WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I need everyone to reply to this - I'm very, very worried.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Okay, so that girl that I am starting to love has been very good friends with this guy from Britain and all - I knew this since I first talked to her.

Alright...So anyway, I knew that she was going to visit him. But I didn't know it was this Friday - the same day I leave for Cleveland! Shit! I haven't even had her over yet! I haven't been able to because my room is such a fucking mess!

Alright, so anyway, this British dude is very cool, I've talked to him using The Interwebnets, and he also told my best friend that "he cannot wait to meet you, he says you're a fucking riot." Like I've said, my best friend's sister is the girl I love.

So she's gone for two weeks with him, but there's a lull till December until he is able to move here and attend college. He said it could be August but it's almost impossible.

But I think I have a few key advantages - We were both children of abuse, and no, it wasn't sexual. For her it was unintenional, at home, and for me it was at school. I would go in depth with her, but honestly I just can't. Lemme put it this way - my best friend never told me, and never even hinted. And I can't really view them the same since. I was crying really hard when I heard her story. At school, I was mentally and physically abused in every way possible besides molestation or rape, ever since I was three. It finally capped off at the end of last school year. But it was never really that bad after 6th grade - i just got my flak from kids after that year. The hurt with both of us is still there, so that says a lot. Now, the British dude has never been through any of that.

But I think I have a clear advantage - the fact that we both used technology as an escape. But it's much deeper than just technology - it was the software behind it. Every game I played and loved as a kid, she played and loved. There are a few exceptions - she never played Descent, I never played Ristar, but we both tried them and enjoyed them.

To add to that, we enjoyed the same TV shows. The same music. The same books.

If you were to upload our data from our brains to a machine, it wouls probobly be 90% identical. Everything I know, she knows. From obscure Internet jokes to sick humor, we both know it all.

The other guy has a personality like Shannon - but I feel mine is more similar. I also make her laugh MUCH more than he does.

But the biggest advatage I feel, is work mentality. He has the mentality of working a job he hates to make lots of money.

You know what he is?

AN ACCOUNTANT.

You know what I am?

A GAME DESIGNER.

And a very skilled one at that. I can design anything as of writing this besides an RPG (MMORPG's I can do), or a strategy title. But even after three weeks of playing a genre, it becomes second instinct. It's like "You know what? THAT would be neat." when I see an object or news article that could be used in game. I don't even think - it comes naturally. And nobody else can do that.

And lemme ask you this: Would a geeky gamer chick (And I mean a chick who wears a "Rogues do it from behind" tube top) rather marry an accountant, or a game designer who is virtually a clone of her?

But I'm confident as hell, like with everything I do - because everything I attempt to pull off I end up pulling off. I know I can do anything. He doesn't seem to be like that.

But I'm not confident about relationships as much as I am. I know I can do this, but my other half is worried about variables that I do not know about.

In case you're wondering, she IS beautiful.

So what do I do here? Do you guys think I have a shot?

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
Uh Descent, similarities do not necessarily equate to mutual attraction. Unless you're talking about become friends with her, I wouldn't really count that as an advantage. You and her will have so much to talk about, but that kind of think isn't really the trump card you want to rely on. People don't want to date identical copies of each other.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Woodreaux said:
Uh Descent, similarities do not necessarily equate to mutual attraction. Unless you're talking about become friends with her, I wouldn't really count that as an advantage. You and her will have so much to talk about, but that kind of think isn't really the trump card you want to rely on. People don't want to date identical copies of each other.
Identical - almost. There are some glaring differences.

But I cannot explain this - it's not as if "Hey, she's me, 100%," it's as if there's enough differences to make it worthwhile and interesting.

Also, because of the geography in my area, I have not really met her in person yet. I have no car, and my family is always busy. Dix Hills is nothing but a desolate wasteland of residential areas only, with a VERY small commercial portion with a diner and a generic deli. You cannot walk anywhere here, because it's very hard work due to the mountainous sideroads. The majority of people are either immature twats or spoiled cunts - so frequently your best friend is say, 8 miles away? Not much - except for the fact that the only main road is Deer Park Avenue, which is also a suicide mission to bike or drive on. I frequently hear drag racers 4+ times a night. People drive like shitheads. The sideroads are not interconnected at all and you usually need a car or plutonium gonads to get into another development.

Needless to say, I hate it. There are definitely many differences but it's that kinda *click* feeling you get when you talk to them.

If there are any pieces of misinformation here, take note, disregard them, and bring them up tomorrow so I can fix my errors because I've blacked out from exhaustion twice while typing this and I need sleep.

You need to talk with the chick you 'love' about your relationship with her. You haven't met her yet and she could look like Brian Peppers. You need to meet her in person and talk to her one on one. Make sure she feels the same way you do. You don't want to end up with a chick not loving you and you 'loving' her. I seriously doubt that you do, in fact, love her. I've never had to use the interwebnets for dating use I wouldn't know. I've heard about it working on those eMatch bullshit ads, but don't know if it really works. I suggest you meet her in person, then establish how she feels about you. You have to open up to her and tell her everything you feel. Don't lose contact with her while you're in Cleveland. You must make sure that this brit doesn't take her away from you and leave you a sad, lonely, heartbroken person. It's happened to me, and it's terrible. My situation was different but I was still left alone while one of my close friends ran away with my girl. Don't let it happen to you Descent. Don't let her geht away. Not everything is about money, you know. She may end up loving this accountant for who he is, and not the paycheck he brings home. If she did leave him for you over your paycheck, she's a stupid, greedy, worthless cunt. Don't be decieved and don't let her run away from you.

Good luck Descent. :thumbsup:

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
chemistry, lust, love, infatuation is what makes a girl want to be with you. not just that you have the same taste in music, movies, games. sometimes its even opposites attract.

you want her to want you - then make her want you. make her want you more then she wants that other guy.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
icka said:
you want her to want you - then make her want you. make her want you more then she wants that other guy.
And how does one accomplish this?

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
ChilianFuckFace said:
And how does one accomplish this?
its different for every chick

i know.. i always want what i cant have.. playing games always works with me.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Don't worry about a thing, just go with the flow. If you have feelings for her, chances are she has feelings too. Similarities are very important. Opposites do attract but shared morals, values, and lots of things in common are what lasts.

The trick...don't think too hard about this, just go with it and see what happens.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Clean your goddamn room and invite her :confused:

take her out :confused:

it's not that hard, is it?

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Meet her in person before you say you love her.

Don't try to argue with me.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I Hate The FCC said:
You need to talk with the chick you 'love' about your relationship with her. You haven't met her yet and she could look like Brian Peppers. You need to meet her in person and talk to her one on one. Make sure she feels the same way you do. You don't want to end up with a chick not loving you and you 'loving' her. I seriously doubt that you do, in fact, love her. I've never had to use the interwebnets for dating use I wouldn't know. I've heard about it working on those eMatch bullshit ads, but don't know if it really works. I suggest you meet her in person, then establish how she feels about you. You have to open up to her and tell her everything you feel. Don't lose contact with her while you're in Cleveland. You must make sure that this brit doesn't take her away from you and leave you a sad, lonely, heartbroken person. It's happened to me, and it's terrible. My situation was different but I was still left alone while one of my close friends ran away with my girl. Don't let it happen to you Descent. Don't let her geht away. Not everything is about money, you know. She may end up loving this accountant for who he is, and not the paycheck he brings home. If she did leave him for you over your paycheck, she's a stupid, greedy, worthless cunt. Don't be decieved and don't let her run away from you.

Good luck Descent. :thumbsup:
HAHAHA! Brian Peppers! LMFAO!

Repped.

She has some of the unique features her brother has, i.e. somewhat Asian looking hair but full Italian genetically. Makes ya wonder. And her brother is the only kid I know like this. They look fully white but have Asian hair.

I always called him "the affair kid" cause of that.

Descent

Hella Constipated
RageAgainst said:
Clean your goddamn room and invite her :confused:

take her out :confused:

it's not that hard, is it?
Not hard at all - but I'm 50% done with my room. The closets will be hell - I have this tangle of wires I nicknamed "Medusa" that has everything from power cables to computer mice to a Dreamcast Fishing controller in it, as well as a coat hanger and a Fila windbreaker jacket.

That should give you an idea.

Descent

Hella Constipated
icka said:
chemistry, lust, love, infatuation is what makes a girl want to be with you. not just that you have the same taste in music, movies, games. sometimes its even opposites attract.

That's what I felt talking to her over the phone and shit - it's like "Now connected to Shannon at 100Mbps."

Descent

Hella Constipated
Icarus said:
Meet her in person before you say you love her.

Don't try to argue with me.
I shant, because I'm already in that frame of mind. Besides, you're the biggest fucking pimp in all of What The Fuck?! Kingdom. Everyone listens to your advice on females!

skwabari_shtcak

sugar daddies welcome
Just be yourself, don't try too hard, and let it happen naturally. If you try too hard, she'll think you are a phony. And if you push her to like you, it'll scare her away. And meeting her in person is a good first step!!!

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
wait, wait, wait. i smell bullshit. clarify please d, how old is she and how old is he? i mean how could he be an accountant???? are you using forward looking career path choices here? if so, how the F could he already know he loathes accounting but do it for the great loads of money?

as someone else pointed out, having a lot in common doesn't always win the day. and you keep saying she is beautiful...but how does she view you, physically attractive or not?

hell if worse comes to worse, you can report him to the gov't as a terrorist. then again, she may move to england instead and you'd never see her again. yah, that makes about as much sense as your reasoning.

just go for it. nothing ventured is nothing gained.

GL

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
Girls like it when a guy speaks up about his feelings. Not that you should be a pile of tears begging for her to love you, but I'm just saying tell her how you feel about her from all your conversations online. Tell her you'd like to get to know her on a more one on one face to face relationship. Don't tell her right away you love her, just know you do. You need to be sure she wants to get to know you too and she too likes being with you before you tell her your feelings of love. It's OK to be the first to say you love her but if you say it before meeting her, she might be a little scared off. You also don't want to say it untill after many dates. You two do have a lot in common and despite what others say in this thread, that helps a GREAT deal when finding a good relationship. It doesn't mean it'll work out, but it's a great start! Go from there. If she's not dating this accountant already I think she'd love to meet you. Being a game designer as opposed to an accountant in my book makes no difference if you are the right person for her. It's amazing when two people have had similar horrible pasts meet, that can be a start of a great friendship and sometimes more. She may already be interested in you, but the ball's in your court, you must make the next move to actually meet her. Take her out to dinner/movie before letting her see your room. That way you aren't wasting time cleaning your room while she starts looking for someone else to date. One more thing, The other really good advice people in this thread have said over and over again is be yourself. Just relax and let things happen. Steer the relationship as any passenger likes to do but just don't try too hard to make the relationship happen if it isn't going to work.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Descent said:
Not hard at all - but I'm 50% done with my room. The closets will be hell - I have this tangle of wires I nicknamed "Medusa" that has everything from power cables to computer mice to a Dreamcast Fishing controller in it, as well as a coat hanger and a Fila windbreaker jacket.

That should give you an idea.
Hon, she's not going to be looking through your closets. You're tweeking too hard. Breathe!