WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I need a 35mm Camera.

Slacker

Postaholic
I need a camera under 75 dollars that is 35mm or more. Plus it has to have film and it can't be digital camera that hooks up to a computer. If you know what a good camera is compared to a bad camera can you tell me.

Here is a camera I found on Ebay and I was wondering if it was a good camera. If you know of a camera site that has all the things I need Please tell me.

Brand Name: Olympus
Type of Product: Film Camera 35mm
Model Number: is-3DXL
Extras: ED / 35 -180 ED High Resolution Lens

Ebay said:
This camera is in very good condition. On the lens it says Olympus Lens AF Zoom 35- 180mm 1:4.5-5.6 ED-High Resolution Lens 55mm Japan.

The revolutionary film camera by Olympus that redefined photography. The IS-3DLX represents a new category of camera. No need to fumble around changing lenses or flash equipment to get that once in a lifetime shot because everything you need is right there. Easy to use features including a 35 to 180mm 5X zoom lens constructed of ED glass for superior clarity, programmed exposure plus seven creative exposure modes, spot metering and more. Flash also ingeniously integrated into the body of the camera and hidden away when not in use. All in a compact, ergonomic design to give you the power to capture more photographic possibilities than ever before.
Here is a picture of it:

skwabari_shtcak

sugar daddies welcome
My mom bought this really expensive Vivitar camera and I have a cheap $12 camera from Sears that I bought 5 years ago and it takes better pictures than hers. So I don't think it's name brand or anything, it's what you intend to use it for and the film you use.

Slacker

Postaholic
skwabari_shtcak said:
My mom bought this really expensive Vivitar camera and I have a cheap $12 camera from Sears that I bought 5 years ago and it takes better pictures than hers. So I don't think it's name brand or anything, it's what you intend to use it for and the film you use.
Yes, but this is For photography Next year so I need something worth while.

skwabari_shtcak

sugar daddies welcome
Well if it's for photography class, then the camera you posted will be good. As long as you have zoom, helps for the pictures of little things that you'll have to take and I didn't notice if it had a special feature for movement. That would be helpful too.

Jung

???
Premium
Check Amazon.com, look for anything from Olympus, Nikon or Canon. I can't give specific models though, since everything is about digital now-days.

www.camerareview.com might be worth a look too.

Slacker

Postaholic
junglizm said:
Check Amazon.com, look for anything from Olympus, Nikon or Canon. I can't give specific models though, since everything is about digital now-days.

www.camerareview.com might be worth a look too.
Thanks It can be digital as long as it has film that can be developed. It can't be one that goes through a computer.

Jung

???
Premium

Slacker

Postaholic
junglizm said:
http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/4566-6501_16-0.html?filter=100021_10061970_

It's ZDNET( :rolleyes: ), but they showcase some pretty good digital cameras.

That's the $100 - $200 range, and honestly, you're not going to find anything worthwhile for under $150 anyways. I'd be looking at the Olympus D series and Canon PowerShot lines in that review.
It can have all that digital stuff as long as It can develope film.

Like this:

Jung

???
Premium
I guess I misunderstood you then, sorry.

can != can't

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
I think i know what you need, if this is for a photo class. My sister was in a class like that and bought this 10 year old canon. She still has it, and swears buy the price and amount of parts for it. I swear she has like 30 lenses for the damn thing. she can take black and wight and lots of stuff with it. I'll call hear and ask her what it is and see if i can find out what she's got. BTW she A+ that class.

Slacker

Postaholic
junglizm said:
I guess I misunderstood you then, sorry.

can != can't
Everthing now-a-days is digital. I have a digital camera but i need a Film camera for developing the film in the water stuff.

Jung

???
Premium
I know what you meant now, your use of 'can' confused me though. :happysad:

Slacker

Postaholic
You sure that you don't have anything? Cause you are really smart at this stuff.

I got a old about camera over 13 years old, it got dropped in the ocean and it still works but the pictures come out shitty and Dark. It's called a Zoomcam. But, I nead a new one.

leehype

I'm still trying to get ahold of my sister but what was the camera that you droped in the ocean. It might only need to be cleaned as the shutter will be heavy if it has salt deposits on it.

Slacker

Postaholic
leehype said:
I'm still trying to get ahold of my sister but what was the camera that you droped in the ocean. It might only need to be cleaned as the shutter will be heavy if it has salt deposits on it.
It got dropped 7 or 8 years ago. We got it cleaned 3 times to the cleanest possible. But the pictures turn out faded or messed up. It won't do for the class. (It's advance Photography and you need to bring your own camera.)

leehype

Yeah and my sister was in that class, I had to replace the shutter in her canon once cause sometimes it would take dark pictures and other times it would look like half a picture or something. No one would try though, and it took me like 10 min to replace the damn thing. 4 years and the thing is working like it was new, no luck with my sister yet(she's harder to get ahold of than me) but im looking on ebay for something you should look in to. And some advice for pictures, one of my sisters best pictures was this one where my car was parked buy some stairs and my headlights were on and i threw dust at my car as my sister took a picture. that was her final. She had to make great use of light.

Jung

???
Premium
Linksy said:
You sure that you don't have anything? Cause you are really smart at this stuff.
I'm not a master at everything electronic, you know. ;)

Go to the review site I linked you to, Google for others. Or, just go to Wal-Mart/Best Buy/whatever and buy a camera for $100. You don't really need anything top of the line for your class. In fact, putting even this much effort into researching probably already puts you ahead of most people in your class.

Slacker

Postaholic
leehype said:
Yeah and my sister was in that class, I had to replace the shutter in her canon once cause sometimes it would take dark pictures and other times it would look like half a picture or something. No one would try though, and it took me like 10 min to replace the damn thing. 4 years and the thing is working like it was new, no luck with my sister yet(she's harder to get ahold of than me) but im looking on ebay for something you should look in to. And some advice for pictures, one of my sisters best pictures was this one where my car was parked buy some stairs and my headlights were on and i threw dust at my car as my sister took a picture. that was her final. She had to make great use of light.
I was bidding for a really good camera (so I thought) and it got way exspensive just for a class.

Slacker

Postaholic
junglizm said:
I'm not a master at everything electronic, you know. ;)

Go to the review site I linked you to, Google for others. Or, just go to Wal-Mart/Best Buy/whatever and buy a camera for $100. You don't really need anything top of the line for your class.
Sorry double post.

Thats what i might do.