WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I need help with a tech gun question for a story

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
OK, I know jack about guns other than how to shoot them (and very welll, I might add)

My character is a reporter on field in Sin City (thats not the name of the town, but you get the idea). Her family is from there, and her father was a bounty hunter. The only thing she has left of him (and her whole family) is a gun. It has to be a special, easy to carry, light wieght and very accurate. No gimmicky bullshit, this was a hand made automatic pistol. So, help me out. I dont even know what to call it.

Thanks.

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
a .25 Baretta is a gun that's very easy to hide, carry, aim, silence, etc. On the flip side it is also known for jamming on ocasion. (Most of this information comes from Dr. No)

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
dustinzgirl said:
OK, I know jack about guns other than how to shoot them (and very welll, I might add)

My character is a reporter on field in Sin City (thats not the name of the town, but you get the idea). Her family is from there, and her father was a bounty hunter. The only thing she has left of him (and her whole family) is a gun. It has to be a special, easy to carry, light wieght and very accurate. No gimmicky bullshit, this was a hand made automatic pistol. So, help me out. I dont even know what to call it.

Thanks.
when you say handmade do you mean custom, as in a one off? not sure if i know anything about custom guns.. :happysad:

but if production i would go with a polymer body 9mm, such as.. http://www.kahr.com/review_ch_0900.html
small, potent and hostile.. not gimmicky, believable, not cliched (see glock etc).. and i chose the 9 over the 40 as i get better clusters with the 9, you may prefer otherwise..

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
rueger(sp?) makes a fully automatic 9 already... its small, and lightweight. fits in most regular sized gun holsters...

void said:
when you say handmade do you mean custom, as in a one off? not sure if i know anything about custom guns.. :happysad:

but if production i would go with a polymer body 9mm, such as.. http://www.kahr.com/review_ch_0900.html
small, potent and hostile.. not gimmicky, believable, not cliched (see glock etc).. and i chose the 9 over the 40 as i get better clusters with the 9, you may prefer otherwise..
problem is, that doesn't really look very sentimental. how about something along the lines of a custom walther PPK? like hilter had, it had pure pearl grip, engraved barrell etc.

example:

http://www.littlegun.be/arme allemande/walther/walther ppk annif 50 ans.jpg

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Darklight said:
rueger(sp?) makes a fully automatic 9 already... its small, and lightweight. fits in most regular sized gun holsters...
ruger 9mm.. got one.. makes good holes.. i didn't go that route for the same reason as i didn't say glock.. too well known for the story maybe..

void

Banned - What an Asshat!