WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I need help with school.

Sod

Spilly Talker
For christs sake, they won't give me a student loan to go to school because my parents make too much money, WTF?! I'm taking a trade in pipefitting, and welding, so if anyone is feeling generous, they could support the "Kyles going to school fund" paypal at kyle_bisonette@hotmail.com...i know i shouldn't do this, but i'm god damned pissed and i need to go to school!!!!! thanks in advance for anyone who gives me anything.

Janglenut

Particinator
Sod said:
For christs sake, they won't give me a student loan to go to school because my parents make too much money, WTF?! I'm taking a trade in pipefitting, and welding, so if anyone is feeling generous, they could support the "Kyles going to school fund" paypal at kyle_bisonette@hotmail.com...i know i shouldn't do this, but i'm god damned pissed and i need to go to school!!!!! thanks in advance for anyone who gives me anything.
Scholarships? Get a job? If you "need" to go to school there is other ways to make it bucko.

Sod

Spilly Talker
I live on my own, i work 90-100 hours every paycheck, and that just covers rent, so i will never be able to afford tuition, cock fag government

Rurrouni

Shinsengumi
Rob a bank? If your smart enough that should work. Other then that you can try to find a oop hole in the goverment that gives you the money for the scholarship.

2233boys

Yes you are!
Sod said:

Same thing happened to me... I had to join the Reserves, plus had a job all through college... In the mean time, tell your parents to quit claiming you on their taxes, if you live on your own they shouldn't be claiming you anyway... When they don't claim you as a dependent you will be able to get all the loans you want... Also look for grants etc...

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Sod said:
I know it can be hard, and really, I wish I was rich so I could help you out. I will see what I can do over my next few paydays for you Sod. Dont stress, life has a way of working out in the end.

Easty

Click click boom
im in college, bro. i agree it sucks to pay for it. check around for something called the "stafford loan". should take some off your shoulders :thumbsup:

countrygrl

Highly Excitable
2233boys said:
In the mean time, tell your parents to quit claiming you on their taxes, if you live on your own they shouldn't be claiming you anyway... When they don't claim you as a dependent you will be able to get all the loans you want... Also look for grants etc...
Exactly right...check out local scholarships too. Some can be real easy to get.

scgalemd

Necro-Poster
Freedom is the key.

Also, you should consider completely separating yourself from your parents financially - they may make too much money for loans but you definitely dont...

Tell your parents to either shell out the cash for college or stop claiming you on their taxes - If you declare yourself as your sole supporter you should have no trouble getting loans.

Sinamon

~Broken Angel~
You said you pay for rent and all? Then you dont live with you're parents? you should be able to get that loan then...as soon as I moved out of my parents house i qualified and was able to go to school with that loan.

2233boys

Yes you are!
sinamon said:
You said you pay for rent and all? Then you dont live with you're parents? you should be able to get that loan then...as soon as I moved out of my parents house i qualified and was able to go to school with that loan.

They have to quit claiming him as a dependent, otherwise he is still considered thier dependent thus their income counts with his...

Stafford loans are good but I couldn't get as much with them as I could Phea (can't remember now if that was what they were called)... Once they quit claiming me (after my freshman year and I too lived on my own, dang money grubers ;) ) I was able to get what I needed easily...