WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

I quit

Do you think I will make it?

• Total voters

bnccoder

Postaholic
I've decided to quit smoking cold turkey. I smoked my last cig last night and so far I'm doing good. Wish me luck, I've smoked everyday for nine years. My parents always supported it. Any advice?

breakology

Kiss my Converse
There must be something in the water, everyone I know stopped smoking recently. I hope you kick the habit bro, good luck ... don't cheat yourself :thumbsup:

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
it depends how much you smoke and if this is your first time attempting to quit. i used to smoke and i tried quiting cold turkey and i didnt even smoke that much. a day later i said allright ill just smoke one more and than im done. and then i just said fuck it i wont have cancer till im really old. then a month later i slowly eased my way off until i was at the point where i was barely smoking and then i just threw away all my cigarettes, lighters, tabacco, etc. and quit.

i wish you good luck. the thing is though now i cant stand being near people that smoke. just getting a wiff of non-menthol cigarettes makes me want to get one. i havnet yet though.

bnccoder

Postaholic
I'm down to about half a pack a day and no it's not my first time to try to quit.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
i wish you the best of luck, half a pack a day is a lot to go cold turkey. the gum tastes like shit, but its better than smoking if you get a sudden urge. (although that shit is expensive...).

the one key part that to me says that you will be successful, if not now, then soon, is that you want to quit. if you are pressured to or dont have the will power to do it than you won't. good luck :)

bnccoder

Postaholic
I tried the gum before. I was on the 4Mg because the two wasn't wortking. I eneded up chewing it so much that when I went back to cigs I was smoking two packs a day. The patches itch, so thats out.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
bnccoder said:
I tried the gum before. I was on the 4Mg because the two wasn't wortking. I eneded up chewing it so much that when I went back to cigs I was smoking two packs a day. The patches itch, so thats out.
i heard that if you put the patch on your neck before you go to sleep you get weird dreams, but i wouldnt try it becasue im not sure if htat is a good idea... as i said earlier good luck.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Bnncoder! That's great to hear, I think you will do it, I did it cold turkey. and it worked for me, well kind of :p
I started smoking when I was 9 :eek: and then all of my friends followed..fucking sheeps.
And then I stopped a year ago! And now I hate the smell of smoke, and trying to get my friends to stop smoking :happysad:
Good luck to you.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Quitting is easy. I've done it a hundred times. I figure why stop now? I'm no quitter. :thumbsup: Good luck.

i usually quit during the summer and start again in the winter. i think i smoke when i'm bored. but good luck to you! YOU CAN DO IT!

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
bnccoder said:
I've decided to quit smoking cold turkey. I smoked my last cig last night and so far I'm doing good. Wish me luck, I've smoked everyday for nine years. My parents always supported it. Any advice?
<[a|ien]> fiiiiiiiiiive goooooooooooooolden riiiiiiiiiiiings

bnccoder

Postaholic
YUCK FOU!!! said:
<[a|ien]> fiiiiiiiiiive goooooooooooooolden riiiiiiiiiiiings
I was thinking more along the lines of 50 and all the chaos emeralds.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Good choice to quit smoking.

Good Sonic reference.

10/10. :thumbsup:

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
bnccoder said:
I wish I could say I had faith but I don't. I will hold out hope for you. It took me quite some time to give it up but Ive been without cancer sticks for 10 years now. Your young and will most likely stumble along the way!

bnccoder

Postaholic
TwisT said:
I wish I could say I had faith but I don't. I will hold out hope for you. It took me quite some time to give it up but Ive been without cancer sticks for 10 years now. Your young and will most likely stumble along the way!
Ok Ponyboy, you and [size=-1]Johnny[/size] head back to the house and save me a pack of cancer sticks. Just in case.

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
bnccoder said:

Stay away from kids, gives you stress and makes you want to smoke. Focus on your job(if have one). Or just focus on something constructive. :cool:

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
bnccoder said:
Ok Ponyboy, you and [size=-1]Johnny[/size] head back to the house and save me a pack of cancer sticks. Just in case.
call it like I see it, and been there done that!

MR. Morris need YOU!

bnccoder

Postaholic
TwisT said:
call it like I see it, and been there done that!

MR. Morris need YOU!
Tell Phillip he can kiss my ass, I like being able to breathe normal again. :thumbsup:

I think a huge part of quitting is all in your head. My dad smoked for approx 35+ years, and only a few months ago he was smoking, took it out of his mouth and stared at it, said wtf am i doing, and he hasn't smoked since. He just said he stopped enjoying smoking.