaps you can explain what the Myhill-Nerode theorem or pumping lemma are saying about regular vs. irregular languages.
  2. I'd like to hear your thoughts on Naive set theory.
  3. Explain f(n) = O(g(n))
  4. Describe the difference between m, O(m) and O(m2), as it would apply to a trie.
  5. Explain finite and infinite state machines, and possibly state automation. (the latter being less important.)
No rush here; tackle these at your leisure.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
If a woodchuck could chuck wood, it would depend on what application he needed it for. Assuming that a woodchuck would use said wood for the purpose of lodging, like a beaver, then it would use as much wood as needed to build its dam. Beaver dams can be up to 1,500 feet across and up to 6 feet high. Beavers also must chew wood to keep their teeth from getting too long, as they grow four to six inches each year. So, I don't have an exact figure, but I'd imagine a woodchuck would chuck a lot of wood.

Thank you for helping me.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
junglizm said:
Sure, I have but a few.

1. Perhaps you can explain what the Myhill-Nerode theorem or pumping lemma are saying about regular vs. irregular languages.
  2. I'd like to hear your thoughts on Naive set theory.
  3. Explain f(n) = O(g(n))
  4. Describe the difference between m, O(m) and O(m2), as it would apply to a trie.
  5. Explain finite and infinite state machines, and possibly state automation. (the latter being less important.)
No rush here; tackle these at your leisure.
I cannot answer tonight but I will do my best to research tomorrow and over the weekend. I understand that you have intentionally set very daunting tasks for me, which is no problem because I aim to be dauntless.

Icarus said:
If a woodchuck could chuck wood, it would depend on what application he needed it for. Assuming that a woodchuck would use said wood for the purpose of lodging, like a beaver, then it would use as much wood as needed to build its dam. Beaver dams can be up to 1,500 feet across and up to 6 feet high. Beavers also must chew wood to keep their teeth from getting too long, as they grow four to six inches each year. So, I don't have an exact figure, but I'd imagine a woodchuck would chuck a lot of wood.

Thank you for helping me.

That was actually a pretty good answer. :thumbsup:

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Eastside said:
I'm not poking fun here, which came first: the chicken or the egg?
Well, neither. The chicken was hatched from an egg, but the chicken was an embryo inside the egg the whole time. It was not a full-blown chicken but it was the makings of a chicken. However the whole argument that one needs a chicken to have a chicken egg, and one needs a chicken egg to have a chicken, is easily settled. A chicken formed from a long succession of genetic mutations occuring during fertilization of an egg. Evolution is a gradual mutation, not a one-shot deal. So you at once had both the chicken and the egg.

If a woodchuck could chuck wood, it would depend on what application he needed it for
HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! :p

What is that little thing above the cuticle of your fingernail thats a different color than the rest of the fingernail??

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Please be more specific. I don't know what "thing above the cuticle" you're talking about.

Below the cuticle, I meant. You know, push the cuticle back, maybe you'll see it better. Its pink.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
This one is from the realm of physics. Simple at first but the deeper you dig, the more complex it gets.

Light. Is it composed of waves or particles?

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Okay, last one before I go to sleep tonight (I probably won't sleep for the second time in a row).

The current positions, speeds, and trajectories of the galaxies suggest that they all must have come from the same spot, or a spot very close together. The theory suggest that the universe was once a miniscule dot of matter at infinite density, and that some crazy turn of events triggered a massive explosion of sorts that expelled all the matter out into the universe. At this point in time there was an equal amount of matter and anti matter in the universe, and when matter and anti matter met they'd annihiliate. Eventually, though, some of the anti-matter decayed into regular matter, and this created an imbalance so that when all of the anti-matter was gone, there was still regular matter. That leftover regular matter is what we think makes up the world today.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
UberSkippy said:
This one is from the realm of physics. Simple at first but the deeper you dig, the more complex it gets.

Light. Is it composed of waves or particles?
I know I already said that that was the last one but this one's a snap.

The answer is both. Light functions both as waves and as particles. It's interchangeable depending on what purpose you want to serve.

Other than that it's anyone's guess.

Okay, I'll be back answering more questions tomorrow. Thank you everyone.

Jung

???
Premium
St.Anger said:
Below the cuticle, I meant. You know, push the cuticle back, maybe you'll see it better. Its pink.
Um, I think that IS the cuticle...

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
junglizm said:
Um, I think that IS the cuticle...
Ya, its actually a lack of zinc in your system to produce dense fingernail material, thus the miscolored part. Next question.