WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I need Techno Help

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
I have brought forth my very first computer out of the closet. I need a mobo that suits an AMD K6-2, 500 mhz (it's slow I know, but its just gonna be used for Internet, and Linux(This is better than the 266 mhz, I had in it before)), and fits the AT standard. Yes my computer is that old. Does anyone know where I can get old AT standard mobos?

I figured enough techno-oriented people surfed these boards, and would be able to help me out.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Unfortunately, neither Newegg, nor Tigerdirect carry Socket 7 boards. :thumbsdn: Newegg is where I am getting my "new" processor from, for only 16 dollars.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Thanks man, I have found what I needed! I would rep you, infact, I tried, but it won't let me, but thanks for your help! :thumbsup:

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
Fire_ze_Missles said:
I have brought forth my very first computer out of the closet. I need a mobo that suits an AMD K6-2, 500 mhz (it's slow I know, but its just gonna be used for Internet, and Linux(This is better than the 266 mhz, I had in it before)), and fits the AT standard. Yes my computer is that old. Does anyone know where I can get old AT standard mobos?

I figured enough techno-oriented people surfed these boards, and would be able to help me out.
wow that does suck

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Fire_ze_Missles said:
Thanks man, I have found what I needed! I would rep you, infact, I tried, but it won't let me, but thanks for your help! :thumbsup:
Another Happy ending here on WTF's WorkBench..:thumbsup:

gumercules

Ultra Mega
i was prepared to offer my lightswitch rave services, but that's not the kind of techno you meant

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
Broken said:
YAY now can we get a computer& tech forum

Broken said:

Hmm. Maybe that could be the name for the new forum.

Seriously.